3 volt XHP50.2

I just wish they had a 3D tint for these. Or better yet 5A

+1

The light I built off an Q8, Ham’r, had an SST-40 in the center of 4 Angie quads… that SST-40 failed once again. So I rebuilt it with the 3V XHP-50.2 in the center. I now show 21,200 lumens on the Samsung 25S cells. There is a visible hot spot once again, with this 50.2 sitting in a 20mm reflector surrounded by the quads. Works out pretty well, this emitter should be able to handle whatever this light has to offer it so I hope to not have to change it out again. lol

Oh wow. That beamshot...

I think that beam made a few trips around the ugly tree, and never missed a branch.

do you mean Cree is producing them in 1X and 2X tint only? :s

by the way, maybe it was already posted, but here is the 2A at a good price: http://kaidomain.com/search&search=xhp50.2

Cutter has 1A, 1D and 3B, Kaidomain has 2A and sold out of 1D, Adventure Sport Flashlights has 1D.

At the moment 2a is the best I have seen. The coolest I could stand would be 3A, 3D would be much better.

According to the datasheet the 3v version will only come in 1, 2 and 3 tint bins.

I see… i’ll wait for some 3 tint then, thanks :wink:

Flip chip cool white 70 cri tint snobs? OK…

I think the 1A/1D variants are great slice and dice candidates. Haven’t tried them yet myself.

The sliced 3B from Cutter seemed too warm to me for the moments before the heat separated a lousy solder job (I’m half blind) in my S2+ w/A6 driver. I swapped a domed 3B in its place. It has a bluish cool, but not too far off natural white. Sucker gets hot on turbo. Haven’t measured amps or anything. It’s an improvement in my book. I like it. That heat tho…

I was thinking of ordering an Amutorch AT40 and putting this LED in it to make a Mule out of it. Biggest issue will be that everything in the head is glued on the light. others have had luck using heat to break down the light.

Is the Amutorch set up with parallel emitters or series? That could play a big role in your intended mod…

Edit: They’re parallel so that should work with your 3V 50.2, might would be interesting to add the 50.2 into the middle and go mule with all 5 emitters running… gotta get in first of course. :wink:

Not sure, guess I will need to find out. There is a thread where someone broke it down extremely well. I will look.

There is a real good pic of the MCPCB on Bangood. I cant tell just because I don’t know. Maybe you could take a look.

I modded the AX3 - really like the twin LED setup. The X9 is another sweet light - plan is for triple 3V XHP50.2's - not sure if I did this already??

Ohhh, guess I did -- yes, all in parallel for these:

This is what I did for the AX3:

Will anyone be doing a test graph for this? Really want to see how robust and powerful this emitter is

It should be the same as the XHP50.2 6v version, just with half the voltage and double the current of the tests you see for the 6v version.

Ah gotcha. Thanks. I don’t trust my lumen box so much with the ceiling bounce app because I noticed it fluctuates for some reason. No idea if it’s because of my phone or something, which is why I wanted to see a graph so I can kinda get a more accurate guess for the output.

Do yourself a favour and buy a cheap luxmeter instead of using your phone’s ambient light sensor as a luxmeter, even the ultra budget Uni-T UT383 luxmeter is miles better than the meter on your phone. Just found it on aliexpress for under 10 dollar shipped: Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com

Yep, definitely will be getting one. I looked at some earlier today and realized they’re not that expensive. Thanks for your help!