BLF Kronos X6/X5 GB - Group Buy now closed.

emarkd, don’t worry about it, honestly it is my mistake for answering the wrong question you did not ask, but that seemed to be hanging in the thread.

DBCustom, you have an exceptional personality, a recognizable tolerance for others, and I see this virtue as well in the posts of the other organizers. You guys are made of ducks backs, and IMO are leading as wonderful examples of how to behave: that is, excellently. It would be a much better Internet if everyone was as enlightened with the fine quality of being patient, gracious and non-judgmental on a forum of anonymous members. Way to be! I applaud your diplomacy and your monster-truck force of restraint from making fun or namecalling. Its fantastic. I dig that.

Have I mentioned that I love the X6?

Cu X5, Cu X6, SS X6, SS/Cu X6, X6 SBT-70, Ti X6 Quad Nichia 219C in pic one above. The full copper X6 has the Nichia NSVU333A UV as pictured, with a large additional cu heatsink and an aluminum “reflector” as made by me to help focus the UV light. As it happens, I was trying for a full flood but instead I get a square die image hot spot like an aspheric with a nice spill. Sometimes things don’t quite go as planned. lol

I also have an EE X6 MT-G2 with TIR optic, Triple Shorty X6 with HI emitters, Quad X6 with HI emitters and Triple X6 that was the Guinea Pig for the testing on the X6 group buy. And there are 4 brand new X6’s awaiting the LAB, with 3 more on the way. The SS/Cu X6 from this Group Buy, pictured above, is my Dad’s now, along with the sample box behind those pictured.

I try to get unbranded hosts for my experimentation with the X6, then I engrave on the flats what I did to it. This one says SBT-70 and Fraen-Cu W/TK on the other side, as it has a Fraen reflector with the large copper sink and a Wight FET+1 driver with TK’s firmware. By engraving my X6’s, I don’t forget which is which. :slight_smile:

Edit: Just realized 2 of my highest amperage single cell lights are in that group, the 6 of those are doing 59Amps collectively. The Ti X6 at 21.1A and the SBT-70 X6 at 17A are beasts to be sure, even the little Cu X5 Quad is doing 11A.

Now that’s a collection! All copper, all stainless, SS/Cu, all aluminum with custom engraving, and all titanium! Looks like you’ve got an ‘X6 periodic table’ going there. The only flashlight metal missing from the lineup is brass.

None of those are going to get flung out the car window going 60mph, no way no how.

That's bloody awesome. I don't remember reading about the titanium version, very cool.

That one SS/Cu X6 has the coating on the copper portion, correct? Looks to be holding up quite well, does it see much use?

The Ti version is from Rey's host group buy. The host of that one light alone cost more than a complete and functioning SS/Cu set

Nice set but I’m guessing I enjoy my woody more. :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

That looks so damned sweet!!

I was half-asleep when I first took a quick look - almost thought I was looking at a toilet plunger…lol. I guess it’s time for me to go to bed.

Now that I have my bearings a bit, that’s a nice looking X6!

Yeah, the Ti X6 was definitely not a budget special. It actually cost the same as BOTH sets of this group buy with the box thrown in. And THEN I bought all the Tritium vials for it. Yes, that’s right, it was $150 for the host, and then putting it completely together added about another $200. I got SO into doing that, got it done, it’s beautiful in semi-lighted or dark conditions, and I started to wonder…WHY? Tritium vials are neat, no doubt, and to have one glowing in the tail switch button so you can easily find the light is a great idea. 10 more, bigger, around the head for a show? I got sucked in, all there is to it. CPF shows a lot of custom Ti lights with Trits galore and they look sooooo nice… what a waste of monies though, really. A little easier to see why some of those custom Ti lights sell for $2000 and more, with 30+ trit vials embedded all over em.

So I found a holster that fit the beautiful Ti Tritted-Out Quad Nichia 219C X6 and started wearing a belt every day so I could carry it, to help justify it. Then this little sample Cu X5 came along and the pretty light turned into a nightstand glow worm.

Such is life.

The full copper X6 with it’s potent UV emitter is being used to set Trit vials, the strong UV quickly solidifies the UV activated Norland Optical Adhesive… in other people’s lights! Not spending THAT kind of money anymore. This spring I intend to try my hand at Macro UV Photography, close-ups of flowers and bugs and stuff as seen from a different perspective.

And to answer the question, no, the SS/Cu X6 has not been seeing much use… Dad’s shown it around to all his Domino buddies and it pretty much now resides on his dresser, glowing away inside the box. :wink:

When that full Cu X6 came to me, it was accompanied by the SS/Cu X6 and an aluminum X5 (K5) I knew right away that there was some serious confusion, as the copper X6 was sporting a SS finned pill section! They had taken the copper pill from the full copper light and switched it onto the SS light, realizing the SS light was not supposed to be ALL stainless. lol If I remember correctly, the copper light was very incomplete, no reflector, no orings, no tail rubber button or switch… they found it was being made incorrectly and pulled it. I’ve got bunches of spare X6 parts, so this was not a problem. :wink: (For the record, don’t use AR coated lenses above a UV emitter….the coatings block a significant amount of the UV light!)

Of course, I rectified that issue immediately and got the copper X6 back together which left a full stainless X6 as well, a second mistake. It’s very difficult to convey English to Chinese and then get them to understand at the shop level what the target goal is. But they finally managed. :slight_smile: Neal (Banggood) is very persistent, even if a bit too eager at times. After all, he’s one of us! A true flashaholic at heart himself.

Dale, that is one awesome X6/X5 collection you have going there!

WOW DALE! Beautiful lights and awesome pictures!

I noticed that small “dot” on the black one under the cooling fins… I looks like it’s there on purpose. Could you explain a little bit?

I’ll search some of my X6-pics to join the special X6-picture-party, if you don’t mind. But my X6’s are far less exotic in terms of material and LEDs…

The small dot is an embedded tritium vial. Shows me where the light is in total darkness. My primary X6 Triple has 4, so it can be seen from any angle.

Thanks for your explanation. Makes sense to me now. :slight_smile:

Sounds like it needs a lighted tailcap…. :wink:

Amazing flashlight!

Count me in please for a set BLF Limited Edition X6-SE v2 Al & BLF Limited Edition X5 Al

1) Aluminum: Al
2) Tint: NW
3) Quantities: 1

Many thanks!

Edit: 1st post and 1st Buy @ BLF ever. I’m very desirous about these two lights, they look just perfect!

Just wait. We are waiting on a shipment but the AL version of this X6 will be able to do something that no other X6 can, not even the SS X6. The X5 speaks for itself as it is. Again...just waiting on shipment to arrive before we give too many details.

This has been hinted at a few times throughout the past couple of weeks and now its been clearly stated. I’d love to hear what the al light is getting that the cu/ss light won’t have. Come on, I’m really trying to not buy both sets here guys :slight_smile:

Can I add the box option to my SS/Cu?

Please put me down for an aluminum set too. Nw please