【convoy】H4 and B35AM options are updated

It’s a good news. Just remember we like mods and the optics in this store are really great :wink:
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/219000?spm=0.8937474.0.0.53432e0ear4vS3

Simon, will there be 20mm boost drivers with 12 groups? It’s very hard to get them in this size.

Hello Simon,

Do you know LEDiL optics? They have many single and multi lens TIR optics for various LED types.
https://www.ledil.com/product-landing/

I’m not so sure LEDiL will be a good source for new/interesting/*cheap* optics. Simon seems to do well sourcing Chinese based stuff so I think it may be more interesting and better value to go that route?

Simon sent me an L6 FC40 sample for testing. The driver has three modes.

I measured the output at 30 seconds with iJoy 26650 batteries.

Low 231 lumens
Mid 1285 lumens
High 3351 lumens (3300 lm at 60 seconds)

Visually the beam is quite green especially on the mid and high modes. That was verified in the sphere. Here are the results with the beam integrated. The tint shift is not bad at all, but the SMO brings out some unevenness in the beam. Probably nothing to worry about outside, but visible on a white wall. I’d put a minus green filter (at least a 1/4 or Zircon 803) on the front glass to alleviate the green. That would drop the output approximately 20 percent.

Low mode

Mid mode

High mode

Beamshot from the hotspot

Maukka, would you mind testing WITHOUT AR coated lens? Just the reflector.

Sure, it’s slightly better with regard to the green tint with 0.6% more output.

Seems weird the Duv is going UP so much with more current and CCT staying relatively the same.

Considering how different this is from my own test I wonder just how much variance is in their binning.

Maukka. Thanks for the data and the follow up test without the lens as a member requested. Appreciated!

I’m curious what parts of the spectrum are effected by the lens/AR coating… Could you overlay the two spectrums please?

I have a 4000K version (rngwn in Dec 2020) in my modded Thrunite T2. It’s extremely green as well. Visually it’s far less pleasing than some 85CRI 5D XPL HDs I have in a frosted triple. What Duv do you experience? What was your source for the emitter?

Thanks maukka for the test. It seems, that the 5000K (measured at 6220K) is noticeably better regarding CRI, and while I am not a fan of super rosy tints, I guess, the 4000K labeled GT-FC40 is too green to me - so I’ll get the 5000K.

20mm 12 groups for xhp50.2 in stock now ,i will add a link later

Yes, I know, and I have contact with the salesperson of LEDiL, but many products do not have samples

IRIS (xpe) and ANGIE are great.

That’s great. Thank you.

Any news about driver for SBT90.2 in L6?

Overall, one of the reasons people prefer to use “3V” (1S) XHP50/70 emitters is the lack of high power boost/switching drivers. Now, taking a look at Texas Ace's XHP50 output test (peak at 9.25A in 2S/6V config) or XHP50.2 output test (peak at 11A in 2S/6V config) it can be clearly understood these emitters can manage much higher current and power.

So, why not some new high power switching drivers? A word of warning, though. We have embraced a new generation of high power linear drivers, I find this great. However, I think “you” went overboard setting the driving current of the new Osram emitters. In the first place one cannot expect any and all emitters to behave like the ones tested, there may be variations. Then, it also isn't wise to deliver full “expected” current/power to the emitter, this being inefficient besides unnecessarily stressful…

For XHP50 emitters in 6V/2S configuration I think a driver with 5.5A or 6A of output would sell, namely to enthusiasts (5.5A/6A is 82.11%/86.05% of peak output for the XHP50 in Texas Ace's test). These would require 15A rated cells to properly operate.

I would also recommend considering any of CRYSTAL, MARTHA, OLGA, SANDRA, TAMPA and TUIJA.

I have a Crystal, but not so much a fan so far. Will keep trying different emitters…

What did you experience with it? Too many artifacts in the beam?

OLGA-RS has many published beamshots, it seems, that beam shape is nicely scaled by the LED light emitting surface:
https://www.ledil.com/product-card/?product=C16671_OLGA-RS