UltraTac fishing for fake reviews

You may find that the Zebralight SC52w does everything the Olight S1a does, and more. imo the UI of Zebra is “better”, but thats just an opinion. btw, the Olight does not offer a Warm color option it is quite Cool White (more blueish). Buy whatever makes you happy :slight_smile:

I’m testing the s1a now. Going to have runtimes, lumens, and lux measurements. Should be posting Wednesday.

Definitely not my favorite AA light, but not terrible.

Bella/Ben has a store that resells returned lights:

Thank you for the information.

I like cool white in my headlamps for desert use due to showing up detail. what are your thoughts on this. I hope I have not been deluding my self

This thread sure has gone off course. From fake reviews in the OP, to opinions on headlamps

Which “bella” is which? I see
bella
bella-headlight
bella6180
Bella8135

I’m not sure I’d consider the email in the original post a request for “fake reviews”. Note that Bella did not ask for “5-star” or “top rating” reviews. She only asked for “reviews”. In theory, you could even give the product a bad review. I interpret this to mean they want an honest review.

If I were to take them up on their offer (which I am not), I would do the following:

• Check with the website where the review is being posted to make sure that a paid review is not against site rules. If it is, I would not do the review. It’s not worth having your Amazon or other account canceled just to try to get a $10 gift certificate.

If not against the rules and I was doing the review:

• Disclose at the start of the review that I am being paid (or at least offered money) for the review and how much.
  • Give an honest and objective review as possible, including the pros and cons of the light, comparisons to other similar lights, plus my overall assessment of the light.
  • I would be very leery about giving the light a top rating unless it was truly exceptional.

This is definitely against Amazon’s rules,
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_left_v4_sib?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201602680
which say in part:

Also see the FTC’s rules. That’s where the Amazon rule comes from — it’s OK to give a free or discounted item to someone — up front — and ask for a review, as described above.
It’s not OK to ask someone to write (or plagiarize) a review and promise to pay them after it appears.

Apparently Bella is happy to give you the impression that she is from the Ultratac Company, but that is a deception.
Bella has an Amazon store that sells returned flashlights, of many brands

So Bella is LuckyLightBank… now we know who NOT to do business with, that means also, do not use the coupon code that the people who got fooled into writing reviews, are posting.

no, you are being played into thinking Bella is Ultratac or Lumintop. Bella is LLB, a vendor of returned lights.

its not a factory rep, you have been assumed what Bella hoped you would, that they are somehow connected to the manufacturer… as above, Bella is not a manufacturer, Bella is a Vendor of Rejected lights that have been returned

you are badmouthing Lumintop, in response to a Vendor impersonating the company. You have been played also.

Bella is not Lumintop, as above

yes, you are promoting a vendor that resells used equipment. Did you know that, or were you deceived also?

you have been deluding yourself. Cool white has low CRI. Some colors are missing and you will see more detail if you use a High CRI LED such as the Nichia 219b that is in the Lumintop Copper tool.

the Ultratac that you were asked to review is Cool White only, so the question is relevant imo, which is why Im answering it… I hope you dont mind

you have also been deceived then.

I suggest everyone that was deceived take responsibility for discrediting any review linked to Bellas store. And if you wrote such a review, make sure to point out in it, that Bella is a store, not a factory, and that the products are used, not new.

Inspector Clouseau seems to have all the answers lol

I seriously doubt it. Inspector Clouseau is far to busy fighting his trustworthy Chineese manservant Cato Fong, who joined him a few months ago at the age of 85.

Dude! Youre Rude!
You got it wrong in the OP, it was never Ultratac nor Lumintop that was spamming you to write a fake review.

You seem to have gone offtopic attacking individuals who replied to the thread, first the guy asking about cool white, and now name calling me for pointing out the error of your ways.

You are quite invested in Character Assassination. That is, instead of attacking the Topic, you are attacking the poster.

Take some responsibility for the error of your ways, don’t be a clown, that posts one liners, playing to the audience. Are you an attorney?

It does look like the word “Lumitac” in the title of the thread is misleading.

Remove the one word and leave “fishing for …” and you’ll have it right.

Only the person who posts the original thread — and the admin — can edit the title.

Misleading thread titles have, in the past, become the excuse for long digressive arguments in threads, going way off topic.

Please don’t.

Fix it, or ask the admin to fix it.

