26650 3.7v 7200mah UltraFire - guaranteed to not have 7200mAh - what to do?

I did buy 10x 26650 3.7v 7200mah UltraFire batteries on a e-bay auction. (like this auction here) I paid £22 (around $34) total. Free shipping.
But after I won the auction I asked him if the rating is correct. And he suddently offered me two choices: A full refund, or two extra batteries.

I can see on this test from Fasttech that the actual rating is 3500 mAh for this type. (the test here…)

So the price I have paid is around $3.4/pcs. If I get two extra the price will be $2.8/pcs. I will use this batteries for my self only in flashlights.

Should I get the full refund, and buy a few better batteries, or will the price at $2.8/pcs for 3500 mAh be OK?
Or do I ask for some more batteries, making the price even lower?

Any advice, I have to reply to the seller within the next 8-10 hours.

simple dont buy chinese junk

Yeah, but still. It’s only for my personal flashligts (have a few). Nothing more. Will 3500mAh be good enough? I see the price for quality 26650 can be as high as $12/pcs (sure higher then that also). So $2.8/pcs for 3500mAh is still to high? What other cons are there with cheap china batteries, beside the false mAh rating?

I wouldn’t trust “Fasttech tested” capacities. Even if they were correct, the risk of low quality cells is not worth $7 in savings per cell.

Get the full refund and buy some better batteries instead…

Ok, so a full refund then…if nobody else has something else to say?

It’s been my experience that the higher the (fake) rating, the worse the batteries. I’ve seen some UF 18650’s claiming to be 4000mA only having 600, AND that was when they were brand new. They went downhill FAST from there.
JUNK!!! > Take the refund. These claims are merely bait to get you trapped. You are better off with a couple good batteries than a mess of this junk, tempting as it seems.
Go with the recommendations of the people that have walked this road and won’t do it again.

“Only YOU can help prevent Ultrafire”.

[What the hell you going to DO with 12x 22650 batteries?]

+1

+2

Dude, I've bought the cheapies before, and very often, you won't even have the bare-minimum capacity of 3,500. In fact, you may have about 2,000 or less. I've had 18650 GTLs with something like 700 mah and many DOA. You live and learn. I used to think they were good deals, but not only are they NOT not deals, but they can actually be dangerous. Get the refund and invest in your light addiction with good batteries!

I will ask for a full refund.

Can somebody point me to some good quality 26650 batteries then. I only will need 4 or something.
Is King Kong, Keeppower, MNKE or VAPpower any good?

Just go into this forum thread and start browsing:
http://budgetlightforum.com/forum/batteries/rechargeable?page=1

With all the UltraFire batteries adulterated with mystery powder out there, I’m surprised that the drug cartels haven’t thought about getting into the battery business. :zipper_mouth_face:

I use and love these...

http://www.illumn.com/26650-keeppower-5200mah-protected-high-discharge-flat-top.html

And these...

http://www.illumn.com/26650-king-kong-icr26650-4000mah-flat-top.html

I'd recommend them fully.

Don't give them any ideas! :-p

I find these Soshine batteries to be good and cheap, 4 for $32.
www.dx.com/p/soshine-26650-3-7v-5500mah-li-ion-batteries-w-pcb-protection-black-4-pcs-366121#.VZg1Zuo4W2c

You wanna buy my car?
It gets 200 mpg, honest… :slight_smile:

Only 200 mpg?

Mine is solar charged. mpg. I'll make you a limited time super deal on it!

I did never think that the batteries had 7200mAh, but my question was if it worth to pay $2.8/pcs for 3500mAh?
So you can spare you for the “unlimited” jokes, for that was never my intention. But I needed some 26650 batteries, and got them on a auction, and then I came here to this forum to get advice, what to do.

I have ask the seller to cancel the order. And I have followed some of the links in this thread, and just got my self 4 x Soshine 5500 mAh batteries, with a actual rating of 5300. 4 x will do for now.

Sorry, my joke wasn’t meant as mean or anything. Plus it was travis I was trying to sell my solar car to. :slight_smile:

My favorite shop for batteries is mtnelectronics but I didn’t suggest them since they are usa based, I don’t know how the shipping cost would be.