Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

Those digital camo ones look pretty good. I still like the desert camo best but those look better than the older style jungle camo IMO. I have a question on the Niwalker holster. is the hole in the bottom big enough to allow the tactical ring to slip through in the double cell setup? Looks like it would be tight if it fits through at all. I realize it would be a snag point but I’m just curious if it fits through. There’s always the simple ring if not but I’ve really grown to like the tac-ring.

Bottom hole is tight for 26650 cell tubes in general (wider ones may not fit), so the cigar grip ring-thing would not fit for sure.

Gotcha. Thanks.

No, the LD-25 is a single cell driver.

Sadly, no. Something will most likely go poof! The only way to run it like that safely is with one live cell and some sort of dummy cell to bridge the gap but not increase the voltage. I can tell you that I did run first (LD25) L2 with the extension tube and two 26650 cells for a few minutes once on accident and nothing happened but I would not recommend anyone try that. From everything I understand I just got lucky that I didn’t fry it and I only ran it for a few minutes that way. The reason for the switch to the LD29 in the second run is so that it’s one of the few drivers setup to run in both a1 cell or 2 cell configuration. If you’re up for doing a driver swap you can buy the LD29 driver pretty cheap from Simons Convoy store or at Mountain Electronics if you’re in the US.

Edit: Man I type way too slow. I see thijsco19 beat me to it while I was talking too much again. :stuck_out_tongue:
Edit again: >:/ I forgot the first run has a 17mm driver shelf so the LD29 is not an option. Plenty of 17mm drivers out there though. :/

This is a very good buck driver which has a higher output then the standaard LD25/29 driver and can be fully customized.

Hey thanks for posting that! I totally missed it until just now. I just skimmed through it right now but I’ll watch the whole thing later. I don’t know if it was just my computer or what but once you got to night time and the beam shots the volume drops to almost nothing so I couldn’t hear what you were saying. I’m hoping that won’t be the case when I watch it at home. Much better speakers there so I can crank it up a bit. :beer:

Hi all,

my L2 (new modell from banggood, one cell model with XP-L hi) came today from China and after taking a closer look the spring on the driver side seemed loose and came right of after touching it once, seems they added only a little drop of solder on one corner to connect the spring to the driver… china quality and QA sight so I´m going to do some soldering tonight, I thought about bypassing the spring with some desoldering braid while i´m on it, does this make any sense with this modell/driver or doesn´t it have any effect?

Sorry I´m new to modding…

Thanks,
K.

That’s a bit disappointing. If you have the single cell model with no extension tube that’s from the first batch with the LD25 driver. Does it have the block style knurling? I didn’t know they still had any though I haven’t really looked. Could you post a picture showing where the driver spring fell off? If you can solder I suppose it’s not a deal breaker but I would still like to report it back to Simon and show him a picture if possible.

Hi,

I ordered this model exactly:
Banggood

is than an outdated version of the L2 ?!?

Here are a few quick phone images:

CU,
K.

that is clearly not the right spring size for that driver

That is the previous model, without extension tube and not valid for 2 batteries

Well, technically it’s like the 2nd or 3rd model/generation, and now the latest is like the 3rd or 4th.

you’re right, edited :blush:

Excuse me sir but that is the second generation. The third generation is the one currently being sold. The fourth isn’t due out until next week with the fifth not due until April. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did I miss something? fourth generation for next week?

Fourth and fifth generation, what’s changing?

Not that I would’ve waited as I’m happy with my 3rd generation light.

I’m guessing he’s joking… but then again, it’s Convoy… who knows!? :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL. Sorry, I was just having a bit of fun and messing with PilotDog. I know the model naming is a bit confusing. I’ll try to work with Simon on addressing that at some point but one step at a time. There is no new version of the L2 coming out anytime soon. The first L6 sample will be in Simon’s hands soon though. Just be thankful the L6 wasn’t just referred to as the bigger L2 with the side switch and an XHP70! :wink: The next thing to happen to the L2 will probably be the clear anodized version. Oh and Simon is having brass ring adapters made to use a 17mm driver in the larger driver cavity of the current L2 hosts. 17mm drivers seem much more common and I’ve seen a few people mention trying to find an adapter that would fit under the driver retaining ring so I asked Simon to make some. I’ll let you guys know when it’s available.

I wouldn’t call it outdated but yeah it is one version back. The only real difference is the 1 or 2 cell option included in the new model. If you wanted a 2 cell configuration Simon sells the 2 cell tube with two different knurling styles but it would require a different driver. Your driver only supports a single cell. That’s a sloppy solder job on that spring and I agree with PilotDog that the spring looks a little big (diameter-wise) for the driver. I’ll take a look inside mine this weekend and see if that’s a different spring. Yours looks a bit chewed up on the inside too. Was that your doing or did it arrive like that?