UPDATE: 5/19!! Review: ULTRAFIRE HD2010 from Tmart (warning: lots of pics!!)

coupon code ( 8% ) - INSPIRE
:wink:

So I'm considering replacing the emitter in mine to a new U3 1 C from I/O (not sure, but it appears my original emitter is burned out). Should I buy a 20mm star and file it down slightly? Or should I stick with the 16mm? What would you do?

-Garry

That coupon code seems expired :frowning:

Edit: I contacted Tmart today and they say the Ultrafire HD2010 they sell is unbranded. |(

I have the unbranded HD2010. No external damage but it seems underperforming.

I have change the driver to 9x7135 and dedomed it but still not in range of the ThruNite TN31.

sorry to hear that buddy! this sucks =/

Double Ditto.

My unbranded HD2010 only pulled 1A with the stock driver for some reason, and was a big disappointment.

Within minutes I was disassembling it and replacing the LED with a U3 on copper and a 9x7135 Nanjg. MUCH better now.

Later I discovered a broken solder joint on the tailswitch, and I chalked up the initial low readings up to thatā€¦ but reading your comment makes me wonder.

XinTD C8 V3 here i come!! I know its not as powerful as the Ultrafire HD2010 but i am not going to pull the trigger on the unbranded ones.

If they are selling unbranded Ultrafire HD2010 why not get the Tangsfire version? Those that got them say they are as good as the real HD2010.

http://www.tmart.com/TangsFire-HD2010-CREE-XMLT6-6W-1200LM-5-Mode-Waterproof-Flashlight-Black_p144456.html

I dont think its worth the hassle. dont feel like buying it and having it shipped all the way to me and end up crappy batch

That's apples and oranges!

For as good as an HD2010 could be there's no match with the TN31!

I have both. The Ultrafire branded HD2010 from Tmart and is a good one, measured mine at 3,4A high with a 26650, nice tight hotspot with lot of throw. But Crelant 7G5 throws better, with a smaller brighter hotspot. And TN31 throws better than the Crelant, with an even brighter hotspot. HD2010 Vs TN31 is no match, it's plain unfair. That's in stock form, at least.

I read that you dedomed it. Reading other thread here on BLF, some have better results than others. Myself not tried dedoming yet. Curious but not to the point of ruining a perfectly good light...

According to this reply a fully dedomed HD2010 should be within 10% of the TN31.

But my picture shows a much bigger difference. Can you check if my shots are correct ?

Dear MarioSS,
Do you have order the item (HD2010) on our website before ? If yes,could you please offer me your order number? You can inform me the issue in details,then I can handle it for you as soon as possible.
Thanks for your support and patience in advance.
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Sherry
Tmart.com

Thanks for your interest Sherry! Really appreciate it

Well I contacted Tmart customer representatives 3 times and they did point out the HD2010 you have in stock is unbranded. I guess you ran out of stock of UltraFire HD2010.

Dear MarioSS,I am writing to tell you that the HD2010 which in stock is unbranded.The one we have brand isTangsFire-HD2010. You can check the detail on this link:http://www.tmart.com/search.html?typeid=3330&q=TangsFire-HD2010
If you have any question, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,
Sherry
Tmart.com

Thanks for the review!

Just received my gray color unbranded from Tmart today. I have a black branded one from Tmart as well. The gray ones are just as good as the black branded ones.

I got my gray HD20120 from tmart today. Out-of-package i droppped 26650 in it and everything worked great. Then i cleaned threads and added silicon to o-rings. After this light only worked at HIGH STROBO SOS modes. Really wierdā€¦

Oh well, my plan was to replace the driver, so i did that. I replaced old driver with NANJG 105c driver from intl-outdoor.com . To that driver I also soldered two extra ā€œ7135ā€s. With new driver mode changing is working again and got rid of those flashy-blingbling-modes ( Yea, I hate those ). Current reading from tail-cap is 3.5A now with new driver.

This light really gives some good throw!! wowā€¦
I have two u3-ic leds laying un-used, so maybe iā€™ll swap one of those in this light ā€™cause this reflector really hungers for more lumensā€¦ >)

Could you on your gray HD2010 click through your modes and stop on strobe mode and click off, wait 20 seconds, click back on. What happens?

So i swaped that led to U3 1C and driver is that AMC7135*10.
Hereā€™s a little comparison between this and stock Trustfire A8 from keygos.com
Distance about 80m to that tree. I posted this also here , but wanted to share it here also.

http://oi46.tinypic.com/316x6at.jpg

Mine has perhaps a bug in the software. If the light is turned off at any other mode than high, it wonā€™t turn on after waiting a while. After the first firm click it needs a soft press like changing modes to turn it on at high.

I have an unbranded gray HD2010 from Tmart that just arrived. Iā€™m happy with the light. Draws about 3,2-3,4A from a 18650 (more if I compress the spring) and throws well. Threads are smooth and the quality is very good. (o-rings needed changing to a bit larger and some grease was needes for the o-rings and threads)