Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

The way I see it...after we all review the lights...you might as well push it and see what it is capable of, right? Isn't that also part of a review? :)

:bigsmile:

Pictures or it never happened.

Dale…how many DHL packages are you getting today?

Don’t hog ’em all! :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t even know the A6 was coming today, pleasant surprise.

Ok, quick look… the tail cap will go right on the X6, looks almost identical except that it has a nice curved cut-out for the finger instead of the squared notch on the X6. The ano looks nice, a bit lighter in color than the SE X6, but the same texture.

And you know what? I think EE is listening!

The stock light, before Wights driver, is making nice figures! Evenly spaced 4 modes! Surprise Surprise!

0.03A for 10.56 lumens
0.30A for 128
0.98A for 390
2.87A for 869.4 and 766 at 30 seconds.

This with the XP-L, unknown tint bin but it appears to be the 3C…need to give that a better look.

Essentially the same size as the Convoy S6, but made somewhat differently in that it’s 4 pieces not 3. Interesting. :wink:

Enough for the teaser, more later…

Not bad for out of the box and $20. To me that is a very usable light.

I guess I will let the rest out of the bag now...just a good a time as any.

Dale, Wight, Kronos, and myself are waiting for the samples. Of the four I consider myself to be the neophyte elf with this stuff.

• Wight - as we all know..knows HIS drivers. He can assist or recommend what driver changes are necessary (if any) as well any other things he sees.
  • Dale - just plain brutal. LOL. He is also assembling drivers for this but we also know that he can and he will push the light to the limits and tell us what needs to happen or cannot.
  • Kronos - like the others he will furnish his unbiased opinion and help me navigate this GB stuff.
  • Me/Elf - I will give it 4 days 12 hrs each of actual daily abuse at work, as well as loan it to coworkers for opinions. Technically speaking I can provide temps and runtimes with the various batteries

I am looking forward to receiving my sample and installing the new driver. The lumens gods are always shining down on Dale. LOL

I’m going in, MCU’s flashed and it’s off to assembly. :bigsmile:

Want one!!

Count on me for the list

I don’t guess anyone but George want’s to know the figures on it though. :stuck_out_tongue:

I pulled the emitter off their aluminum star and put it on a 16mm Noctigon. I pulled the spring off their driver (an interesting one by the way, it’s got a big mosfet on it that resembles the Vishay 70N02! But a wee bit of resistance, don’t know why it’s not performing higher) and put it on the new driver. No bypass, either on the driver or the tail.

So this, if they build the driver just like I did, is what the BLF Special Edition Eagle Eye A6 should be like.

I’ll say this, it gets 119º at the head in 30 seconds in level 7. Level 1 is 11.11 lumens.

The driver they use isn’t DD, it’s linear. The low resistance is because they have a low sense voltage. Previously that was advertised as 2.6A max, I think that these A6’s are the first place I’ve seen it setup for more.

What PWM is level 1?

This driver looks nothing like the one in the X6. Nothing. It’s a 2 board driver with a large MOSFET.

Wight, you have the C file and hex code…

I forgot that I had the code. :~

This driver is the LD25: http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001997/1143103-1-lithium-2-group-3-5-mode-2-6a-led-flashlight

Except that is an R02 sense resistor.

Either way, it’s just another one for the bin…

I don’t think you will hold out that long, i expect within 5 days of light receipt it will be upgraded, even if you don’t post the results right away

See Bort? You don’t know me very well, I usually mod em within the hour… most don’t even get turned on in stock mode. :wink:

At a guess, I’d assume the lowest level is set to PWM=1.

The highest level is probably similar to other direct-driven XP-L emitters, though I don’t know how fast the output would drop in this host or how much the unbraided springs will decrease output.

If it has 7 evenly-spaced levels and a range of 11 to 1600 lumens (I’m guessing), the output levels would be:
1: 11 lm: PWM=1
2: 55 lm: PWM=8
3: 155 lm: PWM=24
4: 337 lm: PWM=54
5: 622 lm: PWM=99
6: 1035 lm: PWM=165
7: 1600 lm: PWM=255

Personally, I’d like to see a lower low and maybe 6 modes instead of 7. But lower would be difficult (and very voltage-sensitive) with only a FET, so perhaps moon mode is best left to smaller lights.

I hope we’ll ship it with firmware that allows navigating both directions through the modes, and hopefully also includes some hidden modes like battery check and beacon.

A familiar symptom. :wink:

It’s not an e-switch light, so your hopes of reversing and hidden are not likely.

PWM is 1,4,11,30,90,140,255

But it has an off-time cap, so it can interpret short/med/long presses. This makes reverse and hidden much more feasible. :slight_smile: