26650 3.7v 7200mah UltraFire - guaranteed to not have 7200mAh - what to do?

It’s been my experience that the higher the (fake) rating, the worse the batteries. I’ve seen some UF 18650’s claiming to be 4000mA only having 600, AND that was when they were brand new. They went downhill FAST from there.
JUNK!!! > Take the refund. These claims are merely bait to get you trapped. You are better off with a couple good batteries than a mess of this junk, tempting as it seems.
Go with the recommendations of the people that have walked this road and won’t do it again.

“Only YOU can help prevent Ultrafire”.

[What the hell you going to DO with 12x 22650 batteries?]

+1

+2

Dude, I've bought the cheapies before, and very often, you won't even have the bare-minimum capacity of 3,500. In fact, you may have about 2,000 or less. I've had 18650 GTLs with something like 700 mah and many DOA. You live and learn. I used to think they were good deals, but not only are they NOT not deals, but they can actually be dangerous. Get the refund and invest in your light addiction with good batteries!

I will ask for a full refund.

Can somebody point me to some good quality 26650 batteries then. I only will need 4 or something.
Is King Kong, Keeppower, MNKE or VAPpower any good?

Just go into this forum thread and start browsing:
http://budgetlightforum.com/forum/batteries/rechargeable?page=1

With all the UltraFire batteries adulterated with mystery powder out there, I’m surprised that the drug cartels haven’t thought about getting into the battery business. :zipper_mouth_face:

I use and love these...

http://www.illumn.com/26650-keeppower-5200mah-protected-high-discharge-flat-top.html

And these...

http://www.illumn.com/26650-king-kong-icr26650-4000mah-flat-top.html

I'd recommend them fully.

Don't give them any ideas! :-p

I find these Soshine batteries to be good and cheap, 4 for $32.
www.dx.com/p/soshine-26650-3-7v-5500mah-li-ion-batteries-w-pcb-protection-black-4-pcs-366121#.VZg1Zuo4W2c

You wanna buy my car?
It gets 200 mpg, honest… :slight_smile:

Only 200 mpg?

Mine is solar charged. mpg. I'll make you a limited time super deal on it!

I did never think that the batteries had 7200mAh, but my question was if it worth to pay $2.8/pcs for 3500mAh?
So you can spare you for the “unlimited” jokes, for that was never my intention. But I needed some 26650 batteries, and got them on a auction, and then I came here to this forum to get advice, what to do.

I have ask the seller to cancel the order. And I have followed some of the links in this thread, and just got my self 4 x Soshine 5500 mAh batteries, with a actual rating of 5300. 4 x will do for now.

Sorry, my joke wasn’t meant as mean or anything. Plus it was travis I was trying to sell my solar car to. :slight_smile:

My favorite shop for batteries is mtnelectronics but I didn’t suggest them since they are usa based, I don’t know how the shipping cost would be.

We're just messin' with ya, my friend. We've all made the same mistakes tons of times.

You should really love the Soshine batts. I've always been impressed by them.

You will be much more satisfied, much more.

The guys are just playing. You’re newbie and newbie’s tend to ask questions that have been asked somewhere between 10 and 1000x. I found those links to 26650’s in about 2 minutes….once you know what to look for and how to look. You are smart and fortunate to have come here before you got into the ‘junk’ too deeply. Look at some of HJK’s review on a multitude of products, including batteries. Bookmark his home site. When in doubt, if he hasn’t reviewed it, I likely won’t buy it. There is a lot of poor quality junk out there.

Thank you for all your advice. Now I will just have 4 26650 batteries, from Shoshine. And I don’t need more then that. Will concentrate me about 18650 batteries.

Its not worth it, because they aren’t $2.8/3500mAh, its a roll of the dice what you get for $2.8, likely many different capacities too, some 3500, some 1000, some 2200, one dead… all of which would be dangerous if used in series. Even if you lucked out and got all 3500mAh batteries, they may die early. I got Trustfire 26650s quite a while ago, and even though they did at first do very well and they arent as bad as Ultrafires, (this was before there were a lot of bad Trustfire 26650s turning up), I’ve still had 3 of them so far get hot when charging. I throw them out when that happens, but I’ve had zero KingKongs that I use at higher discharge rates do this and I’ve switched to almost exclusively using them for a while now.

But you don’t know what flashlights he has, maybe they are those POLICE 30000W sets with mains charger, car charger, two 3x overrated cells, weapon mount and remote switch, all in a gift box for 10$ J)

I do not have any high end flashlights either, but I have flashlights that year after year, in –25c and +40c (Norwegian winter, etc I always have one in my car, that stand out in the cold all winter, and always workes when I need it) (and the +40 on my trips to India)has worked and worked, and the only time on brakes, is when I drop it on a rock or something.
You will be chocked now, but my favorite flashlight, that meet my need, is Ultrafire WF-501B, most of my flashlights is so old that they are real Ultrafire, and not the fake ones I got some years later when I ordered some more.
I just also changed the light bulb in them to the newest Cree XM-L2 2200 lumen, they was rated at 900 lumen at the most before.

Did buy some 3000 lumen flashlights on Ebay last months, from two different sellers. Using Cree XM-L. But they where fake, and my old 900 lumen flashlight is MUCH brighter then the 3000 lumen.
But of course, I paid like $3-4 per flashlight, so I knew the change of getting a real flashlight was slim, but hoped for better light then my 8 year old flashlights (before I changed the bulb in them)