Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

TK - Since I do not write code I myself would be at a loss to make this happen. That is why I want the end user to have the ability to change if they can or desire. Now...if any of the other three testers are up to it and it fits on a Tiny13 I do not mind (to avoid changing specs). The code would need to be furnished to EE for implementation. You write code don't you..at least for this purpose of firmware?

You’re saying that a reverse clicky, a mechanical switch, can be used like an e-switch for short or long presses? By delaying the off with the reverse switch mechanism? Finesse it, as it were? Interesting!

Edit: It was explained to me that the mechanical switch interrupts power while the e-switch only interrupts signal to the MCU. With an e-switch there is power on at all times (sleep modes power down but it’s still there and ready) So I am not getting how the power interrupt could act in the same way. Of course, there’s a lot I don’t understand. The female half of the Worlds population for starters. :wink:

With a clicky it’s more fiddly than with an e-switch. Long presses are done ‘blind’, you just have to know when to let go.

We simply use multiple off time values to pick out shorter or longer presses.

I haven’t tried it yet. I’m confident that I will not like it. I’ll try it just to be certain.

You tease you!

You aren't kidding! I know where things are headed but I have to wait for Dale to get everything together so I do not put my foot in my mouth :)

Well, I tested a couple cells…

No spring bypasses, just the driver and copper star.

Sort of, yes. It can sense approximately how long it was off, and react in different ways depending on that.

If you’d like to try it, grab ToyKeeper/cypreus/cypreus.* from my firmware repo. It uses a short press (< 0.5s) to go to the next mode, a medium press (0.5s to ~1.5s) to go to the previous mode, and a long press (> ~1.5s) to reset back to the first mode. If you go backward from the first mode, it’ll access some semi-hidden modes — turbo, strobe, and battcheck.

The first mode is moon, and it attempts to compensate for low cell voltage by ramping up the pulse frequency. Try it with a half-empty cell to see it work.

In any case, I’d like to know what you think about it.

Those numbers look promising! The light looks very nice in your video. The video makes it look much bigger than it is, I think this will be a nice little pocket rocket.

By the way, this A17DD-SO8 driver looks so freakin nice, I totally must have one of these, I guess living in Europe doesn’t make it easier…

Thanks DBCstm for teaser. Looking forward to these rascals =)

Nice Dale thanks,

When you try some low resistance mods later on, it would be very interesting if you had some copper beryllium springs to test also :wink:

I know it is not likely we will get EE to go that far, but if we know what it would give, we could know how hard to push for it if not on this then maybe next GB.

Dale's results added to the OP.

Wow, I'm totally surprised this light gets these amps with two steel springs in place . Great!!

(or perhaps the stock springs are not steel but a copper alloy?)

Without much effort this light performs. :) If people are interested in getting in on this please post.

Feb.15th is the start of the Spring Festival and it runs to the 25th. and I would like it be able to get as finalized as possible before then.

We need to get to 200 for the logo and 500 for the copper. If we could not get to the 500 then I would try and negotiate but cannot make any promises.

I would be willing to add two more for a total of four lights, 2 CW and 2 NW.

My original post is #3 and I am #5 and #6 on the list.

I wonder how much performance is lost with the aluminum star if we can’t get a copper one?

EDIT
I just want to add, that i am more than willing to pay a bit more if that is what it takes to get a copper mcpcb in this light.

+1

In for one NW!! :-)

Thanks bugsy for the hard work.

+1

Hey, wait, the driver will be the pretty one with the diagonal FET, right? ;-)

:love: