BLF Ti - post your pics and specs

@JohnnyMac. What is the spring you refer too?

These are all the bits I got with mine. Should there have been an extra spring?

that looks just like mine, except for the black rubber boot... which is missing in my package

There isn’t supposed to be a spring as Rey eliminated it from the light after I determined it to be the cause of an issue with the prototype. You should be good to go. :wink:

Ah! The epoxy. Man, what a night. Barely had any time, the mod was going well, I filled down the plastic waste on the side of the optic, unfortunately not enough. The optic caught and ripped the dome off a Nichia.

So I desoldered and dismantled the triple. I got the dead LED off but couldn’t get enough heat to reflow a new one on. So on to the stove. Things were slow (different stove and pan), then got hot. Burnt my finger and dropped the board, scattering the gold jumpers. Sigh. Got it back, but over did it and a black goo came out. So, cleaned it off, used solder to jumper it back, and it works.

Eureka.

Got my new trits installed the other night. Only some iPhone pics this far:

A few more pictures of my Ti, still have another to build!

!!

!!

!!

!!

!!

!!

!!

Nice with the heat treatment!

For what battery was it necessary to have the switch-section sticking out a bit? Or do you like it like that?

I like it like that, I don’t tail stand many lights so that’s not a problem for me, just seems easier to press like that!

Is the size of tritium vials?
I thought that I served at home but no. It is thicker.

1.5x6mm

Thanks!

Note: my switch is ghosting again. It’s garbage. Too bad, it’s nice and quiet with a good soft feel. After building the host, I quite like it. Nice touches overall (trits, detailing on the body,metal button with trit, nice looking clip on short form ).

Im sure after upgrading the switch it will be excellent.

Richard has the Omten mini’s.

Ha yah! Ghost light!

Can’t upgrade the switch at this time. Waiting for upgrade kits from Rey, otherwise, the switch is a self contained unit that is not serviceable. Maybe a little alcohol or deoxit run through it would help.

What 18650s are you guys using? Most of mine don’t fit (too fat or too long ).

flat top, without protection. The tail PCB requires another wrap. Will be too fat to fit in.

Samsung 25R’s, think I’ve also used an Efest 3100 IMR too.

EDIT: Efest doesn’t fit well, is a little too wide for the tube.

Yeah? My Efest 3100 imr (purple ) was to fat.

I’ll try it again tonight. Maybe I got confused/forgetful, as I mostly use 25R’s in almost all my 18650 lights.