JAXMAN E2L hosts are available now

dear friend, I have not clip for it now.you can try convoy clip.

Rgs

Too much gunk put on there, clearly, as it’s bulged out the sides and squeezed through into the driver space.

“Opposition is true Friendship.” ― William Blake

They tested a lot of different ways to apply thermal paste and found making an X with a thin line of gunk, on the surface to be mated, gave the best coverage.
Click the link above for their pictures and heat numbers.

Same for a LED as for a CPU — minimize the amount of thermal gunk, just to fill any air gaps between the metal.

I’ll be curious how much the temperature handling can be improved on by changing this, with hosts built using similar driver/LED parts.

That’s the reason to buy one complete flashlight as well as some hosts — to have a baseline.

Hoping someone who already has a complete light will report on how well it removes heat from the LED.

Ah drat.

Waited too long to order the BLF hosts and now Aliexpress is out. :frowning:

hi Hank,

pls tell all, we can heat the body to about 100 。C, Then the glue will soft.

Rgs

Do you plan to have anymore hosts available to BLF people? I missed out, but would like to have a few. Thanks

dear friend, yes, but later.
I want to get the host buyers feedback first.

Rgs

Yeah, i missed out on the hosts too.
Great news you plan to sell more hosts. :+1:

OK, thank you. 100C is boiling water temperature.
So putting the head in a plastic bag and submerging it should heat the glue up enough to soften it.

Dang Hank, brilliant, was sitting here wondering how to elaborately, and you boil it down to simplicity, pun intended…

Uhm… What is the melting point of the optics?
I recall reading 80°C somewhere (depending on material, but i can’t recall which…), but that seems a bit low to me…

I’d take the optic off first.

The flashlight-head-in-a-plastic-bag in boiling water isn’t my idea, it’s been mentioned here at BLF previously as a way to soften glue.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abudgetlightforum.com+plastic+bag+boiling+water+glue

Of course.
I was thinking it would be glued by its feet (through the MCPCB).

Nah the optic holes look clean. It was a little effort but I popped all the legs out with a small flat head screwdriver, it’s pressed in.

Man…. I am chomping at the bits (so to speak…. :wink: … ) for mine to get here.

Good news for us in the USA too. MTN will have EL2 host in stock soon… maybe even a few other Jaxman goodies. :slight_smile:

Thank you jaxman, RMM, & T18. :+1:
:slight_smile:

What is MTN ? URL, pls.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/category&path=80

And the guy in charge is called Richard.

It is Mountain Electronics. here in the USA.

There is also an International site.

tnx.

Very strange, that Jaxman cancel sales [E2L hosts] on ALiexpress, but it’s his choice.

Your welcome.
He has said he will restock & open it again after he see’s how it goes with the host’s already sold.

Be sure to see the International site URL I added above. :slight_smile:

Hopefully E2L host will be in stock soon, I missed sale this time.