Q8, PMS SEND TO THOSE WITH ISSUES BLF soda can light

At least get some springs in tester’s hands before approving if they’re using a design we’re not fully familiar with. I think TF can be relied on to solder them in place well enough :wink:

Narsil should update OK, seems to work smoother than silk. Dam# fine job w/ Narsil :crown:
TF can ‘torture test’ the new board for heat delamination as well as anyone- just make sure they do that.

Yep. looks like the waiting will soon be over so we can overcome the darkness during the upcoming solar eclipse :stuck_out_tongue:
Phil

My associates and I like to eat poached eggs on english muffins for breakfast.

You could say we’re friends with benedicts.

Okay, that was bad. Moving on.

Maybe with enough people in the Q8 group buy, we can cancel the eclipse!

… or not: Laser Pointer

It should be a fun event regardless. I hear Wyoming is expecting its population to double overnight, and is totally unprepared for that.

Now there’s a useful icon

“What if we tried more power?” could be the official BLF theme song!

Hey, TK, waddaya think? Is there a possibility you could… you know… come up with something? :wink:

Hmm that pic
First thought, mail the maker, ask for permission and try to get it inside the tailcap of a BLF special as Easter egg :smiley:

You’re right. That’s a very useful icon. It’s basically the BLF motto. To the untrained eye, pretty much every post here looks just like this:

Who wants to claim the avatar? :slight_smile:

Are you really really sure we can’t modify the Q8 silkscreen a little before release?
I’d still love to see this on the production units:

Please? :smiley:

Grabbing the more power avatar, XKCD is one of my favorite things.

Honestly XKCD 1603 is part of what got me looking into flashlights as a hobby/obsession.

EDIT: just saw the DBZ joke in your mocked up BLF post there TK, love it

Well done!

We’re in official waiting on word from Thorfire mode, right? So can I ask two unrelated questions.

I have 4 wheels/tires sitting in the garage I really need to sell. They’re 18x8 OZ ITalia racing wheels that fit the 2016 VW Golf Sportwagen and have 4 Contintental Extreme Contact Pro DWS tires on them, with about 16,000 miles on board. Clean, mild wear and
tear on the edges of the rims as a daily diver (the wife drove the car, bumped a curb or two and got aptly raged on). I paid a bit over $1600 for these, would like them out of the garage for half that, is that reasonable? I know nothing about using craigs list or whatever, was wondering if one of the loal tire shops you see all over the place might do this for me or are they something to avoid?

2nd question. A humor test, I’m sitting here with too much time on my hands right? So, I was thinking… you know those little ghecko lizards that are always hanging out around the front porch light looking for food? If you try to catch em they kinda eject their tail which then spend the next 10 minutes or so twitchin and wiggling (trying to get away), with me so far? What if I wait til my daughter and maybe sister get here, and my mom’s sister, and then while everyone is talking I quietly go out and catch a ghecko ot two and help myself to those ever twitching tails… a dab of superglue to affix the base of these tails right at the center of the big scar in my neck and I’d be ready to sit back down at the table like someone who’s clueless. How much fun would it be when the womenfolk see those tails coming out of the scar twitching and carrying on to beat Dixie? (Should I pefect my “Cat that ate the canary” look? ) :smiley:

Ok, back to waitng for news…

I like the ghecko tail idea. :+1: . You might want to revisit the Superglue directly on the incision part however. :smiley:

It’s my understanding that superglue was developed during the Korean War to be used as an alternative to stitches. I’ve used it a number of times to patch up my hide when the sharp objects don’t cooperate with me. A doctor friend said I did a good job with it when I tore my knuckle open tightening a bolt, slipping and driving my hand onto a particularly jagged piece of sheetmetal.

I like the tail idea. Wiggle away!

Haha a bit tricky for these little lizards are fast here, so be careful Dale

I’m thinking your family would find that far less funny than you would, Dale.

You saying Dale’s family has no humor…lollol?

My sis would vomit, my aunt would probably have a coronary and my wife would hit me. (maybe not actually physically while I’m still on the injured list but be disgusted at my sense of humor enough to save it for better times, then she’d bop me while I laughed my arse off)

My daughter would gross out but find some humor in it, my son-in -law would want to help me catch lizards, my sis-in law would roll around and the ground laughing hysterically and wonder why she never thought of it with her ame scar… My brother wouldn’r really find it funny unless I could show the rest of the lizard in my mouth or something. Hard sale, that one.

I am interested, although $800 is a bit over my budget right now. Do you think if I bought one tire, and installed that one tire on my VW Golf, would it be ok? Would it be safe to drive with one tire. I like to drive it hard, so would the VW’s springs sag?

Thanks! :wink:

I think that is totally correct PBW. :+1:
I only question it’s use right on top of an incision already closed with stitches or maybe staples. Otherwise… I think it would be hilarious. Just might want to move off to one side a bit with the Sglue. Or not…. :smiley:

With those expected reactions :open_mouth: …………
……… by all means go for it Dale!!! :smiley:
:+1:

PRICELESS Mr. Scott!!! :wink:

Well, it’s a good story, but not true.

It does still work for wounds though.