GB Interest ///OFFICIALLY CLOSED 11/8 @ 9pm CST/Maxtoch M24 Sniper with XP-L HI /// 250K lux @ 4.3 Amps!!!

Huh, missed that. It does look like the same build, or at least something very close. Only real difference is the price.

Amanda from Maxtoch tells me it is the same torch, same amps - still an awesome price for this class of performer.

Just received mine from RMM. Tried it out tonight and it is one serious piece of equipment at a great price. Thanks to Robo, Amanda and all involved with making this upgraded Sniper happen.

Was glad to do it and glad you like the light also.

The high amp version Richard has IS the same light that was in the GB, Richard ordered 20 of them and just had the regular logo put on the tube is the only difference

Well I finally got around to putting a dedomed XM-L2 U4 1C emitter in one of the 2 lights I had from this GB.

I must say that it is an improvement even though I thought it was great to begin with. I don’t have the equipment to measure lumens and such, but mudgripz had said him and gadgetman got 306K lux with the simple emitter swap to the dedomed U4 in their test so I am guessing mine is pretty close to the same.

Here are the comparison beamshots, even though it was just a little misty, they give a good idea of the difference in the XP-L HI and the dedomed XM-L2 U4 1C in this light.

Original//Gate 100yds

Modded With U4//Gate 100yds

Original//175yds

Modded with U4//175yds

Original//400yds

Modded With U4//400yds

Original//Enlarged 400yds

Modded with U4//Enlarged 400yds

Original Left///Modded with U4 right

Great pics David…

The XPL-HI domeless is a very useful led but it is by no means the top performer. In our tests (and others as well) it’s about the equivalent in output to the earlier XML2-U2. The U3 and latest U4 are significantly ahead of it as your photos illustrate very well. You can see quite alot more light power on target, and the warmer old school halogen tint of the dedomed U4 gives much better object clarity and colour definition at medium to long range. In lux tests the original BLF TE light with its XPL-HI recorded an impressive 249k lux at 6m = 250+ at 10m. By comparison the same torch with a dedomed U4 from MTN read 300-306k lux.

I rate the BLF light with a U4 added as about the best hunter light I have ever seen - huge light output, daylight on target at hundreds of meters, and ability to throw light on hills at over 1200 yards, and still 75 mins runtime with pana 3400s. Superb beam balance - long throw plus spill. And just 270gms and about $70 or so. I believe Richard at Mtn electronics still has some of these BLF specials. He can pop U4s in them for those who are interested.

Of course many will be very happy with the original XPL-HI at 250k lux with white tint. It is great to have such choices with the light…

I mention above that the BLF M24 with U4 is “about the best hunter light I have ever seen”………but this may be about to change. :smiley: We have been field testing for ideal setup for a new model Maxtoch with alot higher output again. David will be announcing details for an extremely powerful new Maxtoch model and do initial review before too long….Watch this space! :smiley: :smiley:

(Note - our lux results appear consistent with Maxtoch factory readings, but should be considered as +/- 4%.)

While I appreciate the fact that hunters might prefer the greenish tint of the dedomed U4, I much prefer the cleaner white of the original XPL-HI domeless.

That’s the reason I traded in my Olight M3XS-UT for the BLF M24 TE Sniper.

I wouldn’t mind the additional lux, though! :heart_eyes:

…Resistance is futile…You guys have me hooked. Please go ahead and put me down for one! :slight_smile:

Will this new light have an xhp35 hi? I have been wanting to get one of the BLF M24s from Richard but if this new light will out do it with more lumens and lux for around the same price then I will wait and get the new one.

here is a link to the comparison beamshots with the XP-L HI and the Dedomed Xm-L2 U4 in a slideshow on youtube for easier viewing.

Final factory specification not available yet. David will announce all details when he has them. Not xhp35 hi.

The Blf light with U4 is a brilliant hunter at 300k lux. The new light will be 350-370k but to be honest they are both amazing.

As we’ve worked on light development specifically for hunting we found about 150k lux was an important threshold - lights with this output could do anything within normal nite shooting range. Now as hunting mates and I trial these new lights we are of the view there is another threshold at about 300k lux. At 300 to 370k the tweaked earlier 2Xs, the new BLF with U4, and the new Maxtoch model all have huge range - 1200-1300 yards - and stumping amount of light out to hundreds of yards in clear conditions. Feel more like searchlights…

Have tested both the BLF with U4 and new 2X at 370k and my choice is clear. I want both.

Mudgripz any word on the new light?

Hay Tac, mudgripz asked me if I could answer any questions here in BLF about the 2X.

Right now it looks like there is still questions about the switch and the emitter in the 2X prototype. Maxtoch is working on this at the moment and hopefully we will know something soon as to the direction everything will be taking with the new 2X.

More lumen and throw ?

I`m in.

Gerrit, If I remember didn’t you get one of the M24’s I did the GB on?

If so, imagine that light with another 50 to 70K lux and a more neutral or natural tint, and bigger head.

Oh yea if it goes through, more throw for sure.

EDIT: Actually the 2X will have another 100K lux more. I forgot I put the dedomed U4 emitter in one of my M24’s from the GB ,which brought it up to around 300K lux. The GB light is at 250K lux and the 2X that is wanted , will be doing around 350K lux.

Hello David,

Yes, I have the m24 TE and it’s great.

I also have the M24 stock and the 2X with the larger head.

I love MAXTOCH

Thanks for the update. I’m looking to buy a new thrower in the next couple of months and I feel like this is worth waiting for. Is there any specs you could tease us with? Or maybe a new thread so we don’t cluster this one up?

OOOOOH ME WANT IN ON 2X GB!!!

Right now I have stated all I can without it being speculation. If I get any updates I will post them here and if the 2X does get the OK to go into production with the specs that are being sought after, I am sure there will be a new thread pop up for it. :slight_smile:

Sounds good, thanks!