19.79$ shipped - Sysmax Nitecore Intellicharge i4 V2

Well.. That's a tough question. I bet they can't go any lower in next weeks sale. In fact, the price can go up (because of the high demand created by this thread :)).

Buy one now and another next week (if it's cheaper). Then you can sell the other one to someone in Germany for, hmm, 30 euros? ;)

Is the offer still active?

i am newbie to charger but why would u pay 20$ when u can get imax b6 or turnigy accucell for not much more and has much more features ?

Should be valid until the end of this month. (and worked for me less than two days ago)

I just ordered one and got the discount, so it’s still on :slight_smile:

Got mine! 8)

hmmm let´s see if they do with their prices the same than on Christmas……… That was very good. The best from Dino!

Hahaha, que crack el tio :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Just ordered one, I’m excited to see how it works!

> why would u pay 20$ when … turnigy accucell …?

I have been using an Accucel 6 and it’s fine — but it requires resetting the amperage for each different battery I charge, remembering the safe enough power setting for each battery, attaching clips with magnets to each battery, charging one at a time, and for larger batteries resetting it at least once when it times out and beeps, a safety feature that’s a backup in case a battery doesn’t get detected as full to avoid continuing to charge it.

All those are features, and give me somewhat more confidence using the Accucel indoors and walking away from it while it’s operating.

In particular, being able to drop the battery into a fireproof bag with the wires through the Velcro flap is a safety feature for the Accucel.
And when it’s done or timed out, it starts beeping loudly for me to come pay attention to it.
Even if I’m fairly careless, if I go through all the steps it requires, it gets it done right.

A charger like the Sysmax or any of the other inexpensive cradle-type chargers
— charger approximately almost follow the correct charging algorithm, but terminate without using the standard method
— charge more than one battery at a time
— charge different kinds of batteries, and
— wouldn’t be safe operating in a fireproof bag without most likely overheating (haven’t tried that, wouldn’t try that) — is a whole different approach.

I can put a cradle-type charger like the Sysmax in a metal box, outdoors on concrete, and with reasonable safety let it charge multiple cells at a time — with much less thought and hassle than using the Accucel, and with fair confidence it’ll do the right thing for me. As long as I remember (from the review linked above) what to do, for example:
“With 10440 LiIon cells the charge current is too high and
Sysmax/NiteCore recommend always to charge two batteries together, to reduce the current….
one channel is handling slot #1 and #3, the other channel is handling slot #2 and #4
which means I put the two batteries into, uh, I’d have to think about which slots to use to charge two “together”

(Or I can put a cradle-type charger on my desk on a pile of loose papers with the curtains blowing over it and walk away, take a nap, and think, “hey, what could go wrong, I’m always a lucky guy ….”

It’s what they call a “moral hazard” — it gets you a benefit, with the temptation to try for excess benefit by taking unreasonably higher risk. Ask any mortgage banker about that.

So, yeah, I bought one.

gj hank xD

mmh I have the finger on the trigger… come in bundle with power supply and/or a car adapter?

The picture shows an AC power wall wart.

No car adapter in this package, near as I can see. Dino folks can confirm.

Just use a 12VDC cigarette-lighter cord to fit the charger, those are easy to find. Need to know the diameter and pin size for the socket on the charger.

Aside — I’d guess it would be smart to unplug this charger (like any electronics or LEDs) while starting or stopping the engine on a vehicle.

Any vehicle DC electrical system can have really huge brief voltage spikes.

I remember learning this when I first put LEDs in the cabin lights in my car — it’s commonly said to be a big problem.
I’ve always turned all the cabin LEDs off before starting the engine, and none of them have failed.

I can confirm that: No car adapter included.

Show me this!!! :wink:

Why you I paid $20? Because I paid $25 for the first one, and crazy about this charger. It does everything it supposed to do, and does it in style.

When the price went to $19.79 shipped, I had to buy another one.

Now, you are saying there is something out there for $20 better than this??? And this one won’t stay at 20 long.

Well, show me the BEEF!! :bigsmile:

Hobby chargers has many more options and are fine if you want to charge many different sizes and also like to test batteries, but as a regular charger for a couple of LiIon and NiMH they are not ideal.

They do not include a cradle, you have to make your own and you also has to do your own wiring. You can check my article about what a hobby charger is.

I do often use hobby chargers for my LiIon batteries, but seldom for NiMH batteries.

HJK’s article is excellent on hobby charger use. That ought to be pinned at the top of the BLF home page with a pointer somehow.

Mine arrived today (15 days since ordering), and charged up 2 14500 cells to 4.2/4.19 after resting, in just over 2 hours. Bit easier than my 4Sevens, which only charged them to about 4.08.

So, thanks again Kreisler. I’d be tempted to get another one, but my wife just asked me “how many chargers do you have?”, and I lied, and said 3. Well, the MP1 came with a light, so that doesn’t count, and the Uniross one is just crap.

I'm still waiting to see a good 20$ hobby charger with power plug included..

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I will feel real useless with one of those hobby chargers. I be charging 26650, 18650, AAA, AA, and banging 4 of them at a time. With one of those hobby chargers, I would be fumbling around, wires, etc. I think the hobby charges have their place, but it ain’t here!! :wink:

> a good 20$ hobby charger with power plug

Well, don’t be fooled, the hobby chargers have been copied/counterfeited, you don’t want to end up with cheap and likely unsafe.
Note what you use on hobby chargers is a standard PC power brick, not a “plug” — you likely have several around the house already. I use one left over from an old flat screen, rated for 6 amps on my Accucel 6; it could handle a lot higher amperage but I don’t need it. I have others in the 5-6 amp range from older external hard drives. And those are good quality UL-rated equipment (remember you can look up the UL number next to the UL icon at the UL site — those get counterfeited as well.

Be safe. The tradeoff is “what’s the worst thing that could happen” if you save money buying something unsafe.