11.11.15 AliExpress Sale

Seller just told me it’s original, so if fake arrives I have ground for full refund.

I’d say not, seller also has grounds to say it is “original” as per the item current description. All the pictures are shopped to remove the logo. Please also see older reviews of the item - see that it was named “Hugsby” before and now it’s changed. Something forced this change and I’m betting it would be several disputes lost.

All I’m saying is buyer beware.

Aliexpress does have buyer protection. It’s not quite as nice as paypal, but still pretty good. I ordered a Crelant light that came and it was obvious it was a fake, but it was still of decent quality. I opened a dispute and said that my preferred resolution was a refund of $15 (purchase price was $25). The seller never responded to the dispute, so Ali refunded me $15 a week later.

I’m not sure if they only go off the description though, or if they can use messages exchanged as proof also.

They can go off messages exchanged but don’t count on it, always be as descriptive as possible in the actual dispute text.

I’ve got my list started.

Liitokala lii500
2015 New Liitokala lii500 LCD Charger for 3.7V 18650 26650 18500 Cylindrical Lithium Batteries,1.2V AA AAA NiMH Battery Charger Sale US $21.00

3T6
3*T6 5000 Lumens 5 Modes High Power LED Hunting Torch Flashlight Waterproof Portable Flash Light Lamp For 18650 Battery US $19.88

TrustFire 3T6
Waterproof Hunting Equipment TrustFire 3800 Lumen 3x XM-L T6 5-Mode LED Flashlight Tactical Torch Light +Extendable Tube US $20.39

TrustFire Z6
TrustFire Z6 5 Mode 2000 Lumens CREE XM-L T6 LED Flashlight stretchable Adjustable Focus High Brightness Torch Zoomable US $12.38 Free Shipping to United States via ePacket

Bright TrustFire Z6 LED Flashlight Torch XML XM-L T6 1000Lm 5 Modes Adjustable Focus Zoomable camping led flash light US $14.03

Hugsby XP-2
Hot Sale 13.3cm Mini CREE LED Flashlight led torch Pocket Torch Light for hiking camping High light Free shipping US $3.37

Hugsby XP-1
CREE XPE-R3 LED Flashlight Hot Sale High Power led torch Portable Outdoor Camping Tent Mini Pocket US $4.22

Hugsby XP-1 Knockoff
Mini Handy Torch CREE Q5 600 Lumens LED Belt Clip Pocket Flashlight Medical Portable Flash Light,Use AAA Free Shipping US $1.91

Micro USB cable 1 meter.
Micro USB Cable 2.0 Data sync Charger cable For Samsung USB 2.0 cable with 8 MM longer Connetor 100cm US $0.51

2pcs 10mm x 1mm ZWB2 UV Pass Filter
2pcs 10mm ZWB2 Glass Ultra Violet UV Filter Pass Ultra Violet /Block visible light US $10.35 + Shipping: US $2.51 to United States via ePacket

I ordered genuine Hugsby XP-1 and XP-2 from TomTop and LiteTeck before.

Judeldum already linked to LiteTeck.

Hugsby XP-1 from known good seller TomTop for $3.98

Olight S1 Baton for 29.70 USD Extra 2 USD off with seller coupon brings total to 27.70 USD.

Just noticed this filter is really tiny at 10mm. Which light do you fix this to?

Similar pair sized 20mm available at at $17.91 plus shipping, here.

Still, too pricey for me, the Jaxman 365nm light was only $20 with this filter preinstalled in last djozz’s groupbuy.

I was thinking of using a Hugsby XP-2 and XP-1 as host to make UV penlights. I’ll have to measure the lenses first but I think they are 10mm.

I think djozz and I are the only ones here who would do such a thing since we both have been bitten by the UV bug. It’s something that can get expensive because you are always craving for something more powerful or just different.

^ Nice find. That same store has a couple other sizes on 11.11 sale. Like these 20mm lens:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-20mm-ZWB2-Glass-Ultra-Violet-UV-Filter-Ultra-Viole-high-transmittance/32408841306.html

I have the UV bug too, but no moolah to scratch the itch, haha.

