Waiting for the light to turn green - Green Convoy S2+

Thanks for posting that pic, I couldn’t get it to work on my phone.

Keltex, if you want to work your magic there is a pic of the light in this thread with a black clip and switch SWM V10R Sand Finish | Candle Power Flashlight Forum (That thread is actually talking about the poor quality of the anodizing)

It was the natural version which is a lighter sand color, not as dark as the real sand but also very nice.
Real sand color can sometimes look goldish and not military like but it depends on the manufactor.
Some are nice and some look a bit cheesy like gold. I guess its important to have a matte look and not the typical
more glossy look of anodized flashlights.

Here’s the pic you mentioned:

Although, in different light, that finish does look more gold and less brown than I like:

I’m thinking for the brown, a custom Cerakote or similar type of finish may give us a better option than an anodization. See n10sivern’s pics using Magpul FDE in his WTS thread here:

I think we are all pretty much on the same page with the kind of colour we like in the sand/tan/coyote/fde range.

The second image I mentioned with the anodizing problems is too gold, I can’t remember if it was that thread or another that mentioned the colour had changed from early versions in addition to having the dirty appearance that was being discussed.

I thought this was a thread about a green S2+ in the early development stage. :~ Just sayin…

Did someone say pocket clip in black? :heart_eyes:

The standard stainless is still not being produced but yeah a black version does sound cool…

It's kind of hard to make aluminum exactly into "standard stainless" color, at least with standard anodized finish.

I've had the dark brown variation for a while. It looked black when I unpacked it but I thought the instructions said to disassemble, wash and oven the metal parts for a while. Somehow the tail cap got a different color from the tube and head sections, so maybe the cap should be screwed onto the tube for treatment to even out temperatures. It's slightly gold under bright light but less than most oven modified examples seen on the forum.

I have remained quiet about this, but just waiting for this to happen before I get one more S2+ host to build a UV flashlight. I wouldn't even mind if this was only available with the short tube. ;)

Regarding the “standard stainless” I was referring to the upcoming clip, not the light. Nobody outside of Hogwarts can turn aluminum into stainess as far as I know. As far as oven baking black anodized components into different colors. I admire the brave but I’m not going down that road right now.

Oh, I see now how obvious that was. I wasn't thinking straight yesterday.

Oven baking some of the other new colors might be interesting. However, I'm probably not doing that either unless someone achieves nice results. A very slight change is all I have in mind for the red, blue or green. Nothing as dramatic as turning the black into brass color or even dark brown. I wonder how the green would look like after a very slight heat treatment.

No worries. I don’t think I’m brave enough to try it myself but if you are then by all means please post pictures of the results. Unless the results are terrible of course. No pictures necessary if they look terrible. :wink:

I tried baking a a light-blue anodized light and wasn’t happy with the results. There was no major change; the existing blue color just faded slightly.

Any update to this? I’d still like a green S2+.

I ordered a couple of screw on clips from mtn and they fit the Convoy s2+ and the Jaxman u1 just fine. I can’t stand the removable clips because of the tabs that stick out.

Let me guess… you have a green emitter waiting to go in this one? :wink: Love the blue blue you did. Sorry, but there is no update yet. I think they are being produced now the last I heard from Simon. I’ll ask him for an update.

Not sure if that has been mentioned, but make yellow one too, so we can lego rasta-themed S2+ :D!

Just my opinion but the green in the S2 posted is too "minty" looking. Compared to the rich red and deep blue of the other two colored S2, this green is a huge letdown. Needs to be a rich emerald green to be the same type of hue as the other colored versions.

Thats just a flashlight and lets wait for first production sample to be reviewed/compared side by side with red and blue ones ;)!

Perhaps its just lighting?