FW3A mod thread. Post yours!

Wow, even better than what I was envisioning! So did you have to do much drilling to get the blue trits to fit?

I really like what you are doing. :slight_smile:
At the same time I wonder why this innovation happens now and not earlier, these optics are nothing new. :slight_smile:
Would it be posible to add trits around the legs, inline with them?

Trits in flashlights have been around forever, it was more a “thing” on the other forum and with custom shops online.
I guess the FW3A is acting as a change agent across the mod-inclined BLF user base? :smiley:

Yes, but I haven’t seen this kind of stuff being done to TIRs before. Trits in the legs - yes, they were available for long. But other than this I think that various parts of the body (especially tail) were the main trit target.

Maybe.

Wow! I want three of these!

I am not really happy with the switch and switch button assembly. Because it is metal on metal (not like the S2+ switchbutton with rubber to prevent it+ rubber to guide the button) you can hear and feel it rubbing. And the way the button connects to the bubble switch makes the metal button wobble more. On the drawing you can see what makes the button wobble. To prevent it i tried to put a selfmade o-ring between switch and rubber pad. But the material was not spongy enough.
So next try was a bigger rubber pad connecting the bubble switch and button. This helps a lot! But still not the right size. Now i am searching for a bigger piece.

Good ideas :+1:
Some silicone between the metal cap and rubber boot might help you, plus a little between the switch diaphragm & boot but best to seal it with kapton tape all the way round.
Yep, the switch on the FW3A has been bugging me too, it is too easily activated from just about any angle, too loud & clicky when pressed directly.
I’ve just finished a mod that fixes all that and more plus the switch is completely silent now :wink:

I was surprised at how noisy the switch was too. Looking forward to see what you did CRX.

You can’t tease us like that… PICS please ?

I think I don’t understand something.
I haven’t seen FW3A in real life, only pictures. From them it seems to be:

• metal cover
  • rubber cover
  • plastic nubbin
  • metal switch

So…it seems like there’s rubber between the metal parts anyway?

I think he means the metal cap rubbing on the metal body, metal on ano there. makes a noise when the switch is released too.

It has carbon fibre, tritium, and is magnetic too :smiley:

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

I’m interested in seeing your mod as well. :slight_smile:

Yup thats what i meant. Check the pics. The SS button is making direct contact with the Aluminium tailcap. So even if you press right in the middel you hear and feel the scraping. I think most people are ok with it. But i hate it. Last pic is from a S2+ switch cap. There you can see the rubber to seperate and guide the button middle.

Hmmm… mine are not like yours. I don’t hear or feel any scraping/rubbing at all.

Mine just has a nice firm pressure no matter where I press the button.

Maybe a different switch??

Does your make a clicking sound wherever you press it?

I’m with teacher. I get a concise click noise but not any kind of rubbing or grinding

Mine neither.

Mine is pretty smooth. It does have a definitive click if you press it right in the middle vs the outside but no surprise there once you see how the switch works. Reminds me of these kids party toys. POP!

On mine, the button wobbles if I press the side. Like, only that side presses at all. It still triggers the switch, but bothers the crap out of me.

My main issue, though, is that it's way too easy to press. I frequently press it when clipping it on my back pocket. Then I have to pull it out, turn it off, and try again. So it's mostly been getting carry in the front "magazine pocket" some of my cargo pants have... which, that pocket holds a D4 just fine too, or anything else 18650 sized before you get into stuff with big heads.

Wow. These are great mod ideas. CRX, how is the glow on your gaskets vs the turbo glow ones?