FW3A, a TLF/BLF EDC flashlight - SST-20 available, coupon codes public

Very true… :+1: … But varbos was wanting brushed bare aluminum.

How about this slippery one? It’s probably as thin as aluminum foil but it sure does look neat

Yeah, he stuck that on his electric drill and hit it with sandpaper for many many hours. This is why I was thinking of using my friend’s lathe. Hopefully the same result in a fraction of the time.

If you want a brushed bare aluminum finish I suggest first soaking the aluminum in Greased Lightning or drain cleaner to remove the anodizing.

Once that’s done, a small amount of sanding with a drill or lathe to produce the finish you want should be all that’s needed.

/\ . +1

Here’s the craziest one I’ve seen so far. Dude said it was way too slippery.

edit blame Chrome on iOS for not letting me get the image link easily. Lame.

Here it is…

Wow… all the knurling is gone to! It has to be very thin at this point. :open_mouth:
EDIT: As far as your image not showing up & why… you did it wrong. :wink:

Hit ‘Quote’ on this post & compare what I posted for your picture to show up and what you posted for your picture that did not show up.

Oblong with no particular shape but shiny like a chrome plated turd. Ugliest flashlight ever.

EDIT: @Lane32x
You copy paste the link/address to the gallery, but the link needs to be to the image (link finishing with .jpg). When you are in the gallery, right click on the image > open it in a new tab then copy paste the address in the forum with the appropriate markers.

I can’t see images either.

It looks like a special edition fleshlight, you arent missing much

I can see it now , you’re right.

You guys don’t like the shiny one? I think it’s cool. To each his own.

It looks like that bean in Chicago or maybe how a flashlight would look if it could melt in a hot car or something. Not my taste.

Maybe if it was the original shape still and a polished nickel plating it would be better but they rounded off way too much.

It looks like a ladies pleasure device.

I think the shiny one looks pretty cool.

Not very practical with so much material removed and no knurling. But it looks nice.

Would you guys like to have a clear anodized brushed aluminium?

I think I can do that fairly easily, either by myself or at my job.

Not allowed to do commercial stuff, like plating/anodizing the light for selling it, but if I ever decide to order an FW3A, my first plan would be to make it brushed clear anodizing for a silvery look, and then finally posting an update and plating my second aluminium light with copper.

Type III anodizing :slight_smile:
Mike

Yes, yes, yes.

YES!

Comically, your “here it is” also didn’t have the picture show up.

Side note, as a long time lurker, I appreciate how involved you are in these forums, Teacher.

It’s been many years since I tried to keep up with any sort of forums and I usually find your input to be helpful.