Returning, I hope, to the discussion of who this person is asking to pay for reviews.

your link is to the Amazon store of LuckyLightBank, which is the same store that is soliciting fake reviews. Im not saying your intentionally wrote a fake review, rather, you are being used by Bella to promote their store.

here is another example of Bellas Store using boilerplate fake reviews. Notice both posters are female, yet both are buying lights for their wives, their cars, and their hats. And of course the light is the best they have ever seen. Result, the product has a large number of 5 star reviews. Anyone looking at that would think the light must be really really good, considering the outstanding (FAKE!) ” customer reviews”.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/cr/B01G34JCP0/ref=mw_dp_cr

The best pocket flashlight!
ByKatharina Gutheon July 25, 2016
One the best edc flashlights you can by in my opinion. I purchased a second light for my wife to put on her car keys. It is very bright at it’s high setting, and the low is great for reading in the car wo killing your night vision. A perfect side clicky button which has multi functions. Clip is reversible and allows attachment to a hat brim. The best pocket flashlight I’v seen!

Great every-day-carry flashlight
ByNadine Urneron August 1, 2016
With clip reversed I can use this as an effective headlight when attached to the bill of my baseball cap. It is rechargeable and come with 10440 battery. I get one in my car for back up, and I will get the second one for my wife.

note that nowhere does the store disclose that they are resellers of returned lights, as mentioned by mattlward in his review:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/39626

again, Im not saying that matt is trying to deceive, in fact I think he went out of his way to be honest. But I do think Bella is actively seeking to pump up sales by soliciting reviews, even going so far as to provide content, that gets reposted by various supposed customers on the store reviews.

I suggest anyone that sees a LuckyLightBank discount code, link to this thread to let readers know Bella is manufacturing reviews to increase sales, AND, Bella is NOT a flashlight manufacturer, not Ultratac, Not Lumintop, not Olight, not Eagletac, even though Bella does sell those brands.

Uh, ladies can have wives and hats nowadays… So they could be real reviews. To a flashlight newb, those are pretty good lights for a first dip into LED lights… I think your premise for those reviews being false could be wrong basing it like you did no women not able to have a wife and baseball caps are pretty standard with a lot of women these days… You know, the sport utility chick look with the pony tail pulled through the adjuster… Yoga pants on men, that could be a fake review… I do nude yoga like a real man… who needs pants?

true, but, what are the odds that two consecutive Female Reviewers would both say they clip the light to their hat, gave one to the wife, use the light in the car, and its the best light ever?

these 4! similar claims, all in the first paragraph of two different female reviewers, after we know Bella gave out boilerplate reviews. What are the odds that TWO married Lesbian couples, consecutively, would say all 4 of those same things?

How often do you even see reviews that mention all 4 of those things together, in the same paragraph? And considering the gender bender that Bella is BenSnail, what are the odds that He/She would generate 2 consecutive reviews from Married Lesbians…

Maybe Lesbians really like Ultratacs?.. Riiiight… if you believe that, show some evidence, otherwise, you’re just critiquing my post, without offering ANY evidence to support a contrary view. That like replying to a poster, to disagree with their opinion. A rather thoroughly supported, researched, and linked opinion. While your opinion offers zero evidence and nothing but speculation…

no, Im not in any way convinced that your comment has any basis in fact, that Two consecutive reviews from Married Lesbian Couples, are not BOTH Bella/Ben shills,

How many married lesbian women do you know, that are into Ultratac so much that they would purely by coincidence, write consecutive reviews with identical content, for the same product? Most states do not allow Lesbians to Marry, it is not a very deep pool of candidates. Dont you think its an amazing “coincidence”?:slight_smile:

The United States Supreme Court (scotus) ruled on it over a year ago.
Supreme Court Ruling Makes Same-Sex Marriage a Right Nationwide - Nytimes
In historic decision, Court strikes down state bans on same-sex marriage: In Plain English - scotusblog.com

But yes, those reviews still seem unlikely to be real.

It is Ultratac in the title. And Ultratac or a representative of, were fishing for fake reviews as shown in the email.

You seem edgy. My thread had nothing to do with color tints of anything. Nobody even knows, least of all you, if this is the same bella, or if associated with Lumitop or bensnail. That was merely an assumption. All I know, from the emails, is this person claims to represent Ultratac. As far as Lumintop goes, If they want to violate their own MAP policies, thats their prerogative.

I got an Ultratec K18 and it was great for a week. Now it won’t shut off. I unscrew it and of course it goes off, But as soon as I go to put it back together it lights up as soon as the head and body make contact. Once assembled, no pattern of switch clicks will get it to shut off:(

Repeated “contact us” attempts to get a an answer have been answered with dead silence!

Customer service?? NOT

Dennis