Anyway, my list is short, just this soldering iron for $20.77 - $2 rebate = $18.77. Pretty good review in general, this one. The best thing is it take 8 seconds to reach 350C soldering temp, something I really can use.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-precision-936d-LCD-Adjustable-temperature-Digital-Electric-Soldering-station-EU-plug-Replace-HAKKO-936-Soldering/32283996820.html

In my shortlist was also this analog soldering iron, but takes longer to heat up (about a minute). I prefer the rotating temp selector but the the heating time loses it. Same price as above. Just linking in case anyone want to have a look.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/YIHUA-908-60w-electric-iron-soldering-station-thermostat-Pocket-mini-iron-soldering-station/32394066192.html

For other things, maybe a couple of small lights already listed, also cables etc.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-precision-936d-LCD-Adjustable-temperature-Digital-Electric-Soldering-station-EU-plug-Replace-HAKKO-936-Soldering/32283996820.html

Looks very interesting, do i assume right that this takes HAKKO tips?
And how do you adjust the temp? Is it the small yellow thing on the handle?

So how does these coupons work, can we combine the 2$ coupon from the store with the ali coupons we got from exchanging points?

The lens is 3mm thick on those too. I’m waiting for Gearbest and Banggood to start stocking these. The price should be right.

http://world.taobao.com/item/38433811959.htm ¥ 25.00 ( 约USD 3.93?)

Yep, uses regular Hakko 900M tips. Cheap and widely available - another plus for the iron.

Temp is digitally adjustable by the two buttons (yellow/black) by 1 degree, overkill IMO, there’s no real use for that. Not like solder will behave differently at 352C versus 351C.

I don’t know about combining coupons during the sale, AFAIK I think you can only use one, either Seller’s or Ali’s. But we’ll find out on the 11th I guess.

Is this a good one?
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/CREE-LED-UV-Flashlight-SK68-Purple-Violet-Light-UV-395nm-Lamp-free-shipping/32377576570.html

Thanks :slight_smile: Yeah the Hakko tips is a really nice feature.
The crappy station i use now have absolutely horrible tips :frowning: it is a miracle i can solder at all with them, i need to get a iron that can use good tips. Good tips + good flux and solder makes it a pleasure to solder :slight_smile:

Do you know if there is a on/off button? Or do one have to cycle through the temps to 0 to turn off? Or are you suppose to take the plug out? Because at only 8 seconds heat up time i think i would just turn it on right before i need it, instead of like now it has to run for hours because it take so long to get warm when i do need it. And that really wears on the tips also.

No, but these two are.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/S2-black-UV-365nm-flashlight-nichia-365UV-in-side/330416_32515105965.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/convoy-UV-365nm-flashlight-nichia-led-inside/32405584869.html

Same here, I have wasted enough money buying non-standard irons, once the tip is gone, soldering becomes a &*^# job. Then this hobby becomes just a chore and headache. Nowadays I’ve worn out my Hobbyking portable iron tip, non-standard, it destroys everything it touches.

I hope getting this 936d will be a turning point to enjoy the hobby again. :slight_smile:

As for turning ON/OFF, I believe you need to switch the mains off. No problem with me as all sockets here have individual switches.

In general you can use seller coupon + Ali coupon on same purchase. Seller coupon is used first, so if the item is $21 you will be able to use $2 sellers coupon that will bring the price down to $19, and then $2 off $19 Ali coupon. If the price is $20, sellers coupon will bring the price down to $18 and you won’t be able to use ali coupon. If after applying both coupons (ali and sellers) the final price is over $149 you also get a fixed discount of $15.

In your case the sellers coupon is $2 off $199, so you won’t be able to use it (unless you’re planning on buying 10 irons ;))

Yeah good point :slight_smile: i missed that they wanted you to spend $199 to get $2 lol.

I often ask for a discount if i buy several items from the same shop at ali, and i often get good discounts so a 1% off coupon really are a ridiculous bad “deal”.

But the 11.11 discount are a good one though :slight_smile: