3 volt XHP50.2

Tested the 3v XHP50.2 with the same 19amp 30T, had to add 2 copper rings to the head end to fit the tail cap on with out crushing anything…. the results…the first hit 4220lm, second hit (battery must of warmed up :smiley: ) 4260lm.

OK I’m done… :slight_smile:

Not bad at all, so an XM-L capable of ~3k+ lumens with ease. I would rock that assuming a good tint can be found.

Ha ha, we all do this from time to time.
M4D M4X recently burned his gray table cover testing lights in a video.
I made a video showing how to set the thermal step down in NarsilM using my mini L6 and pointed the light at a dark blanket to keep from over exposing the camera lens. It started smoking. I posted the video anyway. It was funny. Lol

I always use white paper when I’m testing amp draws, but sometimes you just don’t think about it, then smoke!!! :disappointed:

Shipping seems to top out at £22.
welight was supposed to be offering a shipping deal but is giving my message inquiry the rubber ear for some reason :smiley:

Right, a few have left the GB, KD is out of stock, no answer to to my questions about the 3B emitter on 16mm & 20mm MCPCB’s.

I’m still willing to help you guys out with a small GB so will we try this again?

Hi CRX

I had contacted our supplier. We only get White 6500K version in current.

I am sorry the Cree XHP50.2 K2 1D had sold out.

We have another new wheel of 3V XHP50.2 LED in current.

3V Cree XHP50.2 K2 2A White 6000K LED Emitter

I will keep in seeing the other color temp.

Thank you

Ban

Cool :+1:

Can someone recommend a good 18650 e-switch host and driver for a build like this, ideal small like my favorite convoy s2+! I think may be fun to build a super powerful single led flashlight like kawiboy!

No sure what you mean, I said I would create the 3b on these 2 boards, this is now on the site as promised. I can offer a flate AUD20 ship rate for all these
Cheers
Mark

Ok, didn’t notice that. I did send you a message.

yes got your PM and advised I would add these board options
Cheers
Mark

@crx
Please add me with 4 bare 3B emitters. My Q8 needs a power update. Usually i take 1 more than i need in case i screw something up. But money is a bit tight. So i will have to risc it.
I have a hard time lying in this hospital bed, not able to do some really nice work on some flashlights.
But its looking better than last week. So i might be ready when the parts come in.
I am thinking about the Q8 driver. Would it be better (from a efficiency point) to go with a driver which uses more channels and a bank of 7135?
I like the higher output of the XHP50 but i use this light a lot and would like to get good runtimes on the lower levels.

I didn’t want to miss out in case this group buy doesn’t go through so I ordered a bunch from KD. Another tint though, 2A? I wonder how many more tints are going to show up?

I’m still on for some 3Bs and 1Ds if this group buy works out though, but I’d change my order once again.

3 x bare 3B
2 x 16mm 3B
2 x 20mm 3B
3 x bare 1D
2 x 16mm 1D
2 x 20mm 1D

These numbers will stand unless yet another tint option pops out. Will pay up front of coarse!

I just ordered qty 4 of the 2A's fro KD - sure they will go fast as well.

I wonder if we’re going to see higher CRI variants.

@Docc, if you use the Q8 a lot I would consider leaving it stock, with the XP-L 3D emitters it is a well balanced flashlight with good tint, with 3V XHP50.2 3B leds it does have the impressive output on highest level, but on all other levels you have a worse tint, slight donut, more tint shift over the beam and less throw.

I’m doing the mod because I have more than 1 Q8 (4), so there are at least 2 to play with.

Btw, on KD’s description of the 2A XHP50.2 it says “seal date 18-aug-2018”. Was the 3V XHP50.2 even announced then?

According to archive.org - on the 16th of August it was not. 18th? Probably not.

Thanks djozz
Because i usually need a more fooldy light i use dcfix on the front of my Q8 (if i could get one i would buy a OP reflector for it). I think this also would help with the XHP50 (if the dcfix foil can withstand the power of 4 XHP50). My main concern is that the light is draining the batteries faster.
Damn that Sofirn cancled the extension tube and instead brings out a new light similar to the Q8 with the extension. . .

Just to confirm Cree has shipped our latest order, so delivery Monday. Both K2 Flux bins
XHP50B-0-1D0-K20-A0-0-02
XHP50B-0-1A0-K20-A0-B-02
Cheers
Mark

I got some more emitters and 20mm MCPCBs from adventure sports today, thanks Matt!

3v XHP50.2 in an L2 host

Threw it all in an L2 host. Way better heat handling.

Got 3,220 lm at turn on and 3,060 at 29s (before stepdown).

Gotta charge the shockli I have in there though. Pretty sure it wasn’t topped off.

Anybody know where I can find an OP reflector that fits the L2? Kaidomain had a close one, but not exactly the right size.