30%-50% discount / Free shipping / Coupon--------Shenzhen Great Wall Technology(Simon) Convoy-Flashlights

I’m late to this convo, so please forgive me if this has been suggested.

I understand simon’s reluctance. But what about a true limited run Group Buy? The limit could be set low so there is not such a huge commitment of capital.

How limited is limited? :~

By the way, I’m in! I don’t want to miss out because it’s limited and everyone jumped on it.

Any chance for a black 18350 tube?

Never even thought of that in our conversations (been a while). I believe that J-Dub74 is constantly communicating with Simon. I am sure if people could come up with a list of requirements he would be willing to entertain it.

+100 Please!

+1 on the black 18350 body tube (btw, will it fit the S8?)

As for suggestions for new BLF-Convoy lights, I think a very BLF type of light that would be very popular would be a Convoy 18650 tube style light especially dedicated to use with a triple ledboard and the Carclo triple optic.

This host would be not much different from the normal tube style Convoy 18650:

*just a bit shorter so that a spacer is not needed between pill and ledboard

*a brass pill that is flat on top to accommodate a 20mm triple board (17mm driver)

*the opening on front just a bit wider than the usual Convoy (but with a o-ring groove so that it does not pop out), to have less light loss from the optic

*still a glass lens (I like a glass lens in front of the optic, less stress on the plastic optic and easier kept clean)

*mini-fins like the Convoy S8 because triples produce more heat than singles

*18350 body tube available

+1

Excellent ideas. That would be a big hit for sure. I have several triple convoys. These changes would make a already great light even better.

Id like to add, a pilotdog68 lighted tailcap would also be an awesome new feature.

Yes, I would absolutely be in for this! I bet he could sell hundreds, easily. Honestly, if the financing is really Simon’s biggest concern, I bet something like that would be such a popular buy that you could get folks to pre-pay, or at least make a “down-payment”. I feel like he’s respected enough around here that folks would trust him with that arrangement.

I would love a smaller EDC light by Convoy, 1xAA/14500.

if there is a group buy on any of the ideas stated above: I am really interested!

Big thanks to Simon for all the work and high quality lights, they are great.

I would love that too, but for AA use there is no high quality standard (15mm) driver, like the standard 17mm NANJG lineair drivers for the li-ion lights. And as far as I know, Simon is not into driver design (yet).

In that case a host alone would be sufficient for us. overall sales numbers would take a hit though because some people wouldn’t be able to deal with building their own drivers and assemble the light.

It’s just I don’t want to spend 20 bucks on a different brand when I know Convoy would be in a similar price range with better quality.

I’m waiting for this, hope Simon sees the need… a Convoy quality 14500 size light would be excellent. It seems like the BLF X5 is going to be a hit, its a good example. But a 14500 size tube light would also be great - nice & compact. So, maybe the Convoy C8 & S2 but just in miniature form? I’m a fan of the SMO reflectors…

But can X5 be bought separately?

Not yet. In fact it can’t be bought anywhere yet since it’s a new design specifically created for that group buy. I think most of us kind of expect it to become a common light though and not die with the group buy, but there’s no guarantee of that.

Thats why it would be a winner if Simon can do the Convoy version of the X5… and maybe a mini S2 also :slight_smile:

Just received the Convoy L2 I purchased from Banggood. Went for a hour long walk in the dark using the flashlight and I can not find one bad thing about it. Home run Mr. Mao. The low mode is great for walking at night. The flashlight has very good throw and side spill. I am a happy customer.

S2+ UV
Ordered: 10/31/2015
Tracking is still not active 31 days later

I’m very disappointed with this order. This is GearBest-level bad. In the future, I will always recommend buying from BangGood if you are interested in Convoy products arriving in a timely fashion. Hopefully they will start stocking the S2+ UV soon.

I ordered this flashlight from Simon on 11/11 and the tracking (to Germany) is active since 11/21, you should contact Simon.

Regards, Juergen

What are the coupon guys?

The coupon mentioned in the title of the thread is old and no longer active. However, I believe Simon may be giving a discount if you mention that you are from BLF in the order notes.