Noctigon Meteor M43 official sales and discussion thread

Also late to the party. The UI has always put me off from getting one. But I love the size. Only if the stone wash white was still available

May I know the reason you choose the 219B version? 219c and 219b have very similar beam pattern and tint, while the 219c is much brighter.

I must say that the M43 UI is much more simplier than how the manual shows and your imagination. You can choose one favorite UI and forget about the others, as for the fancy functions, you do not even need to spend time on that if you think it’s not useful for you.
So many customers finally report to us that they like the UI after some practice, which gives us constant confidence.

Main reason being I wanted 90+ CRI and I don’t own any 219B lights. Currently I have two 219C lights.

I went ahead and ordered the 219C 83CRI anyway (that was me that placed the order a few hours ago). The UI and thermal regulation in this type of light is a must have for me.

I agree that UI 3 is very intuitive after a little practice, and I’m one of the customers who has told Hank this. :slight_smile:

I set up my Meteors so that Mode 1 is low, Mode 2 is high, and Mode 3 is medium. This may seem counterintuitive, but read on.

• Single click turns the light on in low.
  • Double click moves to medium.
  • Double click again moves to high.

This cycle repeats indefinitely. You can use a ‘fast then long click’ to move backward.

At any time while the light is on, holding the switch activates Turbo until you let go and it returns to the mode you were in. This is one of my favorite features.

Once you get comfortable cycling through the three modes, you can learn the shortcuts to each mode from OFF if you want to.

When I hand a Meteor to a newbie I simply say, “Click once to turn on and off. Double click to change brightness.” My friend’s 5-year old can use it. :smiley:

If you are on the fence about buying a Meteor, buy one. You’ll love it.

BTW, I have a 219C and an XP-G2 S3 3D. I love them both, but I usually grab the Nichia. :wink:

I use U3 in my Nichia 219C Meteor and have it set-up just like goshdogit, very basic and simple to use. I have Mode 1 set at the lowest and I’m surprised how low it goes given 12 LEDs. I wish it had an additional mode in U3, but 3 is fine. And the instant access to turbo, even from off, is great! The flashlight has an impressive amount of power and handles the heat very well. And as a bonus, the lighted switch is very helpful to monitor the batteries and looks great at night.

What are the output levels in each mode?

I like the fact that in UI3, on whatever mode you are on except turbo, you are just a click and click and hold away from adjusting the level.

Seriously the best UI I have on any light. Easy and adjustable.

I have a modded Meteor with the 4000K 219C 90+CRI that Reylight was selling a while back, fantastic. My 3000K XPL HI 80 CRI is awesome and the “user” of my meteors. Below about 3500K,there is little blue light stimulation, and the warmer tints have less glare effect as well, so it tends to get the most use…

Thanks for the info, I had mine nearly a year and only used UI 1 so far and didn’t like the mode order. Now I set up UI 3 as you described and it is much better this way!

In UI3, there are three modes that are each customizable to whatever you’d like.

I programmed Mode 1 to be almost as low as the Meteor will go.

I programmed Mode 3 and Mode 2 to be equally spaced between Mode 1 and Turbo.

This creates four modes from ‘moonlight’ to Turbo.

Great! :+1:

I think UI3 is genius. I read the manual before my Meteors arrived and immediately set them to UI3 when they showed up.

Honestly, I’ve never even tried UI1 or UI2! :smiley:

How many lumens do you think that is?

I had put off getting one for about a year due to not liking the UI looking at it on “paper” but finally got one with the revised shell a few months ago and use UI3, it’s great, quite intuitive and a great light.
Don’t fear the UI :smiley:

It’s great to see you posting on BLF again. :slight_smile:

I have a Meteor too, and I like almost everything about it except the UI. I have it configured the same as goshdogit, which makes it okay-ish, but I rarely use it. To cover the whole range of ~1 lumen to ~8000 lm, it really needs more than 3 or 4 modes, and the ability to easily go up or down at any time. Tom E’s Narsil is much nicer (especially the ramping UI).

I could fix it, if the firmware was available for modification… but it’s not. So the Meteor mostly sits unused on a shelf as a reminder of the importance of mod-friendly design.

UI 3 is the only way to go. super simple when you figure it out. mine is setup exactly like you mentioned.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a way to measure output. I googled for a few minutes but couldn’t find an answer for you.

Here’s my super-unscientific ‘integrating cup’ comparison between the Meteor’s ‘low’ and a Zebralight SC62w on L1, rated at 3.4 lumens.

The Meteor appears just a little brighter, but considering it’s burning 12 LEDs I find it quite a respectable low mode. :wink:

Try post #160 in this thread.

Nice estimate! Unfortunately that’s brighter than I’d like.

[/quote]

I kinda assumed that, considering your signature. :wink:

The Meteor is a hot rod. You wouldn’t deliver milk in a Ferrari, would you? :smiley:

I really consider the Meteor a ‘must have’ for anyone who enjoys flashlights.

If you need moonlight, carry a Zebralight too. My SC62w goes down to 0.01 lumens, and it actually comes in handy sometimes.

I just got Meteor NW S4 3D and really like this tint.Anybody know what the actual CRI is?

Sounds like most here have Nichia versions,how would it compare to NW S4 3D ?