Looking for Budget Bluetooth Closed Over-Ear Headphones

I ordered the TaoTronics TT-BH060 in the OP.

I also ordered this Bluetooth Transmitter:

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-Transmitter-Receiver-Enjoyment/dp/B07MMSWY5B

It's not the best Bluetooth Transmitter available, but it may be the best under $25.

If I have trouble with either one, I'll return it.

Luckily I don't return things very often, so hopefully I won't get in trouble for doing so.

Update this on your impressions of them. I upgraded to a BT audio player that can handle FLAC files.

Will do!

I expect that if I like them, I'll like the sound quality and bass less than my wired over-ear headphones.

I just want something wireless and inexpensive, and fairly decent.

Many of these BT headphones sound better when fed signal through the wire for the reason Lightbringer mentioned - the internal amp isn’t very powerful to not drain the battery too quickly. When you connect the wire and use an external amp, depending on quality of the amp, they may sound better, alas, that kind of defeats the whole purpose of wireless headphones, but at least you’ve got options.

I guess you can compare when you get them.

I actually found some budget BT headphones that have plenty of bass, but the earpads cannot be replaced, and that's a dealbreaker for me:

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Soundcore-Bluetooth-Headphones-Certified/dp/B07SHG4H92

Quick update: I just received the H12. Initial impression is that bass is great when fed power from an external headphone amp, but only so-so when playing via BT. Noise cancellation is decent. Turning ANC on, in addition to reducing noise also changes the sound signature quite a bit. To me, they do sound better with ANC on - bass and treble are better articulated.

They fit my average head on the shortest setting of the headband, so it looks like they’d fit a larger head as well; however, the ear cups aren’t particularly large, so if you have large ears, they may not fully fit over ears. They’re a bit too loose on my kid’s head. Gonna have to decide if I send them back or keep them until he grows up a bit.

Overall, pretty decent at this price point, but if they were for me, I’d want better bass via BT.

I had the H12 for only a week and upgraded to the H21. It was a drastic improvement in bass range and sound clarity. I also have Mpow sport wrap-around in-ear and single ear Bluetooth for different applications. I have to disagree with the opinions that hail the H12 for sound clarity and depth. I gave mine to my 88yo MIL, so she can watch TV without disturbing my wife and I. I’m certain her sound perception is deteriorated, so the clarity I missed in the H12 is unnoticed by her.

I don’t doubt the H21 is nicer, but I am trying to stay under $50.

BTW, I’m still eying the Soundcore Q20. Just waiting for them to go on sale…

Is the Soundcore Q10 not good enough?

(Just curious.)

I’d like something with ANC, which will come in handy when used on planes.

I have active noise canceling on my headset which I use on planes, it is well worth the price difference.

I am also looking for ANC wireless Bluetooth headsets but which can pair at least 2 devices at the same time.

I got the Q20. Much better bass on these, both when connected via BT as well as via cable. Treble is a bit more recessed compared to Mpow H12, but I actually prefer that kind of sound signature, so I think I will keep the Q20 and send H12 back.

ANC is comparable between the two.

@Raccoon City, according to the diagrams in owner manual, ear pads are removable on the Q20; but I don’t know if they’re compatible with Brainwavs pads specifically. Did you get your TaoTronics yet?

According to this review on Amazon, the Q20's ear pads are glued to the frame:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R29V12N65DS4H3

Even if the pads come off easily, I did some searches for replacement pads and came up empty.

I should be getting my TaoTronics by 8pm today (Wednesday).

I got a refurbished AKG Y50BT for $25 from a local retailer. The sound quality is excellent.
Also available on eBay.

Sounds like a good deal!

I'd check it out if it weren't on-ear.

Yeah, I took a closer look at mine, and it does appear that they’re glued. Sorry.

I received these items today.

I think I'm going to return both.

The headphones have many problems.

The maximum volume is not high enough.

The overall sound quality isn't that great.

When the media volume is low, it sounds downright awful.

There isn't enough bass.

And I'm not sure if I can remove the ear pads.

I just ordered these headphones...

Avantree Audition Pro:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A0EAYDI

And this Bluetooth transmitter...

Avantree Priva III:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5KKUR0

The Avantree Priva III Bluetooth transmitter is really good for one or two pairs of Avantree Audition Pro headphones, in case I want to get another pair.

Eventually, we'll see if I'm happy with these upgrades.

No matter what set of headphone you go with test it with a virtual haircut test.

I’m about to buy this pair.