3 volt XHP50.2

I really want to try one of these in an X6. I’m sure Dale will do it.

I also had thoughts of using an X6 but I only have one and it’s a triple that I use quite extensively.
Is there a triple mcpb available for these that would fit the X6 as well as optics?

I want to try it in a FET driven Convoy M1

I would also look at the Jaxman X1 or X1S (you can get them with SMO or OP reflector).
To bad his new X6 Hunter is a 2S battery configuration.

Regarding your sig line, I think a D80 would work well too.

Random question, would a single XHP 50 get hotter than a triple XPL or XML?

Yup, my second choice would be a D80 :slight_smile:
Anyway, the triple XHP50 in my Amutorch X9 will rock !

It’s 4x XP-G3 dies if you need something to compare it to.

Host wise i have a M1 a LuckySun D80 a Convoy C8+ and a Jaxman X1 (with extension tube and 6V MZ led + driver waiting to be assembled) at home. And now 2 EaglEye X6 are on the way.
So i have to choose. But i also have everything i would need to mod the Q8 ready at home.

I made an Old X6 Hunter with an L2 battery tube.

“STUBBY”

“Stubby” is in a better place now…. :cry:

So it needs an orange peel reflector to avoid artifacts, kind of like the old MCE or SSC P7 emitters (ahhh, the good ol’ days (; )?

I have only used a few XHP50.2’s and none were this 3V. I’m waiting for people to report about reliability.

No, the 50.2 and 70.2 work pretty well in an SMO reflector.

The old XHP50, on the left, created a dark spot in the middle of the beam. The newer design, on the right, creates a pretty smooth hot spot.

Pic by Steel_1024

Awesome, thanks! I really want to try one of these.

Sofirn SP33(1*XHP50) is much colder than Sofirt C8F (3*XP-L):
Sofirt C8F (990Lm) - 58°C 20 minutes later.
Sofirt SP33(1000Lm) - 41°C 20 minutes later.

Nice, thanks.

@KawiBoy1428
Would be very cool if the L2 tube fits also the new X6 Hunter (looks more like a X1 with sideswitch).
What do you think would a dcfix foil in front of the Q8 withstand the heat from the 4 XHP50?
One of my 4 VTC6 is going bad. So i am searching for a new set of 4.
But which one should i take?

Samsung INR18650-30Q 3000mAh - 15A - 18650 - Li-ion - Rechargeable batteries | NKON (with only 15A max discharge they are on the threshould when using 4 XHP50)
https://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/18650-size/sony-us18650vtc6.html
Sony / Murata US18650VTC5A 2600mAh - 35A - 18650 - Li-ion - Rechargeable batteries | NKON

I have a 32mm boost driver on hand and I am planning to make a triple XHP50.2 Avaritia NA40SE. Now a straight emitter swap would do. :slight_smile:

So I can use a fet driver for this Led? I was planning to use it in the new convoy s11.

Seems so. In fact, I think if you used lower current there are probably several better LED choices. Being a hot rod is probably the only niche this LED has since it’s low CRI and the beam is not very even. It’s not overly throwy or floody so it doesn’t really have a niche there either.