[UPDATED M4D deal] Manker “EDC Muscle Combo – BLF Limited”

Got mine yesterday in N CA, 3 weeks to day after order
Thanks for herding the cats M4X
Got the green and warm
The green MC13 is by far my Throwiest light
The warm E14 lll is very floodie great contrast
Cheers
OS

17 pages in this thread I’ll have to review tonight. Sorry if this is redundant, but here’s some reviews by Gabriel from the 1lumen.com team, directly linked to Performance section:

Manker E14 III (6500K)

Manker MC13 (white light)

Received mine this morning.
Thank you Mankerlight and M4D M4X

No email reply from Manker despite my follow-up email to them.

The only email I got was the one that said “cannot ship flashlights with batteries” to my country.
Suggested alternative shipping methods (based on other foreign flashlight sellers from China that were able to successfully ship to my country), but didn’t get any reply at all.

You might not get a reply between the 1st and 8th of October. There’s a national holiday in China during this time:

Would it be easier to cancel the order and reorder the deal without batteries?

It sounds like they don’t want to go out of their way to find an alternative shipping method.

I have received my flashlights. The box looks like it was opened (flashlight box cut open), but inside everything is fine. Haven’t played with it yet, but the build quality looks great. Apart from the curved inscriptions on the flashlights, which is very annoying for me.

Edit.
It turns out that my E14 has a crooked bezel. Another disappointment. The flashlight is not standing straight.
https://imgur.com/a/TXONIs9

Edit 2.
The clip is glued. I do not recommend removing it. The internal thread is exposed and I doubt there is any seal inside. Of course, you can leave the screw in, but this is unlikely to make the flashlight waterproof.

Gotta go check mines now….

I ordered the combo. So can I take the tube E14 and use it on the MC13 with the 18350 battery?

Very cool MAX… So glad I ordered the bats. It is worth the few extra ducats to get them!

Also, note that the Manker 18650 30a (Has No USB) is longer than all my unprotected cells. A Samsung 30q when loaded is slightly loose on the springs

Yep. That’s what i did!

Chatika

It is hard to imagine mating threads being so far off square to each other

The bezels must be glued on as well. Did you try unscrewing?

i was also surprised that it didn’t have usb-c. but no big deal.

the glow gasket in the E14 III isn’t worth that much… it lasts 5 min :person_facepalming:
This will need to get changed sume time soon on mine.

The build quality/finish seems to be very good, i just wish the lockout signal/flash would be dimmer.

Bezel on the head isn’t glued.

I’ve heard rumors that on some bezel isn’t even threaded, just resting there. A bump or just picking it up and it’ll slide off. Some said it wasn’t even made of plastic, but something softer… like chocolate, and the heatsink was made of butter!

Edit: I just heard back If you’re just reading this now, Good morning BLF, we gotta do something about manufacturers using ingredients for parts. Sorry, it is just a little levity, and it never hurt your flashlight.

Chatika, I would send your bezel photo/video to Manker Customer Service

Ask WTF is this chabuduo?

Tell them unacceptable!

Nocturne, edible flashlights just in time for Halloween (:

I just got my set today. I probably didn’t need to order the batteries, but they’ll probably find their way into other lights. Using a Samsung 25S in the flooder puts out a lot of light. I don’t even really mind the tint of the 6500K LEDs. The glow gasket is kind of useless though, as it doesn’t seem to last more than a few minutes at best. The lowest of the moonlight settings are REALLY low. They are useful on the flooder, but the lowest setting on the thrower doesn’t seem to actually put out any light. Looking directly into the reflector at any angle greater than fifteen degrees and the light might as well be off. It’d maybe be useful to allow finding the light at night, if left on, instead of using a trit. The highest moonlight on the thrower is little more than a map light.

While I’m happy with both lights, one thing bothers me… the individual numbers on the heads. First, did they really make 200,000+ of these lights, or do all of them have numbers 200xxx? Second, their numbers don’t match! They don’t feel like a true limited edition set with different numbers!

That’s not really going to affect my feelings and using of the lights.

Regular serials:
SN: 20200413
SN: 20200535

BLF Limited serials:
BLF 200128

I guess the BLF 20 is for BLF Limited 2020, and the 0128 is for up to 9999 units.

Perhaps Manker selected BLF 200128 instead of BLF 20200128 so that the serial would be shorter than the product name:

Chatika vas Paus’ photo.

The MC13 seems to have more room for the product name and serial.

Looking forward to receiving my combo. Stuck in Sydney. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the info about the serial numbers. That makes sense, and makes them a little more special. And to be fair to the glow gasket, overnight, it does last quite a few hours.

Just to add my two cents… The first four digits (2020) is year, or with BLF GB version the first two (20) 0128 is the actual number of units built and etched for this GB

Mine arrived today so hopefully other Aussies are meeting their new additions also.

My initial impression is very positive. The E14III has a really solid and compact feel to it, particularly with the 18350 tube. As for the reported green cast to the beam, I might be able to notice it if I was regularly lighting up flat, white walls but in real world use (where I plan on using mine) it’s got a fantastic beam that’s a pleasure to look at. Thanks again Max, and Manker.