Waiting for the light to turn green - Green Convoy S2+

I love super matte finish lights like armytek or zebralights are also more on the matte side. That looks like quality

The newer S3 has an integrated shelf instead of a pill, making it less suitable for triples and easy modding. The S6 is a great light, but in stock form, is said to not take protected cells. The S2/S2+ is a nice compromise which does take the protected cells, and has a removeable brass pill. I do prefer the aesthetics of both the S3 and S6 though…

Aahh, thanks for the explanation. That means i can also order the S3 because im not a modder. If the S6 feature a low voltage warning it would be ok but i prefer protected cells i have to say. I think the S3 is already available in a bright orange, maybe i order that one if the S2+ dosnt come in orange.

I might be wrong, but I get the feeling that one of the benefits of keeping the S2+ as the sand model is that a number of people now treat the S2+ colours as a collectible. I’d like to see the M1 or M2 as the sand colour if something other than the S2+ was chosen. Then again if the right sand/tan/coyote colour is used it might be popular enough to offer it for most of the Convoys.

The dark earth on that AR is nice. Would that kind of colour be achievable with the current kind of anodizing that Convoy uses?

That sand color looks really nice! I would definitely EDC a convoy S2+ in that color.

+1 Very VERY Nice

I would like the tan/sand color as well… A bright color such as orange or neon yellow would be good too for a high vis light (when its off…lol).

I am looking forward to seeing the new green, perhaps a pic next to the other colors to help gauge the depth of color. Green can vary as much as anything else…

I have never seen a Convoy in blaze orange but that would be cool. I like the tan/black button combo even better though IMO that would work better on the M1 or L4 since that’s a design that would actually work beatifully mounted on a rifle and is more of a true tactical light. I like the idea though and I agree with you about creating something unique. :beer:

correct, i thought it was orange in that russian video because of the bad lighting. It must be gold that looks a bit like bright orange under bad lighting
as you can see at minute 0:51

I dont think a sand color will only fit larger lights like the M1 or L4. A small EDC light in a tan/sand color would also be nice, i think sunwayman made small EDC tan colored lights in the past. A matte finish with black metal parts would look interesting.

I found a photo made by selfbuild

Oh I’m not arguing that it would look cool on the S2+ as well. Especially if we could get Simon to Make it with a black button and a black version of the new clip! Pure awesomeness. I like this one you linked the picture to by the way. Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket
Good color example for Simon.

Too light… Make it a little darker tan/brownish… 8)

Is that sand or natural? On my screen it looks like it’s closer to their natural colour.
Tomorrow when I’m not on my phone I’ll try to find a pic of the V10R that I mentioned earlier.

In the meantime this link shows the sand version but I can’t embed the pic.
http://www.opticsplanet.com/sunwayman-v10r-variable-magnetic-control-flashlight.html

YES! This is very nice!

Thanks for posting that pic, I couldn’t get it to work on my phone.

Keltex, if you want to work your magic there is a pic of the light in this thread with a black clip and switch SWM V10R Sand Finish | Candle Power Flashlight Forum (That thread is actually talking about the poor quality of the anodizing)

It was the natural version which is a lighter sand color, not as dark as the real sand but also very nice.
Real sand color can sometimes look goldish and not military like but it depends on the manufactor.
Some are nice and some look a bit cheesy like gold. I guess its important to have a matte look and not the typical
more glossy look of anodized flashlights.

Here’s the pic you mentioned:

Although, in different light, that finish does look more gold and less brown than I like:

I’m thinking for the brown, a custom Cerakote or similar type of finish may give us a better option than an anodization. See n10sivern’s pics using Magpul FDE in his WTS thread here:

I think we are all pretty much on the same page with the kind of colour we like in the sand/tan/coyote/fde range.

The second image I mentioned with the anodizing problems is too gold, I can’t remember if it was that thread or another that mentioned the colour had changed from early versions in addition to having the dirty appearance that was being discussed.

I thought this was a thread about a green S2+ in the early development stage. :~ Just sayin…

Did someone say pocket clip in black? :heart_eyes: