3 volt XHP50.2

5400k is the warmest I have seen… at Cutter

I have 4 of them in my Q8 looks “great” in Turbo mode and Off mode!!!

But lowest modes/levels….not so much :smiley:

Where is a good place to buy one in 5000-5400K in Europa.
I am modding my ZY-T08 for it.
The new pill (Kirill made my drawing a reality) is on its way, switch change is almost done and now i have to find the right driver. FET or should i go with a CC driver to set a current limit? Driver pocket is for 20mm driver.
The light uses 2P 18650. Tailsprings are bypassed and the positive contact is a thick brass ring soldert to the original driver (only used as contact board).

I had planed to make a collection-Order from cutter.au in Germany:

Aber ich bin da bisher nicht dazu gekommen. Ggf. hast du ja Zeit und Lust da was zu bestellen.

Thanks Wieselflinkpro!
I jump in on the order if someone is doing it.

Hi, I’m also interested in a few ones if we make a groupbuy in europe!

what do you mean? Were you just kidding or in lower modes the tint shift is not good looking?

I don’t kid around…. maybe sometimes… not this time… some like warm yellow green in the lower modes?

Like I said… Turbo/Off best modes… :smiley:

. YMMV… :beer:

Oh, i see thank you… to bad, I wanted to put one in my H03 but I will probably consider something else since a headlamp will work in lower modes most of the time :frowning:

But I’m still interested in the groupbuy for bigger lights that can sustain the output when full driven

There is always Slicing/Dicing it takes care of alot of the shift…if your inclined to do so? :+1:

Some useful info. My 6000K LED from Kaidomain tested 3.226Vf @ 8A. Getting some good runtimes in a M21A using a LG 4800mAh 21700.

If anyone has any reservations from ordering from Cutter because they’re in Australia, I can attest that there is no reason to worry. Recently put an order in for some 3B0 (5400K) 3v XHP 50.2’s from Cutter. Had a small problem and Mark stepped in to quickly correct it for me. VERY reasonable shipping to the US, I would definitely buy again.

Otherwise, these 3V emitters are great, just wish we could find them in 4000K!

The only option I get for US shipping is $18.xx. Is there another option? That’s the only thing holding me back from ordering a few.

Building a L2 convoy xhp50.2, what’s max amps this emitter can pull?

As much as your battery and springs will allow. Bypass them preferably. Should be fine

Depends on what you want to do with the light. You can easily pull 14A with an FET driver. But for sustained high output, I run mine at 7-8A in my L2 for extended runs.

Holy bejeezus ok :smiley:

I put one in an S2+ with a Fet +1 driver. On a fresh 30Q I measured 19A at the tail. I now use it for battery testing :wink:

Any news about the group buy of the 5400K 3V XHP50.2 from Cutter?

Since some of the new high power cells can go so much beyond 19A, the 3V 50.2 is really not (by itself) an ultimate test for that. I have Samsung 25S cells that can do 28A and the Sony VTC5A (D) aren’t far behind that. Not saying 19A isn’t pretty dang sweet, but the 50.2 in 3V trim can go over 21A to my knowledge. A Samsung 21700 30T can give 30A and a bit more when a single cell is tried hard. So there are cells that could give the new 50.2 a run for it’s money… Edit: Should probably point out these aren’t theoretical numbers but actual measurements taken from flashlights.

The 3V 50.2 in my Fenix TK61 is making around 4300 lumens in my calibrated light box off 4 cells in parallel. I don’t recall measuring at-emitter Voltage or Amperage. A buddy asked me the other day what this emitter might do in a A6, with an 18350… I built one and tested it both with 18650 and 18350… with a Molicel P26A it made 3030 lumens and with an Aspire 18350 it pulled 2460 lumens so the little tube lights can indeed be viable power houses. Do get hot though…

Ahh, the fingertip-scorchers, for when you don't want fingerprints you can just burn them off!

I need to get around to moving the contact ring over to the new driver for my SupFire L6. It has triple 50.2 3V waiting, already installed.

Thanks for the numbers, Dale. 4300 lumens on a 50.2, that's the beginning of XHP70 territory! I'm excited to see you fry a 50.2 on a 30T, I know you can do it ;) :THUMBS-UP: