$100 Budget MONSTER-Lights w/ 15000+ lumens: Wurkkos TS32-Nichia 519a. Comparison with Chinese POWER-LED Heavyweights: in Haikelite HK05, JKK76, Nightwatch NS59v2 Chaos. (Summary & measurements on P. 1)

Haikelite HKO5 is my next adventure in budget lights with Chinese LEDs. I bought it from Nealsgadgets, at the time on sale for $95 with 3 batteries, dirt cheap lol and meeting my sub-$100 limit. HaikeLite HK05 5*SFN60 30000lm 1000m Thrower Flood LED Flashlight – Nealsgadgets . The lights are available with 3 CCT options: 3000, 5000, and 6500k. Since I already had Jin Heng JKK76 with 6500k LED, for Haikelite I opted for the 5000k version.

This is a HUGE light, dwarfing its friends Jin Heng JKK76 and Wurkkos TS32. During use I had to carry it in my small belt-loop camera bag. Build quality is Wurkkos class, not bad at all. The light is huge, heavy, and feel solid like a rock. I love holding it just for the brick wall solidity. Wonderful for its modest cost.

It has 6 SFN60 LEDs. Its claimed specs are 30000 lm and 1 km throw. These are tremendous numbers for a $100 light. Please expect a hefty discount from specs though. That the beam is floody yet the throw is 824m doesn’t register easily in my mind, but is testament to the brute force output of this light.

1 Thank

Haikelite measurements with TA lumen tube and Opple Pro. The discounts from specs are obvious. 23500 lumen (not 30000) and 823 m throw (not 1 km), using the second best “current-capability” battery I have, Samsung 30T.

In the Nightwatch Chaos changing from Samsung 30T to Nealsgadgets Monster 2170LR increases output about 13%. If I had used that 2170LR or the upcoming Molicel P45B, output for Haikelite would be higher, though I think it would unlikely get to 30000.

The Haikelite has a more floody beam than JKK76 or Nightwatch Chaos, and this results in an absolutely spectacular wall of light. Subjectively the best out of this bunch. Whenever I turn this baby on, I am in awe :slightly_smiling_face: .

HAIKELITE HK05
Throw: 824m w/ Molicel P42a
Ra 70
CCT 5742 Turbo, 5599 Turbo-1
Duv 0.0084 Turbo, 0.0094 Turbo-1
CCT increases and Duv decreases with higher output.
Output:
Samsung 30T 23500 lm
Molicel P42A 20700 lm

Even though the Wurkkos TS32 is my favorite of this group because of its unbeatable Nichia 519a tint, it’s not an all-out win. As with all things in flashlight life :slightly_smiling_face:, there are trade-offs.

One look at the beamshot shows why. HK05 has a gloriously bright wall of light. It “looks” homogeneous because of the floody beam profile, increasing the “wall of light” effect. The whole hillside was LIT.

The throw of 824 m is astounding for a light with a flood beam. Highest in this group and goes to show what a brute force the output is. Check how bright the house on top of the hill is vs Wurkkos TS32. And yes I’ll talk about the green tint next lol.

2 Thanks

Finally available, the Holy Grail (?) of battery, Molicel P45B. Supposed to be the gold standard, ultra-high power (current discharge capability), high capacity 4500 mAh. As opposed to my Neals Lishen which is also ultra high power, but capacity is only 2800 mAh, and Samsung 30T @ 3000 mAh.

This Molicel is the “Grade A” that I’ve been waiting for.

OK… but where are the comparison numbers???
:thinking:

Good question. Mooch has great report. Haukkeli has current measurement. I will be checking lumen output using one of the most blood thirsty flashlights available, the Nightwatch Chaos :slightly_smiling_face: .

More interesting Molicel will be pit against Nealsgadgets LH2170LR Lishen, so far the most “powerful” among all the batteries I have. It should be fun.

1 Thank

Yes that is what I am waiting for. I thought some of your other results did not make sense from what I have seen. Now with a known good fresh cell, I will be interested in seeing your numbers.
I have read other reports (like the ones you linked). But I also read lots of them on the P42A. Which did not fare all that well in your comparison.

Molicel P42A actually NOT bad at all at least in the way that I’m testing (instant on Turbo output with Chaos). It runs neck and neck with the excellent Samsung 40T and outperforms generic batteries, consistent with the general consensus from google search, I think (??). Pls correct me as needed.

In same home test, P42A only lags two batteries known to be very powerful current wise, Samsung 30T and Nealsgadgets LR2170HP Lishen. I believe this is also consistent with previous findings. But yeah, very interesting to see how P45B will perform.

From previous post:
Turbo Output with Nightwatch Chaos:
Nealsgadgets “Mystery” Lishen “LR2170HP”: 29300 lm.
Samsung 30T 25800
Samsung 40T 22900
Molicel P42a 22600
Convoy Liitokala 19300
Wurkkos 5000 mAh 18800

2 Thanks

Fingers crossed for 30k with the P45B

Lol exactly. Bragging rights no more no less.
I’ve also re-tested with Neal’s Lishens so many times; just couldn’t cross 30k, yet.

The famous P45B batteries are here. Currently getting “prepped” for comparison with Neagsgadgets’s Mystery Lishen.

That Lishen has “killed” all my other batteries (Samsung 30T, 40T, P42A) at least in the simple test of Turbo output at Turn-on. Basically, max output @ 1 second.

I have a few blood thristy Monster lights but first order is to see if they could crack 30k lm in my Nightwatch Chaos.

1 Thank

Looking forward to the test results, if they end up beating the lishens then it might not be worth all the effort to get the LR2170LH

Repeating measurements time and again, but so far doesn’t look like it. Outstanding, just doesn’t beat Lishen at turn-on current/power for the Chaos.

On a less demanding light, Wurkkos TS30S Pro, P45B matches or maybe slightly even exceeds Lishen with throw measurements. Both turn-on and 30 second.

With higher capacity, then overall I do think P45B is better than Lishen and the overall “best” battery. Is Lishen with my battery’s exact model number 03BCEA2 available on Aliexpress or some site people in US could buy?

How you made them long enough for Chaos?
Edit: I mean, that if you added some spacer, it adds contact resistance unlike soldered nubbings of Lishens. That might explain why in other case they perform similarily (only 1 battery, same amount contacs) with Lishens and in other they don’t (2 batteries with spacer =more contacts).

1 Thank

Sadly those Lishens aren’t available anywhere that ships internationally, I have tried to buy a similar model on Taobao but no mail forwarder company wanted to deal with batteries.

1 Thank

So only source remains Nealsgadgets with his Nightwatch Chaos? I am glad I took the plunge. I vaguely recall Neal charges and arm and a leg for it but I got it during a huge Christmas sale. Maybe 10 bucks each or something after discount.

I managed to buy an NS59v2 directly from the nightwatch taobao store and it ends up around $30 cheaper than neal (with batteries included), if you can get a good deal for shipping. Seems like I managed to sneak the batteries in as well, they were only $3 more than base price, hopefully it doesn’t get lost in transit.

1 Thank

I’ve been testing P45B versus Neal’s “Mystery” Lishen in Mateminco PD90S w/ Chinese “power” LED SHF55. This light has only one single LED, but it’s a blood thirsty one.

When I run output tests with the Texas Ace lumen tube, the numbers vary within a range and then there is a max value. It’s very clear in both instances (range and max), the Lishen is a class above. About 10% higher.

P45B so far in a few of my monster lights (JKK76, Mateminco, Nightwatch Chaos) equals my next best battery, the Samsung 30T, just not the Mystery Lishen. I am still testing but I will have some numbers coming.

2 Thanks

Great deal. When you get the batteries, careful about using it in other lights. The dome of my Neal Lishen tends to “collapse” once I’ve used it in other single-battery lights. I had it in Mateminco PD30S and Wurkkos TS30S for shootouts, and think the Mateminco with its very strong spring did it.

I notice Nealsgadgets website now lists 2 versions: SFQ60 (mine) and another one with 9 “SSQ55” (must be a typo for SFQ55). Nightwatch NS59v2 9xSFQ60.3 32000lm 2*21700 Flashlight – Nealsgadgets

1 Thank

I’m testing of P45B against Samsung 30T in 2 flashlights that use 3 batteries, Jin Heng JKK76 and Wurkkos TS32S. Neal Lishen is not in this test because I only have 2 of them.

As mentioned, the test is strictly Turbo turn-on output, nothing more. I run test 5 times and up for each light, with fully charged battery and cool down period of 30 minutes or more.

The results show very close performance between these 2 batteries with respect to both range and max values. Essentially identical in Wurkkos TS32S, and slighly more for P45B in JKK76. For example 22,300 lm P45B versus 21,600 lm Samsung 30T.