Is there a 5050 3V high CRI LED?(Rollercoster of emotions --- 3V 5050 9070 --- GT FC30 6V R9070 5050 --- GT FC60 12V R9080 7070)

Acebeam and thrunite like to use 12V with XHP50/70 for some reason. But yeah 6V is probably more common.

edit : IMO that makes the FC-30 much more attractive for the 1st group buy since full XHP compatibility is really important and if the FC-60 can be made so in the future.

As thefreeman said...

Zebralights are all 6V isn't it (xhp50/70)?

Yes.

Maybe asynchronous topology? Lower current for switching diode? Schottkys getting slow in low voltages too

Armytek does the same thing for XHP50, which in the past I assumed was so they could use the same driver in XHP35 and XHP50 lights. I’m not sure about the XHP70 Wizard though.

They use quite powerful drivers and seem to be quite efficient, asynchronous doesn’t seem likely, I only have one thrunite with XHP, thrunite T1 (12V) :

Uses the MP3429 (synchronous), actually choising 12V makes sense here considering how thin and long the output trace is, it seems to go in between the USB port and the inductor (PCB seems to be 2 layers).

Could be yeah.

Yeah, it’s actually interesting.

I don’t know what to choose though.

Like, the bigger appeal of the FC30 vs the XHP50.3HI as an example would be the fact that we can actually choose a good tint from the start and the good guaranteed Ra9070 rating.

Well, I guess you guys and gals make a good point.

So, for clarification, the GT FC60 samples you’ve been sent are currently 12V, but they will only be available in 6V for the group buy?

Yes.

So, I discovered the FC40 inside of Convoy lights is Ra9050, not Ra9080.

Well, my interest for the Ra9080 GT-FC60 still lives on now lmao.

I tried my hand at asking if the FC40 can be made in 6/12V. If it can be made in 6/12V, then I’ll switch over to it.

Very low probability since it’s a similar build to the FC60 and in the same footprint.

Anyway, I think I need to make another poll :stuck_out_tongue:

Maukka tested an early sample here (very green and R9 goes down to 42 on high)

But zeroair tested a production sample here that is much less green and with higher R9, 76 on high and above 80 in other modes)

I see. Thank you freeman.

Anyway, good news: Texas Ace has received the FC30 :stuck_out_tongue:

That is interesting… I have 3 Convoy lights with the GT FC40 and all of them are very good tints and no green in any of them… Is it a batch or generational thing? Mine are older.

@mattlward basically, because of the very small sample batch, I wasn’t able to control tint binning and whatnot for a reasonable cost, which means there is no tint binning.

It varies badly :stuck_out_tongue:

Production batches should be a lot better in that regard with specific tint binning.

Well, I asked Getian, and apparently:

“it is normall that the FC30 or FC60 has only about 45lm/w efficiency”
“not about the sample production or mass production”

This is really an interesting turn of events.

I can accept lower efficiency because it’s domeless high CRI, but not 45lm/W at full rated power for the FC60 Ra9080 (2500lm) vs 75lm/W for the FC40 Ra9080 at almost 15W less (3000lm) by djozz’s compensated measurements.

It’s actually rather interesting how this differs. There has to be a reason for why this difference is a thing.

All because I wanted to make some light LED stuff from a newer LED did I ever end up on this with some partners online :stuck_out_tongue:
The tale of BLF :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m just waiting for more details from Getian at this point.

Interesting, I thought the FC-30 and FC-60 were supposed to be more efficient than the FC-40. At this point I’m not sure I see the advantage of these LEDs over the FC-40. Maybe this explains why we haven’t seen them in any flashlights up to this point. Thanks for fighting the good fight, hope you get some clarity on this, and maybe a positive outcome after all (for all of us to benefit from in the end).

Yeah, it’s really weird and surprising. Heck, even the manufacturer contact was surprised.

I just wish it was the contact who didn’t really know that samples are usually not as bright as full production run LEDs, because if the manufacturer itself doesn’t know about their own LEDs’ lumen output and efficiency, I’m really scared.

I can’t say I’m that surprised. Everything I’ve heard about working with oversees manufacturers points to it being a very challenging and frustrating process. This of course applies to product development and production, we all have had a wide range of experience interacting with oversees supplies of finished goods. I hope you can sort through all of this, but I would expect several rounds of back and forth, samples, testing, and revisions before you land on what you are looking for. Best of luck for you and for all of us.

Any updates?