Haikelite SC26 *** CLOSED For U.S.A. and Canadian Customers only*** Haikelite cut me off at 100 units so GB is closed.

My point is the refund should be automatically issued by Terry without everyone file a claim through PayPal. He is in Flashlights business, right? Is anyone going to buy from him after this chaos?

I just don’t think I or anyone else should go through all this BS to get money back.

If you look back a bit Terry mocked Vinte77 for calling him a flashlight professional.

Terry simply does not understand or chooses to ignore basic modern business practices. When I requested my refund he stated he did not have provide one because he got pre-approval from for the group buy from PayPal. This is just an outright lie of course.

On his website he stated all sales are final because South Carolina does not allow him to sell used goods. Another outright lie.

Of course we all know about his lies regarding having a sample and that the lights had been shipped.

He won’t automatically refund because he pockets all the money from customers who have forgotten about ordering.

My thoughts EXACTLY…except for the part about being interested in one of these lights.

Should not have too, but we may.
I sent him a PM to allow him to refund me without getting PayPal involved ( he did promise us PayPal would not need to be used if issues arise.)
Hopefully he will do what is right. But I can’t hold my breath too long on that

After reading post #698, and thinking a little harder on the many times in the past months that Terry said the SC26 shipped and we should expect it soon does seem very suspicious now. I can’t imagine that he wouldn’t know because he said he was in contact with HL on a daily basis so he could easily confirm it with them whether it shipped or not. I was wondering why he was doing all those fire sales that he repeatedly said was sold at or below the cost he bought them for and I felt genuine sympathy for him. However, if it’s true that he never even paid HL for any of flashlights he was selling, he can’t claim any service fees from HL for buying and swapping in the TA drivers. That cost was paid for by the customers and all profit goes to himself not HL. All the MT09R GB members like myself either paid TA to swap the driver or had the option to wait for HL to send them the revised TA driver and install it themselves (HL already contacted me to send me two drivers for free). However, if Terry provided FREE warranty service to swap in TA drivers for any MT09R GB members here, then he should be entitled to service fees from HL. However, I wasn’t even aware that warranty service was an option and haven’t heard of anyone receiving this warranty service from Terry.

Now if my above understanding is true, Terry haven’t paid a penny to HL but pocketed all of the money from selling HL’s goods, yet he is asking HL to pay him service fees for driver swaps that were for Terry’s sole benefit so he can sell them, and the price of the swap was already charged to the customers? Now what is even worst is that Terry is holding BLF member’s SC26 GB money, which is completely unrelated to the MT09R, to force HL to pay him even more money!! Wow just WOWWW!! :open_mouth: :exclamation:

Terry, all along I have been supporting you and defending you throughout both groupbuys. Just yesterday I made a post here to defend you hinting that HL might be lying about you never paying them for the stock you sold. But now with all the evidence shown, I feel like I’ve been supporting a con man. Please come out and explain to us that we’re misinterpreting the facts so I don’t feel so terribly dumb.

If not, I will initiate a Paypal dispute for the SC26, which I never imagined I would be doing.

The BLF’s rules are simple and few, the reason its such a great place to be.
When unfortunate things like this particular failed GB happen, its not BLF’s responsibility.
However I do feel like the issues arising in this thread are contrary to Rule #9 - Have fun. It hasn’t been much fun being disappointed for those patiently waiting for the Haikelite SC26 (myself included) nor much fun for others reading about the drama and vitriol.
I’m out on both counts, waiting and reading. Refund requested and Unsubscribed.

Same price!? Are they kidding!? Hell, there would need to be a much, much deeper discount to get people interested again. Like 100% discount… Haikelite needs to show a ton of good will after this crap show.

$5700 at $45 per hour is 126.67 hours. He must have billed them for every second he thought about the MT09R. I suspect TA’s bill was far less than that.

Haikelite seems to make a great host, but they have no idea how to build a functioning flashlight. Why there are still supporters of the brand is beyond me.

I wonder if and at what point a group email should be sent to everybody on the wait list.

It would be a good idea but since Terry is the owner of this thread and the only one who would have that list I don’t think it will happen

I decided to put a PayPal dispute in. He did not reply to my PM.

Terry, you still have a chance to make this right. But I can tell you this there is no one on this forum will ever do business with you again. I thought this is your business, don’t you care about your business and customers?

I believe he made his choice sherman2k.
I tried reaching out to him by on earlier to let him do it the right way. He did not respond. We all may have to dispute this on pay pal. Which will certainly destroy his business…
It’s not to late to fix this and we can back off our dispute, but his company has left a sour taste for many

They do, as long as the driver and UI is more of the conventional variety. I own three (MT07, SC01, SC02), and only have a relatively minor issue with the SC01 sometimes not wanting to stay in Turbo, and stepping down to high. It’s now very apparent that Haikelite is trying to be innovative like Astrolux, but they just don’t have the know how, or resources, to do so.

Also, I don’t think they fully grasp the entire concept of GBs.

unfortunately, people would still buy from him, or any other who did wrong. All they have to do is offer a product at a really low price. That’s really the nature of most people… I said most. People love bargains. Ever see the line at the opening of a store that promises free T.V. sets, free this, free that, to the first comers? People are camping overnight. Ever see an ad on the internet for something free. The ad says until such and such a date, but supply is gone in hours! Or the servers overloaded. The seller didn’t expect this???

curious as to how many Paypal claims have been filed so far? It doesn’t matter, but would be interesting to know :wink:

I had forgotten about that. I was thinking there was a list at the top. That’s too bad…

Good point, I am not very familiar with those models. Every positive post I have seen about Haikelite is related to the TA modded MT09R.

As far as PayPal is concerned, the rules were changed years ago. Now if you don’t have a tracking number, you generally lose any dispute automatically. If the value exceeds $750, you need a signature as well, no signature and the value exceed $750, you lose automatically. Terry is not in a good place in this regard since he cannot provide tracking numbers for any of the SC26 GB orders.