3 volt XHP50.2

I messed up two Omten 1288 switches in one of my Convoy C8+ hosts while runing in at 8.5A with a LD-A4 driver. I have ordered a Convoy M21A host which comes with a 10A forward clicky switch. In a throwy host I don’t mind a forward clicky because I don’t change modes that often to see things far away. If you don’t mind 21700 hosts and forward clicky switches then go for the M21A.

The 1288 should not go at 8.5A, are you sure it did not happen by soldering the switch too long/ too hot? That is the only way that I manage to ruin this little switch.

I used my 3V XHP50.2 C8+ a lot. First the switch goes all squeeky when the host gets hot, and after a while the resistance sky rockets. I noticed the high mode was not as bright as it was and I suspected the LED was faulty because I shaved the dome off. But that wasn’t the case. . This was the first one that I ordered from L4P. I replaced the switch myself. After another month of heavy use it just got stuck in the on position. Obviously there are many cases where people say it’s running fine at high currents but there are just as many failures too. I won’t push Omten 1288 switches past 5A anymore. In my Convoy S3 and BLF A6 they are feeding Luxeon V’s at 5A and they don’t get squeeky and no failures after 8 months of use.

Very interesting reports, will keep a lookout

D01, shaved xhp50.2 3v = 280.000cd. Powered by 3 Sony VTC5 batteries.

I have the big cu pill from Kiril and this is the first led so far that is match for the massive pill, 5 minutes and you cant hold the light at the middle part, 5 minutes more and the whole god damn light is so hot you cant touch it.

I got few more to try them in few different hosts but i am not sure if any smaller light that i have will be able to run that led for more than 30 seconds on full power.

Has anyone tried dicing the 3V XHP50.2?

The green corona is nearly gone, and throw improved

Boy, now I luv e-switch lights even more!

The Amutorch X9 is one freak'n nice host for these LED's in triple. Dunno how it takes the heat that it can, but it does, and 10K lumens from your pocket.

I just had to order another X9, in titanium gray here at BG with Martin's discount - awesome price.

The head is made of aluminium, yes?

@Tom E, why not use that monstrous NightWatch that comes with 3x XHP50.2 stock?

Do you use the stock driver ?
Mine was only pulling 20A with 3*XHP50.2 3V and a Black LK 26650…
I’m back to SST40 because obviously 20A isn’t enough to reach 10K lumens and SST40 have a better beam profile

Thanks for your reply.
Did you try to keep alive ESD diodes? or are they too close to die to dicing without damaging them?

I mean like in this tutorial by ZozzV6 Dedoming Xhp70.2

Here is my version of the sliced 3V XHP50.2, stereopicture with the led at .5mA. As you can see one of the ESD wires was accidentally saved :party: . It is doing fine in a Nightwatch NS22 Seeker and has even seen quite a few hours of use during a school trip that I supervised (finding pupils at night around the premises :smiling_imp: )

Great skills!!!
You people are very helpful.
Thank you very much!

Because it's wayy cooler to have that power in a smaller package. You mean the NA40SE? It's a 41 mm head, smaller than a C8. The version that comes with the XHP50.2's is the NA40GT. I got the NA40SE, modded, but got the orig version with the mucked up tail with no spring, just empty space. Trying to get a replacement tailcap thru Neal but he's been very unreliable responding - a word hear and there, answers 1 of 2 questions, etc. -- getting frustrating....

No way would I stick with the stock driver - it's running NarsilM of course:

Measured 32 amps on a GOLISI 4300 26650.

Anyone know if the 3v xhp50.2 will work on this mcpcb (Noctigon XM20 20mm Copper MCPCB - XM-L2 / 6V XHP50)

Noctigon XM20 20mm Copper MCPCB - XM-L2 / 6V XHP50 ?

Yes it will work

Ok thx!

To be more specific, it will work on any 5050 board. It’s the same footprint/voltage than an XM-L2

Where’s everyone buying their emitters? I see them in ≥6000k on KD, but I’m really only interested in ~5000k at most or ideally 4000k. Do these even exist?

I’m getting them from vinh.