$10.99 MXDL SA-16

Chigger pepi - nice mod

How did you get the wire to stick in there?

It’s just press fit, exactly like the original driver. Obviously the 17mm driver was too small, and I needed to make it bigger, so I wrapped the wire around the edge and soldered it to the driver in a few spots. At first it was just a touch too big, so I used the soldering iron to smash down the solder blobs a tiny bit and then it was perfect. I had to push pretty hard to get it in, and it’s not coming out without some prying, which is precisely what I wanted. I’d feel a bit happier if I could have found a way to solder it to the aluminum, but it sounded like a major pain, and I don’t care about the light THAT much.

You know what surprised me the most about this light? The fact that it throws such a tight beam, and it has a tiny plastic reflector! There is very little spill.

My biggest gripe is the fact that the pill is hollow… that’s just dumb. Hopefully at 1.4 amps it won’t get too hot.

Received the MXDL XML zooming cousin or the SZOBM ZY-603 today. The first shipment was lost in transit. Reordered it (after refund) on the evening of 12-16 and received it from Singapore today.

Posted a little info on it at the “What you got today” thread.

On first impression, I like everything about it - though another $5 special would have made it finer! :bigsmile:

Hello to everyone

Get KD MXDL SA-16 is now $5 :bigsmile:

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S020586