Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Please NW

Please count me in for 2 NW. Thanks

Was there any possibility of another tint like 4C or D? I’m really not happy with any 3C I’ve received but I love the A this is outputting and the modes.

I’d like 5A3(4000k and 80CRI) for the NW. Don’t think I’ve seen any 4* tint XPLs yet. Not a fan of 3C either.

I cannot comment about any tints until EE knows what the final count and what their availability is.

We need to remember that this is an XP-L and there is only so much available for choices.

1 for NW please

1 NW please

1 NW please

Also in the op....

The waiting for the holiday to finish is killing me. LOL. I am not sure if everyone in China returns to work on the 23rd or the 27th.

Right no we are up to 382 units. I really do not think getting to the 500 is going to be an issue and I feel real confident in that. If the driver with the +1 7135 can be manufactured without any issue, and the production samples are as expected/required, this GB should start to move a bit quicker.

Thanks to everybody for their patience! :)

Next!

(I didn’t know I had patients!)

Definitely in for one

Yup I forgot I havent seen 4C XPL either. And no, I’m not asking for anything specific really, just something other than greenish 3C and hopefully warmer than 3C.

I think i have already said this but if i have not.

I of course hope we can get a good NW tint in the V6 flux bin (not 2C,3C those are way to green & yellow) but if we can’t get a good V6 tint i would actually rather lose some output by getting a V5 in a good tint or maybe a V4 even, because a little less output i can stand but a ugly tint that made worse by the AR lens is to much & then i will have to replace it anyway with a 3D or maybe 3A or some other from below the BBL.

Anyway bugsy36, i can’t wait for the Chinese to get back to work from there celebrations & give us some updates on the progress :slight_smile:

Is an AR lens really necessary? I find I often have to replace lenses to get a non-AR version because of what the coating does to the tint.

I don’t know if a non-AR lens is even a possibility, but I know I’d personally prefer a plain piece of glass instead of a coated one.

Yes this is what i also have been thinking, these last days i have been researching ways to strip the AR coating off so i don’t have to invest in new plain glass lenses for all my favorite lights.

I haven’t tested it yet but some claim you can use metal polish like autosol & brasso & a lot of elbow grease :smiley: to polish off the AR, the other common suggestion people use is various formulations of extremely toxic hydrofluoric acid but that is just crazy :Sp it is mostly lazy opticians who don’t value their health who use that stuff.

And bugsy36 just for the record, i also would like a plain glass lens for this light if it would be possible, but i wonder how much output we would lose? Could you test TK? i remember your setup was calibrated very similar to Dales.

At lest a measurement for the size would be nice so i can get an plain glass one ordered, because the X6-SE AR glass i felt cast to much green & blue & i assume the A6 would be of a similar quality.

TK where do you buy plain glass lenses of good quality? i know flashlighlenses.com is a often recommended place but they don’t respond to messages from their contact form & shipping is crazy expensive to Sweden.

Dx & kaisdomain i have bought lenses from before, but selection is limited……is there some other place i have missed?

Before I got into flashlight forums, I never knew of AR-coated lenses that affect the tint of the transmitted light. I worked in an optical lab (as a biologist), AR-coating increased light transmission and nothing else (but the lenses were mostly Zeiss, Leica, Thorlabs and such).

But then I found out about cheap AR-coatings, even fake AR-coatings (on those incredibly bad binoculars for sale at market stands) that is just a coloured coating. Things at least have changed for affordability :-)

Thats interesting, at least that would indicate that good AR shouldn’t affect tint.

But i wonder if maybe the Cree style of square dies that have mostly one tint in the center but a variable tint in the spill of the beam, makes bad AR look even worse…….

Good AR doesn’t affect tint, the cheap stuff does. Good AR isn’t cheap. Do you honestly think that if an AR coating affected tint that Canon would use it on multiple pieces of glass in a 12-18 optic lens?

I’ve seen throw go up some 27.75Kcd in a modified Courui D01 when simply replacing the clear glass with the UCLp version from flashlightlens.com. Seriously, $7 and a lens swap took the throw numbers to 369.25Kcd from 341.5Kcd. I’ll take that any day!

Perhaps in a low power light the AR isn’t needed? But cheap and AR coating don’t go hand in hand. Another case of “you get what you pay for”.

I don’t know anything about camera lenses, the first time i ever have run across the concept is on flashlight lenses, and so for now i guess all i have seen is cheap bad ones then.

Your 7$ for a UCLp is 12,75$ shipped to Sweden for me, for a 35mm lens that is for replacing the X6 AR i don’t know what size the Courui D01 is.
I will of course have to some day test theirs to, but flashlightlens.com unwillingness to answer questions is a little of putting to me :frowning:

The problem here is the Eagle Eye AR is the cheap stuff, so personally i would much rather have the tint i selected without any ugly green & yellow cast, than a few % more output on a light that is as powerful as the A6 GB light is.
But of course if we can get the good stuff i am all for it :slight_smile:

Diffusion film helps a lot with the color variation throughout different parts of the beam. It won’t undo the effects of an AR tint shift, but it can at least make the beam more consistent.

I don’t really have any good sources for lenses. I’d really like to find a place to buy non-coated frosted lenses though, since the frosted surface diffuses light more smoothly than diffusion film.