Emisar D3AA is available now

Here’s quite the list:

Hmmm, that’s the k1 numbers. Kr1 should be between 45 an 75 kcd maybe.

Woops…

:smiley:

I emailed Hank. The numbers he gave me we’re about 1800 lumens and 30kcd.

Yes, sure

Awesome! Thank you for the photos! It looks great!

It looks amazing! The perfect size, in my opinion. I moved these pictures over to Reddit for you.

Geez, I’m going to buy so many Wangles

I hope a dual channel Wangle gets released when it’s released

I’ve been waiting a very long time for this. It went instantly to the top of my “must buy” list.

Hank has already confirmed that there will be a dual-channel option.

Awesome. Only other thing to make this the perfect headlamp for me would be a 21700 battery tube option.

I have quite a few hanklights, but this is the one I’ve been waiting for the longest

If the right angle doesn’t have a headband, are there any that would fit a D4V2 size tube? I think the Wurkkos 21700 size would work. GITD silicone a la Zebralight would be great!

The details are somewhat complicated, so I’m still trying to figure out exactly how it should work and how to implement it.

Long story short, adding all the features people want will probably require some significant changes to the underlying color model and abstractions the code uses, and exposing those features in the UI is pretty awkward too. So I’m trying to work out a solution which doesn’t suck. The code structure wasn’t designed for this sort of thing, so retrofitting it is a little tricky.

Nice! I’ll have to get one of those… dual-channel ramping between ~2700K and ~6500K LEDs, with a floody optic and an 18350 tube so it’ll have a smooth wide beam and fit easier into a headband. Then I can finally retire this ancient ZL H52Fw I’ve been using.

Yeah, that general design category (ZL SC64, Olight S2) is kind of a holy grail for EDC lights, and Hank doesn’t have anything like it yet. I’ve heard from a lot of people that they want a Noctigon light in this style, and I agree. I keep hoping it’ll happen some day…

• Thin, narrow, lightweight host with 18650 cell
  • One nice LED in a well-matched reflector or optic
  • Beam type roughly ~10 cd/lm (ish)
  • Consistent tint across beam, with neutral CCT and negative duv
  • Recessed button which is easy to find by feel and doesn’t activate by accident
  • Moderate, well-regulated output which covers everything from firefly to medium-high levels, like 0.01 or 0.05 lm at the bottom, and 500-1000 lm at max, and a smooth ramp between
  • Captive deep-carry one-way clip which holds the light with the button in the upward orientation (so, like the KR4 clip for a tail switch light, or a reversed KR4 clip for a side switch light)
  • Smooth texture under the clip so it can slide across fabric easily
  • Reflashable firmware so people can make it behave however they want

It’s not a particularly exciting design, since it’s not the brightest or the hottest type of light. It’s just very … practical.

The light you just described would be perfect - I really want a skinnier D4 with a single LED and TIR w/aux - or a skinnier KR1 even (this has been discussed here too). That with a B35AM would be amazing.

Only problem is, if Hank makes something too practical, there will be less reason to collect 20 different Emisars to fulfill slightly different needs…

Dedomed 519A in a SC64 does approximately that (~11.5cd/lm) with negative duv and no tint shift so that’s the right size/LED combination.

This would be perfect. Good to see you, TK. I hope you’re doing well.

What the freeman did and TK said is what we need. SC64 style model