Acebeam X70 - 40000 lm - 8*18650 - Active fan cooling

That’s right South Africa.

Thanks I’ll test it out tonight.

X70 is just 1/3 - 1/4th of that what vinh modded light?

I had to check whether i was at BLF or CPF. :smiley:

Maybe i’ll just get this one instead via Taobao + sea shipping for cheap thrills. :smiley:

Acebeam X70 measured at 10 meter throw.

2970 lux

So 297,000 lux at 1 meter? That’s 1089 meters which pretty much matches the rating of 1115 meters.

Was the measurement done outdoor with open space?

No inside my house. I can do measurements up to 30 meters.

I think doing outdoor will be more accurate for flooder light in order to reduce reflection.

But this one not portable.

Vinh was the one making 5digit lumens light before all these stock lights catching up. Now looks like some are selling their older Skylumen lights in order to get R90C or MS12. :sunglasses:

Inc me, my TN40vn maybe making way for the R90C soon.

Funny how Imalent have passed Vinh. The one brand he doesn’t mod or speak positively of!

Brighter and 4 times cheaper!

But his mod 35000lm with X65 might be much better throw than this X70. I mean Vinh still has his upper hand on most fine tuned lights. Sheer lumens output wise he is losing competitiveness.

I will do one outside and then compare. I believe there will not a big difference between outside and inside due to the difference strength light in the spot and spill. The reflection of spill will have no influence due to much stronger hot spot. I can see clearly clearly my hot spot versus the spill.

Not quite passed Vinh. His Sirius produces 50k lumens of focused beam at 400kcd

His Vortex flooder produces 100,000 lumens and has crazy heatsinking

Of course the prices for those are not for the average person

Don’t they have 2 drivers and 2 power buttons so effectively 2 flashlights in 1 for nearly 5 times the price of the MS12

Thanks for the video. I think the video makes the lights look darker than they are. Because once he turns off the lights, it’s almost pitch black despite the street lights. So that shows the flashlights are far brighter than the street lights.

I wonder if triple tap for middle light only would have been a good touch. Then a 2nd triple tap to disable the middle light.

JasonWW Hello, the 4 first impression vids are mine. Filmed with a Samsung Note so automatic exposure. I will do a better one probably next week. Indeed, X70 does not have any internal slots and internal airflow anymore. However the fins are deep and the flashlight doesn’t get very hot very quickly. The fan has a decent flow but the problem is that it only hits the radiator on one side. It should have some sort of cover around the reflector in order to direct the airflow around it. IMAO there is a lot of room for improvement in the active cooling. However I don’t know yet if the stepdown from turbo is temperature dependent or just timed to 55s. Acebeam says on their site “Intelligent temperature controlled light output for user safety” but I don’t know what this really means.

Basically 1-0 Imalent and if Vinh’s lumens measurements are close, possibly 2-0 Imalent.

If you want to test to see if it’s really temp controlled or just a timed step-down, just put the X70 on a huge block of ice, cool the aluminum body down a fair bit first and then turn on 60k lumens while pressing down the light firmly on the ice block. Time both with and without ice block.

You should be able to do noticeably longer turbo durations with the ice block.

I tail stand my Q8s (BLF and Sofirn) in mugs of water with the water level till around the power switch area and i can do high outputs 50-100% all day/night long. :slight_smile: Just a matter of having enough cells to go around for the whole night etc.

Why is imalent 2-0?