New: Noctigon Meteor M43 ; in production New color added: Tan

Maybe I want one Just for the fun..

Ooohh… better start selling some of my flashlights to get this one :heart_eyes:

Sell? Does not compute

25R, but I'm going to charge up some new HE4s to compare and then send along with the light since these 25Rs have seen a lot of use testing lights.

Are HE4 better than the HE2 based on your experience? I have the HE2. According to HKJ's 18650 comparator there is no improvement, actually having a slightly lower curve . But I wonder since a couple of reports say they get higher readings with HE4 than HE2 if I remember correctly.

I think they're very close. Most have said that in their lights they get a slight bump with the HE4s, but they probably weren't measuring brand new HE4s against brand new HE2s. Definitely not a huge jump in performance.

I’m confused… again.

I thought the XP-L emitters would be de-domed to fit the Carclo optics, you’re saying the XP-G2 emitters are de-domed? Why? The XP-G2 fit’s the optic, de-doming costs lumens and tint, so why have such huge losses in a 12 emitter light if it’s not completely necessary?

I'll answer your question with another question, to which the answer should be obvious: why do you dedome emitters in a reflector light?

Thanks for your thoughts on the light. I wouldn’t mind seeing a couple extra photos of the light, even in-hand for size reference and beside other lights for size comparison? :bigsmile: Pretty please?

Should be an obvious conclusion, BUT I haven’t found optics to perform similarly to reflectors when using the de-domed emitter. Optics are more regulated, the computer design much more able to optimize and control the profile of the beam, and these computer designs are based on the emitter having a dome.

And to further that, I seldom de-dome anymore due to the massive losses…both in output and color. IF a light is destined to be a genuine thrower, THEN it becomes a matter of necessity to steal the dome. Obviously this 12 emitter light cannot be a dedicated thrower, so in my perspective it’s worthless to remove the domes.

Point in fact, my recent 12 XP-E2 Showerhead light. Domes on, tight beam profile with very subdued spill. In reflectors. Very SMALL reflectors. And that brings us to point number 2… throwers by necessity have large diameter. I dare say a 10mm TIR in a triple optic just doesn’t fit that bill. This is the very reason I spent good money on some Khatod optics out of Canada to test that small TIR theory. The Khatod optics have small diameter TIR’s but each one is much deeper, more in line with the style of reflector we’re used to seeing in a thrower. With a reputed 10º viewing angle, they’re still unimpressive, giving a 20º realtime view. The Carclo’s can’t even do that. Domed or not.

73Kcd does not a thrower make. 645Kcd, oh hell yeah! 375Kcd, very respectable. Under a hundred? Flood light. Just the way it is. Y’all know I play with a lot of lights, and I like to make em as hot as I can manage. Out here in the country there are reasons to have different styles, for sure. But 6000 lumens in a 73Kcd beam profile is for close work chopping up the tree that blew over in the storm, not finding out if the coyote 400 yds away has a chicken in it’s mouth. The black cow having trouble calving can be easily seen with 300Kcd at 250-400 yds, not so with 73Kcd, I don’t care if it’s 6,000 or 14,000 lumens. (having both, and many in between, it’s amazing sometimes how close the drastically different numbers can be in real world situ’s)

Please don’t misunderstand what I’m saying, I’m sure this light is very impressive and it’s compact nature is the appeal to me in the first place, but throwy? A matter of perspective, certainly. Big open spaces eat a light alive. White sand vs dark green grass can be a major part of what is needed to see what your’e looking to see. So everyone will have a different need depending on the details of their own situation.

All this is, of course, simply my own observation of the 103 lights in my own stable. YMMV

(I’m on the list to review this one, so of course I’ll be getting beamshots at my standard 97 yds setting and will attempt my 610 yds setting. Will probably also do the football field and lake scenes. Even more interested now in seeing how that pans out.)

I'm gonna have to disagree. First off, nobody ever said that this was a thrower light, so I am not sure why you spent several paragraphs comparing it with throwers. All that was said was that for this style of light (short, TIR optic, multi-emitter light) this one throws well.

It is has been shown time and time again that dedoming an LED increases throw in TIR optics. For me, getting that extra reach in this light is more important than extra lumens. I used the two lights back-to-back (Mega M6 with 12xXP-G2 S3 3C, dome on, same Carclo 10507 optics) and even though it puts out more lumens, I prefer the beam profile of the dedomed emitters.

At the end of the day, this light is like that famous burger joint...you can have it your own way; the light is available with domed and dedomed optics, so you can get whatever you prefer (I think we know your preference already). I'm just saying that I know that I prefer the dedomed XP-G2s. Others will prefer the domed XP-G2. It just depends on what your preference and intended use is.

DBCstm, what the hell are you ranting about?
Check the the value of other pure flooders, not pure throwers.
TN36 22.4Kcd
Olight SR96 26.4Kcd
Nova MM15 19Kcd

That is why I was appreciating the 73Kcd value.

I still don't know how one manages to achieve massive output losses upon dedoming, all I ever measured were losses less than 10%. I may do my dedoming wrong, I guess.....

Totally wrong. I would agree with that and I want to do it your way.

Oh, thanks for sharing your impressions with us Richard.

Oh, somebody just sell me one will ya! :slight_smile:

I got a question. I don’t have any experience putting dedomed emitters under optics, so I don’t know how much light is lost. However, the first law of thermal dynamics would suggest that the lost light would be converted to extra heat. Is that your experience?

1200 lumens lost even IF it’s only a 10% loss.

+1,000,000

Oh come on!!! STILLL no more photos? How long does it take!!!

You can find some photos here: Noctigon Meteor M43 | Обзоры сверхмощных и поисковых фонарей