3 volt XHP50.2

Beamshot ? :smiling_imp:

Here was mine in my Emisar D1…19A !

Look at those interconnecting wires. I don’t think that LED is still working.

Those wires are for ESD protection IIRC…
The LED is a flip chip, the bond wires are under the dies/phosphor

Just checked in the XHP 70.2 dedoming topic, you could be right.
I thought this has something to do with that this is a 3V version, so different wiring is needed under the LEDs.

So, beamshot please :smiley:

38A…that’s some serious current. I don’t recall ever seeing this much from a single cell. And very few times from multiple cells.
I see springless contact on the driver. What’s at the tail? Any more info on the build?

19A in a D1!!! I’m actually scared of how hot that would get or i’d do it. (Or an M1 like Capital.) Can’t bring myself to go smaller than a C8 (yet :smiling_imp: ) and even that’s because i have a copper pill for it.

Didn’t get a beam shot, though that would have been the sensible (if headachy) thing to do. Might put it back together later and have a go but in the meantime how about a couple of die shots:

I’m suprised by how much light comes out the side (though probably not as suprised as you are that any light comes out at all :smiley: )

Emisar D4 draws 19A with 219C. Hot but not scary. D1 is larger, maybe not enough to become a cold rod but should last more than 6 seconds.

Installed 3v XHP50.2 6000k in my FT03. Easy swap from SST-40. Getting a little over 3000 lumens. Very nice larger hot spot and spill. Pulls 10 amps at tail. I hope the driver can take it. Was pulling 6.5 amps with SST-40.

The driver should be fine, it is using one of my TA designs.

It should live Forever… mine is hitting 22amps 4700lm at turn on…. using a 30T 4.22v off the charger.

Thanks Texas_Ace and KawiBoy1428! Just retested with fresh 40t battery and got 4400 lumens at 18 amps. First test was with a black Littokala 26650 not fully charged.

These work ok with an A6 FET+7135 driver?

I would think it should, yes. If you have it fully modded out with heavy gauge wires and really good cell(s), bypassed springs, etc., I'd prefer going with a better FET, but the A6 FET isn't that bad I don't think, all depends if it's fake or not, and how long your runtimes are, etc...

The A6 driver has the long and short presses for nav up and down? If so, the driver's heat will effect the cheap cap they typically use, so might be a bit inconsistent for reverse nav.

I have a 3V 50.2 running on a BLF A6 driver in a Nightwatch NS22 Seeker, no problem. With a 21700 40T I get well over 3000 lumen.The driver spring is bypassed, it would be a bit more if I bypass the tail spring too (seems a copper alloy spring already), but it is nice enough as it is.

I built a S3 with a TIR & banggood A6 driver. Reverse mode doesn’t work and it gets incredibly hot on turbo in a matter of seconds. But I really like this light, on lower modes it doesn’t get that hot but puts out a hell of a lot of light and has a lovely beam pattern.

Same LED in a C8 with the bistro UI banggood drive is nice as well, doesn’t get that hot but does step down really quickly with the default firmware settings.

Hi all, I have a few 3v xhp50.2 in the mail. What’s a recommended driver for this emitter? I’m building a convoy L2 and c8+.

Convoy C8+: FET + 7135 Driver - 17mm - MTN-17DDm

You can use the same driver with the Convoy L2.
However, you can only use it with a single cell Convoy L2 with a short tube.

Thank you!

For the convoy c8(+) users, what tailcap and/or tailcap modifications you guys using to support high amperage on this host?