GBGB: 4th batch of BLF-348 (Classy and Small 1xAAA Stainless Steel light, with Nichia NVSW219B-V1 R9050) - Coupon published!

I have around a dozen of these lights from the last 2 batches; more than I need. However, if they did decide to produce a 2-mode version, I’d definitely get some more. Doesn’t sound likely, though.

I’m not getting my hopes up but a forward clicky would definitely get me back in line.

A single mode light is the only legitimate place to put a forward clicky. (Well, that or a dual-switch light, where the forward clicky is used only for on/off.) So, this makes sense to me. Can the 348 be made with a forward clicky switch?

I don’t know about that. Of course that’s what some would like, but this light seems quite popular already with a single mode.

For me, any other configuration would be a definite no go. This form factor is something I can have on my person when I can’t comfortably have extra “just in case” things larger than a pen in my pockets. This is pretty much synonymous to “when I wear a suit” which is maybe 1-4 days a year. This also implies the light is probably and hopefully never actually needed, it’s just there. Analogous to concealed carrying a firearm in places where human rights are recognized.

Whenever I’m wearing normal clothing, I always have at least a single 18650 tube light with me anyway. This behavior is more analogous to carrying any tool one needs on their job. In one of these, the low mode is probably at least similar to the full power of a BLF348. I only use moonlight mode when at home, and then I don’t need a pen-sized light… no, I prefer not to have a tiny light to lose.

Don’t be mistaken. I’m not in the slightest bit opposed to the idea of refining this to have multiple modes, tactical strobe, zooming aspherical lens, 3-point sling or a grenade launcher. It’s a challenging engineering task and fascinating as such. It’s just not something I would want to have. When a flashlight is the size of a pen (and thus very weak in the foreseeable future), I have my father’s attitude and taste in flashlights. On and off, period. :D. And I don’t think I represent a tiny minority of 348 buyers.

Ditto. Most of my “special function” lights are 1-mode only. My VG10 is pretty much the only multimode light I use regularly, and it’s not even my EDC (1-mode ’502). Even “retired” my S2+ because the blink-on-low was just plain pissing me off, and that was one I would’ve otherwise tolerated a multimode driver.

The ’348 isn’t so stressed-out on high that it needs a “low” mode. It’s simple, and it does the job.

My only gripe with it is that the threads seem to be rather very skimpy. The clip wants to “bend” the 2 halves when putting in a new cell that it’s really easy to cross-thread the beastie. I think mine’s already almost a press-fit at this point. Wanna make it a winner, give it some beefier threads, sez me.

If you slide the clip to just below the line for the top it won’t press against the bottom.

(Pic is from Flashlion’s Review).

Mmm, I was just going to take it off, but even though it won’t be a “deep carry” anymore, that’ll work, tnx.

FYI - anyone wanting to pick up an additional BLF-348, message M4DM4X for a code that gets the price on GearBest down to near the groupbuy prices that were offered here.

Wait! GearBest still has them? In that case it would have been nice to ask me for a code (instead of MM… :wink: )

I’ll contact them instantly.

I’d likely pick up a few more.

Good news!

You can buy the remaining "With BLF engraving, with gift box"-versions (<== Affiliate link = "Thank you for the GB!" - Non-aff link here) for only $6.99 with coupon BLF348G

Note: At the moment the coupon allows buying only one for that price, but I already asked GB to remove that limit.

The coupon BLF348G doesn’t work anymore, not even for single items. The error message upon entering the coupon code is “The Code you entered has expired.”

I’ll ask them to fix it. Pls wait.

Thanks! Did you already get a response from Gearbest?

Thank you for your support. Coupons I set has been used up, hope you can understand.

I am applying for promotion price, after resetting effective coupons, I will let you know.

Or Dear, is it a good way for us to have interests list here so that I can prepare full stock for you @ promotion price.

And then everyone of you can get the coupon code, how about your idea?

Great thanks,

Gearbest

Me too.

me too, a list would work to give you an idea of how many are needed. I am on the list for (2)ea

I’d take 4 (don’t really care about the variant).

3 for me.

I’m in for 2.