30Q button top - new deal for Q8

PM not yet repplied
I will email BG. If not reply after weekend I will fill dispute in PP

i am sorry for all the hickups - but i am afraid i cannot help more :frowning:

I got 4 flat tops, they apologise and resend…3 button tops and 1 flat top. Jesus Christ…

Their solution: 100 BG points….get f%#ked

Ordered 4 on March 8th, shipped on 9th and received on 23rd. All button tops as supposed, so all good…

I was wondering why my order placed on 3/3 sat there before finally being shipped on 3/22 while others who placed orders after had their orders shipped and received.

According to usps tracking it looks like it was returned and shipped again. Some kind of notification would have been nice.

March 22, 2016 , 2:26 pm Processed Through Facility SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

March 7, 2016 , 11:13 am Processed Through Facility SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

March 6, 2016 , 2:33 pm Acceptance CHINA

Ordered 6 BT’s on March 9th, shipped on the 10th, rcv’d yesterday. All good BT’s, each individually bagged (not padded), but all within a foam wrap. All in mint condition, tested two of the 6, and both reported capacity of 3030 mAh on the Opus. Happy, and Thanks!
Boy, glad I waited…

I am freakin’ furious right now. I decided wanted 4 more of the flat tops a few weeks back. Ordered and they shipped fairly quick and arrived today. Inside the package I found 3 flat tops and one button top! JHC! I’ll take a picture or two, send in a dispute and see what kind of crap resolution they will offer. I will never buy any cells except from a USA seller ever again.

Small update; I received a replacement button top for the single flat top in the order of 6 button tops i made. All good now.

I may order more, but looks like it’s luck of the draw when you order what top you may get.

They have replied and have offered a very good solution

I ordered 30 button tops and received…… 30 button tops. I continue to have good luck with Banggood, but in this case it probably has more to do with not being one of the early purchasers.

I feel bad for the guys who had a hard time getting the right cells. I hope Banggood comes through for you all.

Solved

There is no ryhme or reason to what happens. Seems like acrap shoot. If we count the replacements for the original mess up as one order I have three orders since the group buy opened. Only the replacements came through with no mixups. Hardly inspires confidence in Banggood.

Ordered 8x button tops on March 1st, recieved package on the 21st (was out of town), and finally tested all of them on the Opus. Tested on both 0.2A drain/charge, and 1A drain/charge, and the results were nearly identical. All batteries are under rated capacity. I’d recommend everyone check theirs if they can.

And to show my charger isn’t out of spec (3x 25Rs, 1x HG2):

Wow those 30Q’s are only 90% of their capacity or less

Yeah…. I have contacted BG, so we’ll see what happens.

Please keep us in the loop.

Has anyone else tested their 30Q’s from this GB?

Very interesting development!

I think the perceived reduced capacity has to do with the Voltage that your equipment uses.
These batteries are rated for 3.7v.
If you measure at 4.2v then a 3.7v 3000maH rated battery will measure at ~ 2642 maH.
( 3000 * 3.7 / 4.2)

I may be wrong, but I think that is the explanation I have seen elsewhere on BLF.

Standard li-ion batteries are 4.2 volts at full charge and 3.7 volts nominally, which is to say that’s the average during a typical discharge cycle.

The termination voltage in a discharge capacity test will have an effect, but my Opus is usually pretty close to rated capacity on new cells. When I tested a 30Q from Mountain Electronics, I got nearly 3100 mAh. Something is definitely not right with this result. It’s almost like somebody put pink wrappers on 25Rs.

Wow!
My banged up, dirty looking 30Qs which I bought from GB still managed to hit 29xx when I ran charged-discharged test on my Opus BT C3100