Would You Feel Safe Using This Headlamp On Top Of Your Head

What do you guys think. Would it be safe using this with 2 good 18650 batteries on your head or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/high-power-CREE-XML-T6-LED-Headlamp-Head-Torch-Lamp-light-1200-lumen-AC-Charger-/280854191080?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416436dbe8

I wouldn’t worry about it. Sweet light.

I consider myself daring enough to use unprotected single 18650 uf-h3 on my head. Two 18650? I'm not that brave. :evil:

Do it!

Well I'll tell you what. I got 2 of these from this seller and they flat ass rock. My sons is brighter than mine. But they will easily throw way over 100yds.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-Q5-LED-5w-Adjustable-Focus-Headlamp-Flashlight-AAA-/150595883455?pt=AU_Sport_Camping_Hiking_Lamps_Torches&hash=item231036d1bf

Let me take a picture for you boys of my sons.

Now this headlamp has a plastic aspheric lens.

This is the Cree Q5 300 lumen one. I paid around $12 shipped.

60yds

Here's a 80yd shot.

This light will smoke the 108 lumen Coleman I just bought..

Ok boys I just bought that XM-L headlamp. That thing ought to kick ass and take names. I got it for $25 shipped.

Are batteries parallel or serial?

parallel

If parallel, then is safe.

I cant imagine this thing being comfortable.. seems unbalanced.

Yes, that is also what I think, I prefer headlamps being as close to our head as possible avoiding the cantilever effect that will cause more weight on the front of our head needing to tight more the elastic band, and even with that it might bounce a bit while we walk or run with it.

I would never have need for 1200 Lm on my head. Seem"s it would be safe enough.

Keith

Looks interesting. I think/hope it's parallel, so I couldn't resist: Ordered one, just to see how good it is.

This is exactly the type of headlamp I've been after! How do we know for sure the batteries are in parallel? Please update this thread when you guys receive them.

-Garry

Parallel cells yes but I would only use them with cells that I have capacity tested and matched. I would only use them with cells I have LSD tested and matched. So matched pairs only.

Series cells no.

Could you provide a link for $25 shipped! Thanks!

:beer: :beer: :beer:

Now I will put it on my head!

Looks like that would keep your head warm on a cold night!