[15-DEC-2011] BLF is on a new web host

Zip! Zoom! Zowie! To the moon!

Thanks!

It may be the Placebo effect or whatever but it does seem faster. Like Don, I usually didn't have a problem until it stalled completely.

Also, most of us probably are not infinitely wealthy but I certainly would be willing to help as much as I could, if necessary. This is much more than merely a forum to me. Doesn't have to be all on you, SB.

It's been fun being here since the cz days when we sometimes had to use a proxy to log on. I remember SB worrying about the difficulty of moving over to .com and we were all sweating it and then when he finally did it, it was so easy we didn't even notice. It was only a year ago when the new posts, when I came home from work, wouldn't even be a half page and now it's often two pages.

Man, I ramble too much.

shutupFoy

Thanks Foy! We're really glad to have you here.

Thanks for all the effort Mr.Admin.

Seems like a long time since I first signed onto BLF ....

I think I had just placed an order from DX at the time .

hopefully it should be here any day now :P

patientboaz

Thanks for going to a new host. After you did, I couldn't get here, at home or at work. Can't do any cache clearing at work and it didn't work at home. When I got home tonight it finally went through, but don't know why. Don't know about work, I wouldn't want to ask about it there, since I'm not supposed to be looking at a forum at work. Embarassed

At least I finally got here, better late than never.

Thanks again for changing hosts. It's much faster than the old host.

Hi there Old-lumens, glad you made it. Thanks for your patience! I saw your post over on the the blogspot status page, and I was wondering when the new address would finally propagate over in your neck of the woods.

It’s been Eons ago, but I thought it used to take 24 hours for the change and up to 72 hours in some places. I imagine it’s faster now, that was back when we still had incandescent light bulbs, water to drink, trees, wildlife and jobs.

Really thankful for all you do to provide this site for us. Some of us rejects would not have any other place to go.

Nice to be back.

Damn. Too fast for a budget forums :D Need a slower host please.

Well I can tell a big difference.

Thanks.

Posted this over at the status blog and thought I'd repost it here, JFYI.

Just an FYI, I can post again using Chrome. For some reason, the latest stable version of Chrome combined with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit refused to let me enter anything in the comment field. Even after clearing cache, restarting the browser, restarting the pc...nada. I just uninstalled it and installed the latest beta version of Chrome and all is well again.

Got this just a few seconds ago.

Site off-line

The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.

If you are the maintainer of this site, please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.

The mysql error was: User sb73542_dbbudget already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

Same here

I dont have any problems with the site, but my Avast antivirus tells there is something going on here! I got some message that they blocked adserver.cz.cc/redir2/?www.register-domain-names.me

and I remember that budgetlight was on cz.cc as well..

dont know if this has to do with the new host.. or there is some MAL stuff going on

Hmmm, that's not good. Anybody else observed this? Please make note of the date and time if you run into this again. I've already contacted the new host about this.

Thanks for the help!

I do have some options to optimize a few elements on the site or to run a separate mySQL server instance under my account. But first I'd like to know approximately how often this is occurring and for how long.

Thanks guys.

Happened just once to me so far. Refreshed after a few seconds and it works fine since then.

I got this about 10 minutes ago. Tried again few minutes later and things were fine.

Site off-line

The site is currently not available due to technical problems. Please try again later. Thank you for your understanding.

If you are the maintainer of this site, please check your database settings in the settings.php file and ensure that your hosting provider's database server is running. For more help, see the handbook, or contact your hosting provider.

The mysql error was: User sb73542_dbbudget already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections

I had been getting the same error for the past few minutes. All works fine now though.