JAXMAN E2L hosts are available now

Dang Hank, brilliant, was sitting here wondering how to elaborately, and you boil it down to simplicity, pun intended…

Uhm… What is the melting point of the optics?
I recall reading 80°C somewhere (depending on material, but i can’t recall which…), but that seems a bit low to me…

I’d take the optic off first.

The flashlight-head-in-a-plastic-bag in boiling water isn’t my idea, it’s been mentioned here at BLF previously as a way to soften glue.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Abudgetlightforum.com+plastic+bag+boiling+water+glue

Of course.
I was thinking it would be glued by its feet (through the MCPCB).

Nah the optic holes look clean. It was a little effort but I popped all the legs out with a small flat head screwdriver, it’s pressed in.

Man…. I am chomping at the bits (so to speak…. :wink: … ) for mine to get here.

Good news for us in the USA too. MTN will have EL2 host in stock soon… maybe even a few other Jaxman goodies. :slight_smile:

Thank you jaxman, RMM, & T18. :+1:
:slight_smile:

What is MTN ? URL, pls.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/category&path=80

And the guy in charge is called Richard.

It is Mountain Electronics. here in the USA.

There is also an International site.

tnx.

Very strange, that Jaxman cancel sales [E2L hosts] on ALiexpress, but it’s his choice.

Your welcome.
He has said he will restock & open it again after he see’s how it goes with the host’s already sold.

Be sure to see the International site URL I added above. :slight_smile:

Hopefully E2L host will be in stock soon, I missed sale this time.

I have modded my E2L and it was a pain only because of the impossible glue everywhere. Leave that out (=this host) and it is the perfect tube-style triple host you can imagine: easy to build up, everything including the heat path well thought-out, all parts are standard size and fit like a glove, nice ss bezel, and fully lego-able with the Convoy S2+ (think short tube!). If you are forced to mention a shortcoming, that could be that the shelf for the ledboard is anodised, but since no-one ever produced actual numbers on how bad that is, for now that shortcoming is theoretical.

Yep, well said djozz. “Modders” should just stick with hosts, because he doesn’t build production lights with a few modders in mind. He builds them for the general public to buy & use.

I hope, hosts will be without glue :~}

They will. :slight_smile:

Djozz, did you take any temperature measurements on the stock light with the glue in place?

I’m curious whether the glue is accomplishing what it’s intended to do, as a thermal transfer material — or if it’s thick enough that it’s acting as an insulator trapping heat in the LED area.

Yeah, I have a stock E2L flashlight just arrived here too. But all I have is an infrared thermometer to try to figure out how it’s handling heat.
Wish I had a smart phone so I could buy the $200 infrared camera module …. just can’t keep up with technology these days

I guess I can compare it to a S2+ triple on a Noctigon with one of Hoop’s pills, and see where the heat shows up ….

Man, it sure does look sweet with the S2+ ‘short tube’ too djozz’. Take a look at this pic T18 posted.
Very nice look indeed…… :+1:

Look what I got today:

This is really nice, everything is there and the packaging is excellent. And they could not even resist a notice on a possible assembly issue :slight_smile:

And take a look at the machining of the ledboard shelf :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

Looking good!!! :+1: … :heart_eyes: