Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

We are close
Just four things on the general checklist
Springs
Ledboard lamination
Latest Narsil
Latest manual

Just store them in a not hot place :wink:

i probably missed the post…what was the recommended battery for this?

thanks!

> four things
All of them things we’d like to see completed slowly, carefully, and with attention to the result.

“There’s never time to do it right but always time to do it over” is NOT our motto, even though we redo a lot of flashlights.

Oh boy, what do I need to do with NarsilM? I should be able to catch up some over the next couple days.

Think I need to make a minor update to the manual. There are other proposed changes to NarsilM - some great ideas from TK, but don't think we should risk it now.

Not sure if we have one strong recommended cell. Important thing is button top or protruding flat top. The flat SANYO GA's work, but are the shortest cell to use. Depending on how the springs work out, may be ok, or prone to intermittent failure on jars, like on a bicycle. The 30Q button tops are great, or if you are up to it, solder blob flat tops, like the 30Q's or SONY VTC6's. Protected cells should work fine because they all have button tops.

There are deals goin on for 30Q button tops - US based or Int'l (M$D M$X). Threads on both.

:smiley:

If this light takes much longer I’ll be in the poorhouse! (but get it right folks!)

The post above reminded me that I was interested in the Meteor months ago and I just dropped the hammer on one with Richard. Definitely my most expensive light thus far. It was the Meteor over the Olight due to size.

You’ll love it! :+1:

Visit the Meteor thread to psych you up until it arrives.

I recommend UI 3, set up like I describe here.

Interested in one!

Just push the release date until it becomes an almost perfection while considering some limits (Humans live 70 years). Also group buying this in mid to end summer is not a wise option. Early autumn would be very good for group buy imo.

Tom Narsil is just on it but I think it is done, will check manual.

Looks like Aussies will have to pay GST now :frowning:

Hi,

also interested in getting this flash light, is it too late to get on the list ?

Welcome to BLF!
No not too late, will update list later!

That’s kind of an old light. I’ve heard they will be coming out with a newer design soon. That’s all I know, just rumors. Lol

I know the Meteor. But I never have seen these nice MCPCBs (http://intl-outdoor.com/noctigon-418650-meteor-m43-p-864.html). I would like to see this kind of PCB in the Q8!!!

If I understand correctly, the Noctigon boards were the inspiration for the Q8’s nice thick copper PCB. It may not be red, but it’s functionally the same thing (only parallel).

No, it was not the inspiration, but the intention of both flashlights is the same so you end up with a comparable solution :slight_smile:

As i understand it will be a totally different light , it wont replace m43 .

Can somebody measure a Meteor ledboard?
I think it is basically the same idea, a nice fat copper DTP slab, right?

Might be old but I can’t think of anything that offers the same performance without the price going significantly higher.

Output isn’t it’s main advantage , at least for me .

It’s size is SMALL ! 7.5k lumens stock or even 12-13k from a modded one it’s the real deal :sunglasses: