Code now public! BLF A6 FET+7135 Light. Short 18350 tubes and Unanodized Lights Available

Let me say in advance that this is NOT intended towards anybody in particular or even intended to be harsh BUT it will read harsh as some writing does :)

I am going to try and put this driver thing to rest once and for all. For those that know and understand intellectual property, please do not debate it here. For those that do not I will make it as simple as possible.

• Trademark - A method of identification. No two unrelated entities can share the same trademark.
  • Copyright - The exclusive right of a creator to control production and use of works commercially for profit (usually refers to art and music)
  • Fair Use - Originally meant for news and education but extended to personal use and can side-step copyright

When I saw what Wight did I thought it would be cool to get that driver in a tube light - specifically this A6. Because there was COMMERCIAL production and PROFIT involved I asked for permission, and permission for this driver to be manufactured and installed in this A6 ONLY. I did not ask for permission to have the driver itself commercially manufactured for stand-alone sale and I would not either.

At that time the only entity that was going to be allowed to manufacture drivers COMMERCIALLY for PROFIT was RMM. I can understand that and respect that. First of all, Wight and RMM worked on a few things together, and secondly (and I could be wrong) Wight had a fondness of RMM (as many of here do). So why not? There is nothing wrong with that.

Wight NEVER EVER said that people could not manufacture these drivers for their own use. He did not care and would not be able to do anything about that.

Here in the US, for those of us that do not build drivers (me,me,me) we have access to DD drivers via mtnelectronics.com. A great guy who has contributed a lot to our hobby while making small money (if any) all while putting himself from school. When he's in class his wife helps get OUR stuff out, between raising their kids, running their house, and doing what the girls do. Not an easy task but it makes one hell of a difference for us. I mentioned small money because we ALL know what RMM spends on this stuff and inventory. He certainly does not get it for pennies and his SMALL PROFIT is generated through quantity discounts he receives while fronting the money to have things on hand for US. Has anybody noticed that his inventory is getting larger even though he is trying like hell to control it? That SMALL PROFIT has been going right back into inventory...FOR US. It isn't without risk either. All of a sudden "these batteries are no longer hot sh*t" or "this is the latest thrower" etc. etc.

With that said I was NOT going to have and will NOT have any part in competing with RMM for DD drivers, and possibly even leaving him holding the bag of a few hundred bucks of unused parts. Just NOT going to happen. He does not make that much profit and IS entitled to the little he does make. I will take no part in screwing a good guy in order to save a couple bucks.

Added Edit: For the Record - RMM never knew MY reason for never asking nor wanting to try and mass produce Wight's or any DD driver. I never discussed it with anyone and RMM and I have never discussed business in any shape or form. Our only contact has been orders and fixing my screw ups :)

For those not in the US, Mitko has been helping people in the Old World, as have a couple others. The drivers are available worldwide.

So with all of that said - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - No more talk of getting this driver mass produced separately with this GB.

FYI - To all of those that do not know or been reading Dale's posts - The latest EE samples with the EE sourced drivers are decent drivers BUT they are not the exact same driver and they can be placed in other lights. The point I am making there is that if people want Chinese DD drivers then start contacting driver manufacturers and flashlight manufacturers. If there is enough noise made they might make them.

NOW BACK TO OUR REGULAR NEWS...and the latest samples from....

(no it's not EE and they are here )

Any chance of getting the drivers…… I m kidding! Hell I’m not even sure what to do with a driver if I had one.

The real question is…. Samples, but not from EE???

+1

FWIW, I have no interest in restricting use or making profit on my BLF-related code. I don’t really even care about attribution, aside from the minimal amount required to implement “copyleft” or “share alike” in our legal system. I’m just interested in empowering people to do whatever they want, providing tools and legal rights to help them follow their inspiration.

BLF is sort of a “maker” community. Go make stuff, and tell us how you did it! It’s a beautiful thing.

Should I take a picture of my “work bench”? It would show I am truly gifted at making a total disaster of a mess! :slight_smile: I can show y’all how to do that if you want. lol

Yeah Dale - I think that we would all like to see it.

TIA!
-Chuck

What?!? New samples no one knows about???
This could be HUGE NEWS!!!

Someone is payng attention…

I’m not saying anythng
:cowboy_hat_face:

Times like these Krono’s avitar is perfect…

I think bugsy’s real talent is of the “hype man” type

Must be that plan B bugsy mentioned some days ago… You guys are killing me.

Yes please do that, i have actually picked up tips on tools & parts i haven’t realised i needed, several times from pictures of mods with the work bench in the background.

I've seen Dales work bench. No not that one. The one with the drill press on it. This guy is a true master craftsman with what he achieves with what he has.

I tested IOS V6 3D on this flashlight alltogether with A17DD driver ( the 7135 version) and the result is great: ofc i used TK`s firmware( thanks for the FL TK, great job indeed)
It could even compare to my lovely X6 EDC
5.5 amps with 25r, with a fresh battery the body gets pretty hot quite fast, so 30 sec turbo timer is a must

V6 3D has great tint btw, if you love 5000k with kinda pinky tint thats your emitter

I dont know how it will “look” combined with an Ar coated glass … could be an issue…

I updated the UI diagram, and I’d like to know if it makes sense. It’s an attempt to visually explain the BLF A6 interface.

Edit: The way config mode works is:

1. Fast-press a bunch of times until it stops lighting up.
  2. After a brief pause, it’ll blink twice. Turn the light off between those two blinks to toggle the mode group.
  3. If you didn’t turn the light off, it’ll then pause and blink two more times. Turn the light off between these two blinks to toggle mode memory.
  4. If you didn’t turn the light off, it’ll exit back to a regular mode.

When you turn the light back on, it will have new settings.

Speaking about my favourite XP-L V6 3D :heart_eyes:

If you guys haven’t noticed, Hank at IOS have gotten some new stock of them :smiley:

Pick up some before they are gone again, i can’t imagine we get lucky enough to get the V6 3D as the NW option in the GB, of course i hope i am wrong, but i am not taking any chances :wink:

I have ordered everything i needed, including a triple 20mm Noctigon 3XP with some lovely 3D’s on it for when the A6-SE gets done ;), and enough noctigon 20mm (3) & 16mm (1) to make the needed spacer. The XP-L V6 3D Noctigon 3XP cost $25.50 and you have to ask for it because it wasn’t listed as an option.

EDIT I forget to say i also got a Carlco 1507 20mm from IOS for the triple.

Hmm strange, i just checked IOS and the site is down for a 50hour claimed maintenance :~

One question though, the carclo optics. I have no experience with them, so i guess i have too pick up one each of the triple 20mm to see what i like best.

Given that I have read a previous post which explained how to change from 7 mode to 4 mode, most of it makes sense to me and forms the basis for an invaluable summary.

I still don’t understand the mode memory off/on part. Or the blink, clink?, blick comments.

Many thanks yet again!

@ TK, makes sense to me. I think I got it quite easily with that diagram.

My previous post was a reply to TK’s last post