30%-50% discount / Free shipping / Coupon--------Shenzhen Great Wall Technology(Simon) Convoy-Flashlights

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Does anyone know where I can find some S2+ brass pills? I want to change the driver on a red S2+, but the driver ring is completely stuck on.

Maybe I’m kicking in an open door (Dutch proverb) but the driver ring on my red S2+ has a normal righthand thread (fasten: turn clockwise) while the ring in the tailcap has a lefthand thread (fasten: turn anti-clockwise). I almost killed the latter while I tried to unscrew it in the “normal” direction :~

Ok, so I’m not happy at the moment. I’ve placed an order for $522.86 with Simon. The following items were not in the parcel:

• 10 x C8 Hosts [$123.55]
  • 4 x M2 Hosts [$72.64]
  • 2 x S2 Hosts [$20.66]

Thats a total worth $216.85!

I’ve unfortunately only realized this now, 4 weeks after the parcel was delivered. I’m situated in South Africa and have a mailbox in the US. I’m now at the point of consolidating many parcels delivered over the past 2 months, of which the above was delivered 8 June 2015. During the consolidation process photos are taken of each package’s contents, this is when I’ve realized the above issue.

I’ve sent Simon a message about this. How do I prove to Simon the items were not in my parcel!

I’m NOT happy and I really hope Simon will refund me for this amount. Damn, this is frustrating…

On the off chance that Simon still visits this forum and cares what we think…. please, PLEASE, PLEASE bring back the C8 host with the threaded pill. There are so many more reflector and emitter options when the pill can be adjusted. The new integrated pill makes the best host around almost useless for some very cool mods.

I have communicated with him on this site in the last few days. I am really feeling the pain of the integrated pill M8 as well. I really wanted one with the removable pill, but I was to late to the show. I build a version 3 and felt that it could have gone better, had problems with lens thickness and a Noctigon mount. I will keep my eyes open for a used old style one. I see that Ultrafire still has the removable pill, just not sure that the light quality would be as good.

Matt

The version 2 of the Convoy C8 host was just about perfect. With all of the reflectors available for the XP-Gs, etc, you could get just about any emitter to a nice tight focus by backing out the pill to fit whatever reflector you used. A little loctite and it worked beautifully, with no heat issues or anything.

So of course, he went and made it integrated and took all those nice possibilities away. |(

There’s no need to fear! Underdog ThorFire is here!
Thorfire C8s review

Sweet. Where can we buy the host and a rev clicky switch? :smiley:

Didn’t someone post a few days ago that Fasttech is still selling the old model, buy one there.

The host has been discontinued…

And, it would also be good to know that one does not have to rely on old stock to get your hands on some…

Has anyone ever tried to do a custom light with Simon? He seems more efficient with higher quality manufacturing than some of the other manufacturers that BLF has been working with.

I asked him about fet driver, first it looked promising but then he didn’t understand what I mean so I gave up after some messages…

A convoy with fetdriver would be a dream: cheap, powerful and perfect quality…

Hahaa! Great Idea! You want him to end up in a padded room? :smiley: I don’t think he is that crazy!! :bigsmile: LMAO!!!

Maybe Rey could do some translating for us? A Convoy BLF Edition light would be awesome. I associate the Convoy brand with quality and affordability. Imagine a big and heavy light with at least a 90mm reflector, SMO for a thrower or OP for a XHP70 lumen monster. Bright enough to beam a bat signal on the clouds and durable enough to brain a zombie.

Forget about the bling and blinky lights. Give us a side e-switch and a rear switch for lockout. 8 cell or 6 cell battery configuration. Keep it simple, sensible and Spartan Simon with a 2S 8 cell version of a Supfire M6 style of tube or a 2S 6 cell version of a Courui D01 style of tube. Using a straight walled tube and a separate battery carrier might be cheaper to build but is a pain in the arse in my opinion.

Since this would be a large and heavy light, having eyelets to mount a sling would be advisable. Square cut threads as you would find on a Convoy is a must.

Simon would be interested BLF lights BUT there is the issue of capital. The more custom the light gets the more outlay that is required for the manufacturer. That is the only thing that prevents Simon from the large custom group buys....not language ;)

Hmmmm, since BLF member’s have been asking for the L2 and now Simon is coming out with the New L2, how about an exclusive first chance to buy for BLF members only, to get the very first one’s off the production line? Call it an EB, exclusive buy? Maybe BLFEB on the side of it? :bigsmile:

Whats the point of such “exclusivity”?

I wonder if Simon has any potential source he could look to without giving up ownership of his business. I have no idea what the business climate/financial system is like where he lives. Are there “micro-loan” operations there?

Is there any way people here can put money up in advance, to back him in doing something interesting — so he gets the benefit of the design and discussion (maybe gets to make the design patent on the idea in China, in case he wants to go after the big guys who will steal and rip off any good idea once it’s proven salable?) Or would that be inviting him into a tar pit better avoided?

NOTE — I’m talking about “money we can afford to lose” here — because I know a tiny bit about what can happen.

Long ago I worked for a while for the Whole Earth Catalog folks, Point Foundation — and learned of an unexpected consequence of the original Whole Earth Catalog: it killed too many of the little businesses that were recommended.

They were overwhelmed with inquiries and orders from all over the world, far beyond what the people at the little company could handle. They tried to scale up, committing money and time to grow to meet demand, and sometimes they couldn’t survive that.

I know the good advice is to beware of venture capital investors — they push people to grow businesses faster than is safe, knowing that will burn out and kill nine out of ten (and they make a lot of money on the tenth one after getting rid of the founder, by selling it off).

We’ve seen one group buy at BLF I know of that asked for and got money up front (and blew up, nobody knows why exactly) — the 2-UV-emitter light supposed to be built by Romisen — a well known established flashlight maker — but somehow they didn’t work out.

It did show folks here are willing to put money up in advance for a new design to be worked out.

My impression is that Simon does a good job of QA and QC and understands the difference:
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?QualityAssuranceIsNotQualityControl

BLF Convoy Special Edition Kickstarter! :bigsmile: