***PAY HERE Eagle Eye X6 Heatsinks (Triple & Quads)(CLOSED)

Haha, I may not run home. Especially if there are some good deer around to shoot. I have plenty of thermals.

there is plenty of deer, love hunting

Hunting is what got me into flashlights!

same here i was searching for a coyote light

Hog lights for me. Still new to this and diving in head first. Got a bunch of lights, bunch of batteries, a new DMM and lux meter, building a light box, and a bunch of upgrade parts. Just have to find time to do some modding when season is out in 10 days.

Here’s a video library of some close-ups of the bypassed switch from the X6…

Thanks very nice this will make it much easier.

I like how when the wire goes straight to the top of the spring it can’t break it self lose from the bottom, like i have happened sometime, when it’s only from the spring top to the bottom.

And that is 22AWG silicone wire? i guess from RMM.

I like to solder it to the switch first, then at the top of the spring I twist it slightly to introduce a slight coil to the wire, cut it off strip it and bend it over the top then solder it in place. This slight coil helps it to stack when the spring is compressed. :slight_smile:

How are you guys choosing your triple/quads LEDs?
First i thought of only using V6 3D on the triple, but now i am thinking
1 3D, 1 3C, 1 3A tint mixing for a smoother NW.

Or maybe 1 3D, 1 3A & 1 3A dedomed that 3A should end up somewhere around 4C or 4D for a little added throw and overall a little warmer white. Total the light should end up somewhere around 3D, 4A but smoother

And for the quad i am thinking of using 1 3D, 1 3C, 1 3A, 1 2C(because i can’t find a V6 3B).

Or for extra throw + a little warmer smoother white 1 3D, 1 3A, 1 3D dedomed, 1 3A dedomed.

Why cajampa, I think you’ve become a flashaholic! :stuck_out_tongue:

Does dedoming still produce more throw in a TIR?

For my triple I ordered three V6 3D (or 3C, I can’t remember).

I do plan on mixing tint bins in the future, but I plan on using XPG2’s in a 7 emitter SRK for that build.

@Dale, Yeah i think you are right :wink: last night i had my first dream where i used my edc light to get a better look at something in a dark corner :slight_smile:

@pilotdog, maybe Dale can answer that, i think he accidentally dedomed several xp-l’s in his various triple & quad builds.
But i don’t see why not.

I have tried to get away from de-doming as the tint is very seldom as nice as can be had in a domed emitter. Of most recent experience yesterday a TIR I was experimenting with just didn’t like the de-domed emitters, having a much more cluttered beam projection. Seems like the TIR is computer generated to optimize the characteristics of the emitter as the factory makes em, the dome contributes to how the internal reflections interact. Removing that key element causes the computations to be skewed resulting in a less than desirable effect on the output. Reflectors are more forgiving, but still become more difficult to achieve optimum focus.

Remember too that de-doming will bring losses, multi-emitter set-ups add up to large lumens loss. A good example of that is a friends Triple X6. With the CUTE-3 SS it produces 914 more lumens than with the Wide angle optic. Merely changing the optic is a near 1000 lumen swing in output which is pretty huge by anybody’s computations!

Thanks that is good to know, i didn’t the know TIRs where this sensitive to dedoming.

OK for now i will refrain from the dedoming experimentations in the triple & quad.

EDIT
And the different lumens output between the SS & W are very interesting, the CUTE-3-SS has 19 degree angle & the W has 40, do know that the CUTE-4-SS has a 11 degree angle :slight_smile: now i am even more curious to know how the CUTE-4 will perform.

I actually sanded down the top of one of my CUTE-3 SS optics and polished it back to perfectly clear. It really lets you see the internal TIR and looks pretty cool, but doesn’t seem to change the beam profile or brightness to any visible degree. Surprised me, all that work and it netted not a thing.

That looks pretty clean dale i would of guessed it would improve the beam

Yeah i remember you did that :slight_smile: and it looks really nice.
If i would want to do something like that, how do you do it? i have a bunch of different wet sand papers from 100 to 8000, would that be enough or do i need some kind of polishing compound to get that shine on clear plastic?

Payment sent for 1x Copper triple, 2x Optics and US shipping

Will I'll update the 2nd post when i get to my laptop

I'm actually leaning toward the high-CRI 219B with blf17dd. I don't really need monster lumens, but I have been wanting to try something with both more lumens and CRI than the 5B1 XM-L2s I've been using. The more neutral tint is a nice bonus as well.