19.79$ shipped - Sysmax Nitecore Intellicharge i4 V2

Got mine yesterday. Stuck 2 18650’s in it. Damn slow to charge. Forgot about it went to bed. -Woke up when smoke alarm went off. House on fire etc. Wonder if I will get a giftcard for 500K. :open_mouth: (worse case scenario)

No fire. Both batts charged to 4.17v. I am gifting this one to a friend.

Did try a rechargeable 1.5 v battery. edit (AA VARTA NIMH 1.2V) Seemed to take hours. Pulled it out and it was 1.41 volt and very very hot. Is a versatile charger but I prefer others.

I am interested on how it performs charging eneloops. 1A for me is too much. I always charge at 0.5A or less

So if you put 2 10440's on the same rail they will get charged @375mA, which is ok?

That would not be wise I suspect

They need less than 375mA?

This is why I am asking, I also read HKJ's review, and if I understood correctly, putting 2 batteries on the same rail (#1 & #3), they each get 375mA. I would think that for 10440's 375mA would be ok...

That is correct

So just to clarify this, charging one 10440 is obviously a no-go, but putting a pair on the same channel (#1 & #3) charges them @375mA each, and that's ok?

Quote from HKJs review:

"Notice the bump in charge current just before the charger stops. This is because the second slot for that charge channel finished first and the full current is directed to the first slot where the measuring equipment is connected."

Its not an 10440 charger I guess. Unless both cells are pretty similar, then the current would only be (maybe) to high in the CV phase. HKJ said it has a termination current of 44mA. That should be ok, but you might lose some capacity.

Depending on the difference in initial charge, you might have reached the CV phase, where the current is lower, but if not, you will get 750mA.

You will also see in my review that I do not recommend using 10440 batteries in the charger and has marked them in red in the "supported battery sizes" list.

Thanks for the clarifying this HKJ!

> a rechargeable 1.5 v battery
what chemistry would that be?

Just to clarify it one more time, if I charge two cells (2x 18650 eg) at the same time, it would be better to put them in slot 1&3, right?
So it is actually better to charge the cells in pairs of two, instead of 4 at the same time?

If I understood correctly, using 1&4 or 2&3 would be the same. [Except that 2 x 26650 can simultaneously fit 1&4, but not 2&3 - that's why I use 1&4]

Why would I pay $20 for this charger?

Imagine carrying this setup while you are traveling:

8)

C9000 is a slow charger? :bigsmile: You must be kidding, right? My BC700 can charge @.7A max, but C9000 can charge up to 2A! My old Varta charger IS slow - 16 h.! :bigsmile:

On topic: I think this Intellicharger is an awesome charger, especially for 20 bucks. One charger to rule them all :smiley:

Good point. :exmark:

It is only with 10440 the current is too high, with other types of batteries you can always use slot #1 and #4 for the first two batteries.

He probably meant Nimh with a nominal voltage of 1.2 but it is possible he is talking about NiZn which do have a nominal voltage of 1.5.

Usually I use slot 1 and 3 when I am doing a pair of 26650 or a pair of 18650s. Also, I have put a 26650 cell 1, 18650 cell 2, aaa cell 3, and aa in cell 4. I wait for all the light to go to 3 non blinking. Everything works. I have noticed that if a cell is not fully discharged, it will take less time to charge…

Also, it has detected a bad cell too.

I am a happy camper! :wink: