SFN55.2, SFQ55, SFN60, SFQ60, SFS80 and SFH55 LED info

Nightwatch seems to have upgraded few lights:NS73v2 with SFN55.3 and NS59v2 with SFQ60.3.

Kaidomain sells SFQ60’s and they are 7070.

I have a SFN55.2 reflowed on a dtp board, and the plus appears connected to the thermal pad. Did I do a poor reflow or is this a design feature? (like the Oslon Black Flats back in the days). If they are really connected, that ruins it big time for modding, I hope it is my poor skills :person_facepalming:

I haven’t noticed that they are connected and I have used these in many different lights.

:+1: thanks, back to reflow block it is :innocent:

Yep, bad reflow it was.

Made a Convoy S8 with SFN55.2 in 3000K 90CRI, on a KD 16mm dtp board soldered to the brass pill, and a BLF-A6 driver, all springs bypassed. I had to ream the reflector and sand the rim on the underside of the reflector almost completely away (thus moving the led as far as I can into the reflector, the rim clamps straight onto the led with no centering thingy) to make an agreeable beam; this led likes to produce egg-yolk hotspots if not in the right position along the z-axis. Still some of it is left but the beam is pretty ok now, with a nice defined hotspot.

For completion some numbers, on a almost full VTC6, measurements a few seconds after switch-on before the head gets too hot.
Output on highest: 2400 lumen
Current on highest: 17 A
CRI R9 CCT duv on highest: 89 46 3200K +0.0075
CRI R9 CCT duv on low mode: 93 63 3050K +0.0045

The tint is yellow-ish with nothing rosy, as the duv already gives away, but it gives a nice warm illumination nonetheless, I like this mod :slight_smile:

A cool white SFN55.2 may have reached between 3500 and 4000 lumen in this setup.

3 Thanks

That pic, djozz :wink: :heart_eyes:

Thank you, I make a fuss getting my pictures right :slight_smile:

To relativize this led/mod, I compared the beam to a Emisar D4 with 95CRI SST-20 leds. The spot size is comparable, and for the rest the D4 beats this S8 on every front: more compact, nicer beam, bit higher beam intensity, way nicer tint and CRI. I see no reason to use the S8 other than maybe if you really like a tail clicky.

This led may be best in multi-led power flashlights or perhaps big refector lights, in single-led EDC setup I do not see it doing better than the current triples or quads with 3535 leds.

Any more info on these LEDs SFN55.2,SFN55.3,SFN60,SFH55,SFP55 etc and where to buy them? I know the SFN55.2 and SFH55 can be bought on AliExpress

A few of them are being sold by KaiDomain.

I literally fell in love with the led called Yinding 5050 or also known as G50 by Haikelite, it is a round led that has a magnificent hotspot, a well distributed spill and that can deliver up to 2000 lumens with a higher luminance than Osram Culpm1.tg, I bought the following lamps produced with this led: Speras M4, Haikelite HT50 and HT50pro and Nitecore MH40S and every time I am amazed by its spectacular launch performance. If anyone knew any other lamp with this led I would like to buy it, I thank in advance who can help me ...

It’s hard led to drive to its full potential. It has high vf for 3V led.

Just upgraded my old Surefire C2 with SFN55.2, brass pill and Convoy 5Amp driver - big increase in lums, still stays cool. I like this new 3v led.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mqfZngy4HXEbZJmt5

Nice mod, where did you manage to get the A6 driver from - that would have been my first choice.

The (BLF-developed) BLF A6 driver was sold by Banggood for years but is now sold out, and I doubt that they will have new ones made.
I have none left either now, I should have bought more at the time because it is a dead simple robust “direct” driver, reasonably efficient and it allows lots of current, and it has a decent UI.

Thanks - I feared as much. I’ve got an alert set up on BG but not holding out too much hope.

Mountain electronics sells a similar version of the FET+1 driver in 17mm and 20mm. Multiple UIs are available on it including Bistro which the A17 is roughly based on. You can also find it on Aliexpress if you look.

Many thanks for the advice - I’ll have a look. Currently using 5A Convoy 17mm driver, which is ok, but would prefer A6 as I can program it with Anduril.

Thinking of upgrading my BLF Q8 with SFQ43 leds - I have a spare mcpcb.

Worth doing?

A6 uses AtTiny13 witch can’t support anduril. Are you going to install AtTiny85 into A6 driver? Don’t think its so easy if even possible.