JAXMAN E2L hosts are available now

I also ordered 2 hosts. I am not a builder. But I am in contact with a builder to build me 2 lights.

This is again IMO is a premium host, I’ve completely disassembled the bought E2L and it’s also a high quality build by Jaxman, and for the price your not going to go wrong with this light, just needs little tune ups and then all is perfect, sold exactly as described, nothing more or less than as advertised,

Edit: Ha Ha, didn’t catch that match maker part, you got that right and it was your mention that got me thinking, I buy quit a bit from this vendor and have for awhile now so was really hopeful. Great job Hank…!

Jaxman stop sell hosts.

Ano color is slightly lighter grey but hardly noticeable, head and tail fits and works perfectly, Convoy shorty.

So your emitter wasn’t glued down?
And the Convoy short tube works?

No Hank I broke the LED removing the board, Jaxman did a superb job of assembly and the mcpcb is down hard so takes a bit to get it up and out, which is actually excellent and something I rarely see, but I do expect this kind of workmanship from Jaxman and why I’m so loyal to the brand, but I hit the LED with my pick accidentally, no big deal they are all gone now & off in the parts department and so I’m putting in a triple on noctigon.
And yes the Convoy 18350 shorty works perfectly and showing it working in that picture and fronting myself off as not being careful and breaking a LED is only to show that it works ha ha.
I posted pics of the head over on the original thread for the E2L, DeHeaded No Glue if you take a look, look at how well they put down that thermal compound, you don’t ever see that from many companies, wall to wall perfect…!
Now that I know I’m going to be able to go short I’m hoping for a real nice pocket thrower, already heat colored the SS bezel,

Edit: The more I looked at the heat colored bezel the more I didn’t like it, so what do you do now?
Answer: Use the bezel from a S3 fits perfectly, matter of fact they look identical.
I’ve never had a bad Jax product I just like to mess with stuff and see what is possible, you know… ha ha

Did you have any trouble gettihng the glue off the head of the light, to have a clean surface to place the new LED?
How did you remove the glue?

Hello Jaxman I have your E2(nice stock light)and have a E2L and M2 on order. I like your lights but can you supply a clip for your lights?? Right now I order a light from you and hop onto Simon’s Convoy store to buy clips,it would be nice to supply clips, thanks!

I haven’t really got there yet, had to finish some other projects, but it shouldn’t be anything unusual. It’s not glue in my light, it’s thermal adhesive holding the board down and that is difficult to get up and is how I broke a LED, but was changing everything anyhow and for NO reason.
However I just got a PM asking how to get the goop out, I’m baffled really, I have not seen any goop in my light and nothing that looked like the picture in Jaxman’s OP, so hoping someone will show me a picture of the alleged goop…??

well, ’oogle wants to help:

"thermal adhesive" - Google Search*

it says “Sorry, this item is no longer available!” for all 3 options.
I guess that means out of stock

Yeah I’m done messing with the LED. I was hoping the driver would be easier to remove, but there’s too much glue that pushed out on the wires that I can’t yank them out. I’ll just hot rod another host and keep this light as-is.

Here it is:

after the picture I tried isopropyl alcohol and it does not soften this stuff even a little. I also almost ripped the driver wires pulling it out because the glue ran down the wires all the way to the other side of the driver and the wires were twisted and glued to the other side of it. I have used thermal paste quite a bit building computers and cleaning cpu coolers coolers, but this stuff is not anything I’ve ever worked with. No fault on Jaxman though, the light is still great quality and I will continue to use it. Just sharing that it might not always be easy to tear apart for everyone.

dear friend, I have not clip for it now.you can try convoy clip.

Rgs

Too much gunk put on there, clearly, as it’s bulged out the sides and squeezed through into the driver space.

“Opposition is true Friendship.” ― William Blake

They tested a lot of different ways to apply thermal paste and found making an X with a thin line of gunk, on the surface to be mated, gave the best coverage.
Click the link above for their pictures and heat numbers.

Same for a LED as for a CPU — minimize the amount of thermal gunk, just to fill any air gaps between the metal.

I’ll be curious how much the temperature handling can be improved on by changing this, with hosts built using similar driver/LED parts.

That’s the reason to buy one complete flashlight as well as some hosts — to have a baseline.

Hoping someone who already has a complete light will report on how well it removes heat from the LED.

Ah drat.

Waited too long to order the BLF hosts and now Aliexpress is out. :frowning:

hi Hank,

pls tell all, we can heat the body to about 100 。C, Then the glue will soft.

Rgs

Do you plan to have anymore hosts available to BLF people? I missed out, but would like to have a few. Thanks

dear friend, yes, but later.
I want to get the host buyers feedback first.

Rgs

Yeah, i missed out on the hosts too.
Great news you plan to sell more hosts. :+1:

OK, thank you. 100C is boiling water temperature.
So putting the head in a plastic bag and submerging it should heat the glue up enough to soften it.