Waiting for the light to turn green - Green Convoy S2+

It might be my screen, but this colour seems a little Christmassy.

I would prefer a darker flat green. If convoy did an S2+ or M2 in a sand colour like the V10r I would be interested. Perhaps a BLF-SE in sand :wink:

If this one doesn’t sell well, I doubt Simon will want to do another batch of any green. If it does sell well, he probably won’t want to mess with success and change the hue.

So this is probably the only chance at a green S2+ :stuck_out_tongue:

So the next colour can be sand/tan :bigsmile:

Something darker this way comes…

I agree that the first green sample is too light a shade of green and yeah it’s a little too “Christmasy”. I still like it but darker would be better. Simon has sent a request to his manufacturer to make a new sample in a darker green. New pics will be posted as soon as I get them.

I stand corrected! I guess I assumed the picture was the final production version, not an evaluation sample.

I was pretty sure it was too but when I told him several people were commenting that they wish it was a little darker he replied that the pic was just a production sample and that he would ask them to make it a little darker. I’ve been working pretty closely with him on a couple things and he’s taking our advice. The new deep carry clip design is coming along nicely. :slight_smile:

Would it be odd to ask that full 18350 S2+ Red/Green/Blue are listed for sale, instead of having the 18350 tube separate?

I had asked Simon that very question and he said I couldn’t purchase one full mini light, but he didn’t say anything about the future.

I’m fairly certain that it’s because he sold very few of the shorties when he offered the 18350 host last time. I’m just happy we convinced him to make the 18350 tubes for the red and blue. Considering that it’s only $2.95 for the extra tube I’m thrilled. Yes, I know there’s a minimum quantity of 2 but you can mix and match one red and one blue and if the green version has decent sales I’m certain we can talk him into a short green tube. The deep carry clip is going to be AWESOME and it will fit both the standard and short versions of the S2+ and a few other models. I’ve had the privilege of actually helping Simon design the new clip so I am extra excited about it. :bigsmile: Yeah I know it’s just a clip but it’s nice to be able to contribute in some small way to BLF other than being able to help “pep talk” Simon into a few things we’ve all asked for. I don’t have any modding skills but I’ve been a CAD designer since the early days so this is fun! :beer:

After a few tweaks and revisions this is where we ended up with the new clip design. Let me know your thoughts. It will fit the standard and short S2+ and possibly a few others. 8)

The arms which clip onto the light look narrow. Still holds on very well? I’m guessing you make up for narrowness by increasing the thickness of the sheet metal?

I agree. They do look narrow…but I have clips of similar design which are surprisingly strong and yes the thickness of the sheet metal is a huge factor as is the quality of the steel and how it is formed and…well anyway I don’t actually have one yet since they have just crossed from the design stage to manufacturing. Once Simon has a few samples I’ll report back.

You can get something similar by cooking black anodizing at different temperatures.

I dont like the green version, i would love to see a zombie green one similar to the 4sevens preon “toxic green”. Orange would be also really nice and a sand color version with black metal button. I received the blue version today and its pretty nice! For that amount of money it really is nice quality. I would wish a black metal button for the grey version, that would look elegant. Dont know if its possible to coat the metal button black

Well thank you Mr. Buzzkill. :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though I knew green wouldn’t be everyone’s favorite. I must say a sand colored S2+ with a black metal button would look awesome and I would have to have one. I think I even agree with you on the grey with black button. Elegant indeed. :beer:

Yes, if you want to sell flashlights you have to make something different than the usual market. Black or red flashlights are everywhere but i would buy a sand colored S2+ just because of the color :stuck_out_tongue: Gives it a slight army or outdoor look. A black metal button would underline that look. I know that convoy is able to produce a lot of different colors because i saw convoy S3 lights in blaze orange etc… Nice color as well

Looks like quite a few of us want a sand or tan colour. Do people like the colour of the V10R or have some other examples? It might be good to be able to give Simon a starting point.

Then to convince him it needs a triple and a BLF SE etching :wink:

I’d rather see a tan color in an S8 or S6 instead of the S2+

I need one to match the “Dark Earth” finish on my AR:

If we could get one in that tone with the super-matte finish that my Convoy S3 has, I would definitely buy one. Might likely become my new EDC…

Yeah that S6 seems to be a nice EDC light. The truth is im not a convoy expert, the S2+ is my first convoy and also my first low budget light. The rest of my lights are Olights, nitecores, sunwaymans, jetbeams, Thrunites etc… So can you explain to me why the S2+ model in particular is so popular? I googled a bit and convoy has a bunch of nearly similar lights like the S3, S2, S6,S2+. For example the S3 is pretty similar but it has a SS bezel, so why not the S3?